Quantcast

gfmt for friday

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the lack of east coast dates on graveyard and kadavar's tours is disturbing.....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
:wave:

I slept.......well. Not sure what I'm going to do about that, it's been a real long time. Seems like a waste of it to go to work now.
same here. only woke up once, because of heartburn and not the kids.

got to work only 5 minutes late today. nice. I hope my wife lets me go for a ride tonight. it's finally cool after all that fuggin heat. I'm stoked.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Tgiff. 7am - call with India. 8am - dentist. Now on a train to the city with empty stomach.

On a positive note, I had Bombaystic dreams last night.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Last official day of vacation. I slept late, pooped, and had coffee. We're off to a good start. I need to do a short run later today then hit up the Costco. I've got a 10K race Sunday. God, 10K's suck. 6.2 miles of almost-have-to-puke race effort.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I dreamt I was driving an Alfa 4C and crashed into a river. Hmph.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
FFFFfffUccckKKKKKKkkkkkk yiss.
its Friday.

Not much on tap this weekend. Pool party, day drinking, vegging out, maybe an early morning bike ride/pump track sesh.
Fkn smoke in the air is killing me this week. Cant wait for winter.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Got another Blue Friday Seahawks Rally under my belt--another 70-80 people this week, and I foresee it getting much bigger, as lots of peeps just stayed inside because it was chilly in the wind. Made for a good 12th flag raising!

Weekend=at least 2 bike rides, at least 2 runs, 1 football jamboree for the little tyke, several hours of sanding and painting, etc. in the bathroom remod, and most likely an extended visit to Home Depot! Whew! It's going to go way too fast! Enjoy every minute kids, we never know if it will be our last!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Not my day on bikes...

First: loose rear Der cable nut causes me shifting grief. Fix that.
Second: get a goddam pinch-flat on my rear tire. And yes, it was tubeless.
Third: disastrous ride down The Wall culminating with me going OTB and gashing up both knees.

Fuck.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Not my day on bikes...

First: loose rear Der cable nut causes me shifting grief. Fix that.
Second: get a goddam pinch-flat on my rear tire. And yes, it was tubeless.
Third: disastrous ride down The Wall culminating with me going OTB and gashing up both knees.

Fuck.
take it out on your kids....it's what they are there for.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The grid casing specialized would give a you good middle ground with more beef.

Try a Slaughter.
Rolls faster than a dhr, corners just as well and won't get hung up on rocks when you drag your rear brake through the gnar.

I used to run those minions but the low air volume and flimsy casing gave me nothing but problems.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
will get to see ride a second time this year....unfortunately in alabama.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Bah! Work foiling my plans... and Chrome trying to fix 'em! (kinda) Got a call on my way home from a lovely half day and had to get right on the laptop when I walked in the door to upload an insane amount of dogs to this website, which happens to require java. Which apparently won't work on either my work or home computer anymore. IT is working on it... but I'm hoping it's late enough on a Friday that this can all wait. I might just sneak out the door to ride that trail that has been calling my name...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm definitely a hack. I'd like to be a hack that doesn't have to fix flats, though. And I agree - 30psi is not what I would like to run... but any lower and I'm fairly certain I'll destroy another rim out back...
Try a larger tire. I really like the Conti Mountain King in 2.4" It is a big sumbitch. I can get away with 20 psi riding recklessly over rocky shit. Older versions of the tire got a bad rap for falling apart but the newer compound seems to hold up just fine.