Quantcast

Ghost town?

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
i was actually just noticing that, the most recent post was yesterday morning. and yes, it might. unless global warming forces the creek to have diablo open up during the winter, which would be awesome

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
anyone doing any "hike and bike" or shuttle runs in the area now? going to ringwood soon....thats a good place to shuttle run.....other than that i guess im back on the xc bike for awhile.

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
Any snow on the trails? :disgust:
NO SNOW YET IS WAS GREAT A LITTLE ON THE CHILLY SIDE GOING UP THE LIFT BUT OVERALL A GREAT DAY THIS WEEKEND COMING UP IS THE LAST RACE A LOT OF RIDERS WILL BE THERE AND THE LIFT IS SLOW SO DONT THINK I'LL MAKE IT LINES ARE TO LONG....BUT U NEVER KNOW....

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
unless global warming forces the creek to have diablo open up during the winter, which would be awesome
what can mountain creek do right now to prepare for ski season? why don't they keep diablo open until the first snow and make some more money?

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
what can mountain creek do right now to prepare for ski season? why don't they keep diablo open until the first snow and make some more money?
1. There is a ridiculous amount of work needed to prep all the equipment for ski season.

2. I am sure Diablo has a very specific insurance window that covers the riding season only. I can imagine that the liability insurance on a downhill mountain bike park is stupid expensive, waivers or not.

3. The season is over. That's why.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
anyone doing any "hike and bike" or shuttle runs in the area now? going to ringwood soon....thats a good place to shuttle run.....other than that i guess im back on the xc bike for awhile.
Yes! november = hike a bike.

Glen park (PA)
Skyline (NJ)
Trumbul (CT)

I would also like to make it to Blue Mtn (NY) I hear its a neat area.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
winter always good for park and dj so im not complaining
I agree, this is the time when a Ray's trip is planned, the local indoor park scene starts to become a weekend job, and the dirt jumping will get underway as soon as the jumps dry out and freeze up. Till snow that is.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
there is no riding season to me, i ride all year round. road, xc, am and dh. i will ride in below freezing it doesn't phase me. Plattekill will usually stay open extra weekends depending on the weather. last year they stayed open 2 extra weekends because the weather was so nice.

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
Yes! november = hike a bike.

Glen park (PA)
Skyline (NJ)
Trumbul (CT)

I would also like to make it to Blue Mtn (NY) I hear its a neat area.
rode blue mnt once on an xc.......alot of cool freeride stuff around but far in......but getting your dh bike to it will be a hell of a workout.

Sep 23, 2007
freeride trails? in blue? what crack are you smoking? that place is all xc. are there stunts in there?

if your in westchester and want the low down on freeride trails PM me. blue has nothing freeride about it. please correct me with some pics...

skier8689

Chimp
May 2, 2007
cortlandt manor, NY
freeride trails? in blue? what crack are you smoking? that place is all xc. are there stunts in there?

if your in westchester and want the low down on freeride trails PM me. blue has nothing freeride about it. please correct me with some pics...
more dh than freeride but its all up there... aj from downcycles made some sick trails up there.... ill take some pics next time i go... where in westchester are you freeridin?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory

I dont have pics, but will be sure to snap some!

Definitely freeride in there sir! Seek and ye shall find!

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Til May:

1500 calories - all vegetables
1500 sit ups
1500 push ups
1500 km xc rides
1500 pedal stokes per minute
1500 hand stokes per monkey spanking

I am a friggin pro - dont forget it.

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
do you wake up every morning to "Eye of the tiger"?
No, dam u guys dont get it. I wake up to raw broccoli, a shot of Gu, whey protein, 2 oz of steamed chicken. Then a cold shower, some exercise, the stationary bike. Then I call Lance Armstong and we compare logs. Lincoln logs that is.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
No, dam u guys dont get it. I wake up to raw broccoli, a shot of Gu, whey protein, 2 oz of steamed chicken. Then a cold shower, some exercise, the stationary bike. Then I call Lance Armstong and we compare logs. Lincoln logs that is.

I wake up to a pissed off wife, cause she just got back from the gym and I didn't get up and get the kids ready for school. A handful of whatever cereal is on top of the refrigerator, A hot shower where I again fall asleep till the screaming wife yells that I'm 10 minutes late for work, a trip out the breezeway where I step in a pile of dog sh!t that my dog couldn't make it out the dog door to do because it is too "cold" out to go out there. ( I know this is the reason cause last night he told me this when I was too drunk and tired to make it to bed). 5 minutes on the dirt jumps in my side yard (yeah I know I'm already late for work, but hey I own the place) then a 10 minute bike ride into work to find out that everyone else is late also and I have to make my own coffee. This just starts my 13 hour work day, so I don't have time to phone Lance, he'll call me tomorrow to set up our next training ride.:clapping:

Sep 23, 2007
IAMAPRO - i think you need to hire an assitant to do all those things for you. this way you could just spend all day talking trash on the phone to other pros.