Quantcast

Giant Faith?

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?
Searched and found nothing.

Anyone have any info on this bike? Its supposed to be giants new freeride bike I imagine. 8 inch rear travel and 3 models from what I can see. TI have the spec list and it looks really good, but im wondering if anyone has some solid info on the frame?

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
The only info I have on the Faith is the same, but there are some pictures floating around of the "reign" which has 4" i think instead of 8", but the same linkage i believe

davod

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
Front and back (1st it is in the background). Looks sort of like a dw-link to me (although, I'm probably wrong). Looks nice.

Attachments

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Ahh **** yeh, I'm liking that.
All these new virtual-pivot bikes that are coming out has got me excited... triangle rear end with 2 stubby links = winner of an idea in my books!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Finally got rid of the routing the cables under the DT - could never understand why Giant and Specialized did that on MTBs :P

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Rik said:
Ahh **** yeh, I'm liking that.
All these new virtual-pivot bikes that are coming out has got me excited... triangle rear end with 2 stubby links = winner of an idea in my books!
Well, the suspension paths that this kind of design allows are nearly infinite... I wouldn't get too excited until someone actually knows what kind of science has gone into the design and they didn't just slap a couple links on there and hope to sell it because it "looks" like a DW-Link/VPP/whatever.

I wonder if they did in-house design work for it or if it's actually a license of another design.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
binary visions said:
Well, the suspension paths that this kind of design allows are nearly infinite... I wouldn't get too excited until someone actually knows what kind of science has gone into the design and
True...true... the thing that does it for me is it makes alot of sense regarding stiffness, and hopefully Giant won't make any old crap.