Quantcast

Girlfriend's new ride...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
...is no longer me. Now that I got that joke out of the way, here it is, built with parts I had lying around.

specs
03 giant ac air lite frame bought from a fellow monkey
SGF rocker plates
Swinger 4 way
Dual crown stance kingpin w/ SPV removal kit from manitou
XTR dr front and rear
Rhinolite w/ xt rear hub
Rhinolite w/ marzocchi 20mm front hub
Avid bb7 mechanical brakes w/ 8 in rotors
Truvativ hussefelt cranks
Primo pedals
WTB moto raptors front and rear
and uh, some other stuff.

Not sure how much it weighs, but it's definitely much lighter than my 42lb faith. This is her first decent bike, so she's super stoked. Future plans are a different front fork maybe a 66sl or jr. t, some kind of bash guard and some lock on grips.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
leaving your bike upside down is good and bad, it lets all the oil flow down to the busings and the foam ring. so the oil is were its needed when you ride it the next time. but sometime the air in your brakes will go back up to the calipers. bad.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Yeah, my g/f started out w/ an XC bike, but all she wants to do is go faster downhill. She's also one of the few girls I know will go as crazy as the rest of my friends on a snowboard or skateboard, and she out surfs most guys (ex semi-pro).

I've got a feeling she'll out grow this bike pretty fast.

As for leaving my bike upside down, all that can happen are some air bubbles moving down your brake lines. It'll move back up when you ride and get on the brakes enough for the same reason it goes down when your bike's stored. It was only upside down for that night anyhow to pull a cassette off, but if it's seriously bothering anyone, you can donate money via paypal to the Get bdamschen A Bike Stand Fund.... (I'm not sure if it's tax deductable or not but we'll work something out).

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
bdamschen said:
Yeah, my g/f started out w/ an XC bike, but all she wants to do is go faster downhill. She's also one of the few girls I know will go as crazy as the rest of my friends on a snowboard or skateboard, and she out surfs most guys (ex semi-pro).
Nice. My GF is a pussy on the downhills. :p