Quantcast

Girl's Bike

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Just finished building my girlfriends new dh bike.

Here's some pics:

Changes in the near future (when the UPS guy shows up): Swap the SRS for a LG-1

Changes as soon as someone buys or trades for our fork for sale: hopefully either a 888 ATA (lowered to 7") or a 66 ATA.

Stuff that's on it now:
Azonic B-52 Frame
05 66rc2x
Roco WC
Azonic outlaw wheels
Sunline v-one stem headset and seat
v-two bars
juicy 7's (8" front, 7" rear)
x-9 der
PG970 11-23 road cassette
XT Cranks

Shakedown run happens tomorrow in santa cruz :pirate2:

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I don't know why every guy gets excited when they see that a female rides. I know that I wouldn't like it if I had a girlfriend that rode because well riding is my alone/guy time.

sweetbabyd

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Bucks County, PA
how much does the built up bike weigh? i'm a 5'5" 130 lb. female rider, and my bike is around 40 lbs. it feels a bit cumbersome at times, but perhaps this is the norm?

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
I don't know why every guy gets excited when they see that a female rides. I know that I wouldn't like it if I had a girlfriend that rode because well riding is my alone/guy time.
I agree 100%, but it IS great to see a female that is not your girlfriend rippin down trails!!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
The bash guard is going back on her short travel bike when the lg-1 gets here.

She's about 5'9", and the bike seems to fit her pretty good, this is the smaller of the two frames they offer. If she were too much shorter though, I'm not sure it would fit her so well.

40 lbs is about the norm for a DH bike, I think this one will be right around that or a tiny bit lighter, hopefully more so after switching to a newer fork. Her old DH bike was well over 40 lbs, so it's do-able, but I would say the smaller and lighter the person, the lighter the DH bike. It's hard to break that 40 lb mark though.