Quantcast

girlwhoboards

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
I never heard her talking about that anytime I was in the bushes outside her window......

:) KIDDING

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
i feel very badly for her. she is a ride monkey victim.

when i talked to her last, she told me she was going to los angeles to be spotlighted on a special version of dr. phil show. it's pretty serious - dr. phil will be doing a complete show about people who incessantly post off topic threads to really good regional mountainbiking forums and are subsequently run off by stalkers.

dr. phil called me the other day to come down in person - but when he started asking me if i would pose for him in the green room wearing a one piece lycra unitard, i told him that real mountain bikers wear baggy shorts - or jeans - and that he should probably post to the woodland park forum on ridemonkey.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I like girlwhoboards, and a poll about anyone is rather rude and high-schoolish (except for loco and N8).

However, she offered her opinions without much thought, like the one about rude road bikers blocking her car. If she had considered that many RM'ers ride road, she might have couched her opinions better.

Jun 18, 2004
Str8OutaBallard said:
Another RM burnout... how sad
I'm not one to be rude for the most part...

but all I can say is that at one point she posted 3x what I had posted in 1/2 the amount of time...

so what ever she needs to do is fine by me either way...

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Neal said:
i feel very badly for her. she is a ride monkey victim.

when i talked to her last, she told me she was going to los angeles to be spotlighted on a special version of dr. phil show. it's pretty serious - dr. phil will be doing a complete show about people who incessantly post off topic threads to really good regional mountainbiking forums and are subsequently run off by stalkers.

dr. phil called me the other day to come down in person - but when he started asking me if i would pose for him in the green room wearing a one piece lycra unitard, i told him that real mountain bikers wear baggy shorts - or jeans - and that he should probably post to the woodland park forum on ridemonkey.

not knowing whether this is facetious or not, I do know it's not possible to be a victim here. We are all here of our own free will, right? It's a freaking internet forum. If you don't like it here, go somewhere else. No one is holding anyone prisoner.

gg

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
geargrrl said:
not knowing whether this is facetious or not, I do know it's not possible to be a victim here. We are all here of our own free will, right? It's a freaking internet forum. If you don't like it here, go somewhere else. No one is holding anyone prisoner.

gg
right - and i mentioned that to dr phil as well. dr phil responded quite violently. he told me the internet is addicting and was breaking up families all over the usa. dr phil is pretty angry at the internet - especially ride monkey. dr phil is especially mad at user polls - and he's going to try to do an on-camera investigation for anyone who voted against girlwhoboards.

i voted for her - so i'm probably going to be ok.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I remember her fondly. We had shared a few "lol's" and friendly posts. We even had a moment over discussing our ADD. Ah, but those were different times. Now we have our careers to think about and these days we are just so e-busy.

Always in your e-dreams,

Bullitrider

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
She left RM because she was getting a lot of negative attention from the guys on here. I didn't notice any of it beforehand, or I would have put a stop to it.

It's a male majority sport, and this is a male majority forum, it's a shame some of you guys can't act like gentlemen so women can participate without worrying about the kind of attention it's going to get them. In general, people say a lot of things online that they wouldn't say in person because they feel they can get away with it. Sad.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Ridemonkey said:
She left RM because she was getting a lot of negative attention from the guys on here. I didn't notice any of it beforehand, or I would have put a stop to it.

It's a male majority sport, and this is a male majority forum, it's a shame some of you guys can't act like gentlemen so women can participate without worrying about the kind of attention it's going to get them. In general, people say a lot of things online that they wouldn't say in person because they feel they can get away with it. Sad.
Still people present themselves in a certain way. I'm female, been posting here for years, and nothing like that has ever happened to me. It's all in the presentation - haha, I make it clear I'm married and old.

gg.

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
I've been really lucky with Ridemonkey. I've found Washington's best rides here and I'm thankful for it. The only PMs I've received were helpful pointers to trails or meeting times for group rides. It must be terrible for someone to endure such mal-treatment. I hope everything works out in the end! :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Hey, I am glad to hear from you. Hope you stay on RM. Anyone with a problem, 3MTA3.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
girlwhoboards said:
yes i tend to get excited (do things in spurts)
Uh....

:D

Glad everything is going well. Post again sometime, it's getting bitter and lame around here.

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
I didn't mean to stir up any bad vibes, I just noticed that she hadn't been here for a while. I tend to say things here that I wouldn't say in person (mostly because people tend not to listen to me) but there is a difference between keyboard courage and being a sexist jackass and I'm pretty sure I don't come off that way to anyone (at least I hope so). Group hug everyone!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I wonder if Kim is interested in a Macneil Heaton frame.......?

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
gwb, i can identify w/ your opinionated posts and generalized statements, my whole world revolves around them. unlike you who i always thought of as a sensitive, caring person on these boards, i generally think people suck, and look to the mtb community for likeminded comraderie. unfortunately finding it here is like looking for legal downhilling in Wa. state. futile at best. don't let what people say on the internet get to you. i always enjoyed your posts, as i'm sure many others did as well. it was a nice break from the incessant whining about how all the trails are illegal, or who hates what bikeshop..........next time you post, just ask yourself (would M-Mike post this?) and as allways, the answer would be yes! happy trails!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
IMHO (not that it counts for a whole hell of a lot), she is rather active in the biking/boarding community so she should be entitled to say what she feels about things - whether or not one agrees with it.

The people that do piss & moan about her are likely the same people that piss & moan about how a particular TV show sucks, yet they tune into it anyway.:think: