Quantcast

Giro Semi MX

Spec8in561

Monkey
Mar 12, 2004
Saw one the other day and was interested in getting one...seems almost like no one sells them. Any ideas where to score one online?

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
it's definitely an awesome helmet. I think i got the last one in my size from beyondbikes back in dec... They said they were getting the (newer) 04s by JAn but i guess they never did huh. Good for me i didn't wait for em.

Good luck finiding one, definitely worth the search.

Christian -

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
it's about the hottest-non-full face helmet you can get might as well have no holes in it, since they don't seem to do a thing, and being black it doesn't help at all. It also pours sweat at very inoppertune times, instead of a more controlled-leakage or whatever that you get with other helmets. I wouldn't buy it again. Seemed cool, but in actual use it was not (literally).

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by rpet
like my semi-mx. got it at REI. haven't dialed in the fit yet though.

check out this new Pro-Tec Ace Dig... it's a skid lid with a visor. tougher and cheaper than the Semi-MX. I haven't seen it in person yet, but it looks cool. The Semi has the "one-hit" XC shell, btw.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47814775&parent_category_rn=4859761

-rob
I think the one hit idea comes more from the foam, once compressed the foam won't protected as well....

I think my SemiMX fits me real well, and keeps sweat off my face MUCH better than any other helmets i've had. I guess it depends on the fit of the helmet with each's head....

Christian -

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by one7one
What size are you guys wearing...I have what I consider a normal size head for my 170# self
I have the large and it fits well. Other Giro helmets fit me well as a rule, so if there's another Giro that fits you well, well, get that. I have a largish head.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
yeah i would try other giros at any local bike shop for instance and then match the size.... I think the semi MX fit a tiny bit snugger than my giro boreas and my madmax2. It comes with 2 sets of padding though, normal and thicker if the helmet is loose. But giro sizes are usually pretty consistent across their helmets....

I use same size (I'm pretty sure) in all my giro helmets and they all seem to fit fine.

Christian -