Quantcast

give props to companies with good customer service

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
in light of the good customer service i have experienced in the bike industry i would like to start a thread to thank those that go the extra mile to help riders keep up and running and back their product wholeheartedly. heres my list: Iron Horse
Marzocchi
Cane Creek

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Not in any particular order
Santa Cruz - Scott is always really helpful with questions and they did me right when I had a problem with my Heckler
Progressive - Turned my shock around in a week
Hayes - they even sent me a free Bucket hat!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Excellent CS experience with:

Kona
Progressive
Jenson USA (wow, look at that, I said something good about a web mail order company!)

Terrible CS experience with:

Universal Cycles
Price Point
Bombshell (big surprise :rolleyes: )

J

JRB

Cane Creek hooked me up when the knuckleheads that I bought my Jamis from lost a seal.

Hope turned around some pawls in 3 days.

Shimano has replaced two XT rear derailleurs and one XTR freehub with 5 day TURNAROUNDS on all occassions.

K2 sold me a shock and seat stays for my wife's Razorback. Mike went out of his way to make it work, but shipping sent the stuff out fedex ground when they should have sent it 2 day. Mike in turn had them overnight and I declined the original shipment.

Marzocchi hooked me up, but did not send my stuff in 1 day with 2 day shipping.

Too many crap companies in the industry to mention. Dean may have been the worst.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Excellent CS experience with:

Jenson USA (wow, look at that, I said something good about a web mail order company!) Lately yes, but they nearly sealed their fate before with crap. I was mad enough to contemplate a trip to Cali once.

Terrible CS experience with:

Universal Cycles
Price Point
I personally agree with these. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.:mumble:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I hope Jenson doesn't have anyone lurking here :D

I bought a Jamis frame from them like 4 years ago. It had a 5 year warranty. So I used it for trials, pond jumping, man I abused the CRAP out of that bike. It broke of course, after like 1 year. So then it hung in my garage for like 3 years with a cracked weld, until Squid was like "I've been thinking about building an XC bike, what's the deal with that Jamis in your garage?" I had been thinking about just throwing it away because it was so cheap when I got it. But I called Jenson and they were like, "yeah send it back, it's still under warranty." Then they sent me a brand new current model, so now Squid has a new XC bike :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Cane Creek, Avid, ChrisKing, Giant, Bicycles of Tulsa... oh yeah and JensonUSA (huge propes to them)

Thanks for reminding me echo... bought some brakes from them back in 2000... 1 came in with a slight deffect... they sent me new ones and told me to keep the defective part (which we later repaired and used on another bike)

Zero props go to... Cambria Bike (crazy pissy negative props to them), Rock Shox, Jamis

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ellsworth has some great customer service, i got a small chip taken out of my paint down at snowshoe and they replaced the whole front section. :rolleyes:

kidding

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Chris King! Custom sized lower headset cup to correct my ovalizing headtube, bearings removed from old cup and pressed in to new cup, back to me in less than a week. $12, no charge for two day shipping.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
IRON HORSE

I had to wait 3 months for my 5th element coil for my MTX Hollowpoint. They finally got me the shock and let me keep the 5th element air shock that came with the bike. So that's 1 MTX frame with seatpost (thompson elite), seat post collar, E-13 reducer cups, FSA ZS headset, 1 5th element air shock, 1 5th element coil shock for around $1350

Companies I hate?
Supergo 3 orders, 3 orders ****ed up

Knuckle

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
IRON HORSE

Even though it takes them a while to get things right they sure do try damn hard and always seem to do right by the customer in the end.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Banshee - one phone call and i had a new front triangle (crash replacement) at my door two days later.

Ironhorse - Overnighted me a frame direct from their warehouse so i could have it in time for the Snowshoe National. :love:

Evil - tons of help on questions regarding e13 reducer cups and chainguide for my Ironhorse.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Honestly though cmon guys EVIL
who is gonna throw them out DW deserves some props for the board help.
:stupid:

Nobody has been more helpful than Jonas at Evil/e.thirteen. Truly top-notch customer service. Thanks guys!

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
golgiaparatus said:
Zero props go to... Cambria Bike (crazy pissy negative props to them), Rock Shox, Jamis
I know this is an old thread but I have to comment. I agree completely on the Cambria deal. These guys have been jerking me around for a while with a purchase I returned before it even got here. I see no refund they promised and they are trying to ding me shipping. Even when their site states if there is a shipping error that wouldn't be so. Bad karma to them. :mad:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
woohoo old thread revival!

i have to give props to Giro/Bell Sports. i have a '02 Gila helmet of theirs, and over the years the roc loc mechanism has become broken. i called them up to find out how i could order a replacement piece for it, and they sent out a new one for free. :thumb:

supergo also gets high marks from me this year. i live about 8 blocks away from one of their retail stores, and had no issues returning a supergo.com order (screwed up due to my mistake, not theirs) to the physical store.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Props to:

Cortina - It's a pleasure dealing with them. They treat you like family
Hope
JensonUSA
Sun bike shop
Mountain bike mania - Brian always has his fridge stocked with beer ;)
Bell Helmets
Giant - Great CS if any issues occur, at least that's been the case for me.
Price Point - I know some of you have issues with them but I've had nothing but good luck. The one time they sent me a wrong item they just told me to refuse it and then overnighted the correct item at no extra charge.

The finger goes to:

Cambria - they have managed to screw up every order I've placed with them and then it was a pain in the ass to get a refund.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Turner - need I say more?
E13 - duh
Rock Shox - yeah I know, some of you had noting but bad experiences, but they have treated me like gold.
Sun Bike Shop - my LBS...they ROCK!!
Mountain Bike Mania - also takes care of me like a mom takes care of her child! ;)
Romic- I've had noting but good service from them
Planet-X - Two tumbs up.
SDG
Michelin
Sportworks
Easton

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Walmart, they always have the most friendly person at the doors saying hi as you walk in.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Bad: Gravity Warehouse - they worked on my Z1 FR for me - put in new oil and swapped springs - fork felt better but never quite right. I ended up trading the fork to IF_Rider - he sets the sag, takes it for a ride, hears a sort of pinging ringing sound in one spring - takes it to his shop - they tell him it's missing a spacer and sell him one and install it at cost - now he reports the fork is kicking major arse.

I felt that same noise - took the fork to Gravity and the guys just told me that it was a normal noise and to increase the preload - hmmmm......fockers!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
RockShox - :) They were super great about my fork, though I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to fix her up! :D

And ya - my LBS - Bikeworks :D Always gotta give props to the LBS cuz they gotta deal with a lot of the crap that big companies thumb their noses at. :) Scott's always great and helps me get my bikes running quickly even after I screw things up pretending to be a mechanic. ;)

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Larry at Mountain High Cyclery (AKA Ventanarama on this board & MTBR) - great prices, and he knows his stuff.

RaceFace did good by me with a warranty issue this year.

RockShox.....well, I hope that they fired all of the RS customer service folks when Sram bought them.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
well heres my list.
marzocchi. allways helped w/ any probs i had w/ my forks even if the shop didnt
specialized. answered all myquestions politely and sent me free stickers.
my lbs. beyond bikes. andrew was allways a huge help and if i came short on money he allways gave me a deal.

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
Update: Cambria still hasn't refunded me anything for their screw up. VISA can handle part of it after a month, but steer clear of this company.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
BikeGeek said:
Chris King! Custom sized lower headset cup to correct my ovalizing headtube, bearings removed from old cup and pressed in to new cup, back to me in less than a week. $12, no charge for two day shipping.
huh?
custom headset to fit a ovalized frame. werd

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
lovebunny said:
oh yeah i forgot my main one
DRACO industries. john overtheres been a huge help w/ all the probs ive had and got a new frame ready to be shipped in less than 2 weeks for free when the 1st opne got lost in the mail.
haha, yea. its been about 2 years i've been waiting for my frame to get done.
and i see the kid like every week. if i lived somewhere else, i send people to kill him. but i know what goes on here. so i'll keep waiting and see. his new place is REAL nice.
Hi John

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Joe Pozer said:
Props to:

Cortina - It's a pleasure dealing with them. They treat you like family
Hope
JensonUSA
Sun bike shop
Mountain bike mania - Brian always has his fridge stocked with beer ;)
Bell Helmets
Giant - Great CS if any issues occur, at least that's been the case for me.
Price Point - I know some of you have issues with them but I've had nothing but good luck. The one time they sent me a wrong item they just told me to refuse it and then overnighted the correct item at no extra charge.

The finger goes to:

Cambria - they have managed to screw up every order I've placed with them and then it was a pain in the ass to get a refund.
Jeez...how bout props to dh girlie for the plethora of items donated/gifted...bastard! :nope:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Sram was good to me, so I stick with them. Also cane creek is awesome.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
kryptonite gave me a new evolution u-lock in exchange for my old, beat up, twice-hacksawed evolution 2000. :thumb:

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
Joe Pozer said:
Props to:
The finger goes to:

I am still waiting for my refund which was promised by them. They even sent a credit memo and everything. Now that a month has passed I can get VISA to get my money back. Cambria are the biggest joke I have ever dealt with. Complete lack of responsibility for a shipping system that doesn't work.