Quantcast

Glory 2010 vs 303 R-DH 2010

Felipe_bika

Chimp
Aug 2, 2009
I was looking for a DH race bike...And I liked those frames...I would like to know wich frame is better...I have 5"8' height and 158 lbs..
Wich frame is better for me...I was looking for a DH race bike...
THx

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I was looking for a DH race bike...And I liked those frames...I would like to know wich frame is better...I have 6"7' height and 128 lbs..
Wich frame is better for me...I was looking for a DH race bike...
THx
Two completely different bikes but the Yeti 303-RDH all the way. :D

6'7"/128lbs??? What a you, a piece of bamboo.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I agree with Bicyclist.

The Yeti is a very sweet frame. It's geometry is more adjustable than the Giant, but the Glory just has a better suspension design IMO. Arguably the best in the industry for pedaling, control under hard braking, stiffness ect. Don't get me started on their warranty. It's the best around.

Oh, and it's cheap as $hit!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Glory is super cheap for what it is...light, good performer, and already proven for a couple of years, albeit slightly different. It would be my choice ferreals. I've heard bad things about Yeti's customer service, and not just from that one guy. I would stay away.

Then again, I hear the glory will explode the second it's pointed downhill, since the HT is so steep.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Don't get me started on their warranty. It's the best around.
Kind of...

They'll take care of you, won't argue with that. But they're also retarded. Like actually retarded. They send you the wrong **** pretty much every time. I think they set it up so that the guys actually working in warranty know what they're doing, but they have to send it out through somebody that knows literally nothing about their job. So they're 0/3 in getting the warranty claim right the first time with me. They're always happy to help, and the problem eventually gets solved, it would just be nice to not have to deal with waiting two weeks, finding they sent the wrong thing, and waiting another week for them to get it right.

That said, I still think you really can't beat the giant as far as high end offerings for cheap.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Kind of...

They'll take care of you, won't argue with that. But they're also retarded. Like actually retarded.
That sucks Will. They've been on point for our shop so far...

I was really saying that nobody that I know of offers a lifetime warranty on the front AND rear triangle of a FS frame.

Felipe_bika

Chimp
Aug 2, 2009
If I will pay the same price for both frames..Wich is better??
Becausa the only place a found is BikeWorks...$2100..

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
No seriously, MSRP is 1600 on the giant frame. It's time to shop around. Somebody, anybody, can get you a better deal.

If you're adamant that you want to pay $500 OVER RETAIL, then the choice is quite a bit harder. I still like the giant, but the yeti starts to make sense.

Felipe_bika

Chimp
Aug 2, 2009
I´m from brazil and my dad will go to Florida in 2 weeks...And he will stay ther for 10 days...But he will´not have much time...Because of it I´m asking for help..
Thx..

So giant or yeti??

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
I think your best bet is yeti if you are planning on bringing something home from the states. Glory's have been extremely hard to get and the only shop I know that has stock is Go-Ride in Utah.

I´m from brazil and my dad will go to Florida in 2 weeks...And he will stay ther for 10 days...But he will´not have much time...Because of it I´m asking for help..
Thx..

So giant or yeti??
I doubt that any of these places in Cental Flordia have a Glory in stock. Giant cannot be sold over the internet. At the bottom of the Glory page from the websites linked above..

"This item is not permitted to be shipped, however it can be purchased online and picked up at your convenience."

I am sure they are not sitting in a shop in Flordia that cannot sell them anywhere but Flordia. I have been quite interested in the new Glory frameset because of the price and when I called my Giant dealer this week the computer showed no frames in stock.

If your dad is only there for 10 days he better go direct from the plan to a shop and order something. I dont know what yeti has ready to ship but if its avaible then he will have to order something fast.

Last edited:
The other thing...customs. If you walk right in with your Yeti or Giant frame box off the plane customs is going to kill you. I would suggest taking the frame apart and putting it in a suitcase. Even if he has to spend $50 on a suitcase it will be loads cheaper than what customs will bust you with. You dont want to give them the chance, you want to slip thru without no one the wiser. I have been in and out of Brazil over 20 times and have brought in so much stuff so trust me on this one. Also I dont know where you live but the Sao Paulo airport is better than Rio to re-enter the country. I just had a friend that came back thru Rio and had to pay $500 in customs even thought she had the receipt(nota fiscal) and was under the $500 dollar limit of goods brought back in. Customs said "No it cost more than that your lying"...she had reciepts! Do not give them a chance.