Quantcast

glory sizing. help me quickly please

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
soo im getting a glory. i ride meduim faith which feels to small. i have sat meduim sunday which felt to small. but according to the website top tube goes up three inches when you get a large. what should i get? its for racing by the way.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
hey man i ride a med 05 faith 2 and im 5-10 or so. it feels just right for me. i also sat on an 07 small and med glory dh and they were way to small for me. my knees were hittin the bars so i ordered the large 08 glory. not sure if this helps you or not but i tried.

i was kinda worried about that 3" lengthening in the large as well. idk i guess ill have to deal with it.

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
im 6'1 bye the way. and yeah that did help. i was wondering if that maybe a it was a typo (the three inch thing)

Oct 19, 2001
There is a large difference between the top tube length of the large and the medium. I have spent several days on the medium, and found it far too short for my 6'1 frame, and raced all season on a large, which felt perfect. With that said, one of my teammates who is almost my size likes the feel of the medium. The large has a much more stable feel, and the medium does have a quicker, more nimble ride. So I guess it depends on what you like, how you ride, etc, but I would be inclined to go with a large if I were you. Which is what I will be riding again next year.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
hey left coast punk, thanks that makes me feel better. im glad i got the large now, i cant stand a tiny bike. i have about 4-5 inches between my knee and my handle bars on my med. faith 2. and when i rode the small glory my knees were hittin and then the med. glory i had like 1 inch inbetween my knees and bars. i wouldnt feel comfortable knowin i can smack my knees against the bars. so i think goin with the large was the right thing to do.

so yea project7 i think your best bet is to go with the large. since the glorys do tend to run real small.

and again im not the tallest dude but i like to be able to move around on the bike and im not a bitch, i dont care about weight, ill still be able to throw that bike around lol.