Quantcast

~~ GMT Monday 8-30 ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Monday, monkeys. Trying to shake out those Monday morning cobwebs but so far the cobwebs are winning.

How was everyone's weekend? Anyone do anything exciting? Our planned weekend of riding was full of FAIL. We had to bail on our 75 mile MS road ride Saturday on account of an emergency trip to the vet. The dog went and cut her foot right down the bone so we needed to take her in to get fixed up. The day wasn't a complete loss though...we managed to fit in an MTB ride in the late afternoon. Then yesterday was more FAIL. I was JRA 30 minutes into our MTB ride and my damn brakes decided to stop working. The rear brake was locking up and stopping my rear wheel from spinning. So we had to cut the ride very short and bring my bike to the shop. It's there now being nursed back to health. I was enjoying that ride, too. Meh. It's literally been years since I had to cut a ride short due to mechanicals.

We met up with irishblue and hillseeker for dinner and beer last night (yes, I had a beer). Irishblue bought MBC's "old" roadie. HOORAY!

Already looking forward to the upcoming three day weekend......

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning! When you've just moved into a new house and boxes are everywhere, you look forward to Monday and work so you can get some rest.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
did she cut it on lawn edging?

another reason for her to lay around on the couch.
The stair leading into our basement from her pen has a metal edge which she stubbed her toe on running back into the house. The vet was impressed that the dog didn't even flinch when getting stitched up. Since she has a heart murmur she was not sedated for the stitching. Now her foot is all wrapped up and she won't put any weight on it.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good morning! Had an uninspired ride Saturday then went into Boston to mull around. Sunday hit up the Fells for 13 miles, ran some errands and had a picnic lunch. It was pretty damn hot.

Off to the frustration that is a bunch of people doing half assed jobs...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
4 daze of Windham WC...I am beaten up and am deaf from Jon Kranked blowing his vuvuzela horn in my ear...Those damn things were everywhere. Great times. Citizen's DH course was awesome. UCI pro course was scary fast (to watch). My personal highlight: getting literally shoved off the stage during the Citizen's DH award ceremony so that the dude from the Spin Doctors could do his thing to a dwindling crowd. "Here's yer medal, now get the hell outta here!". :D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
gmm...my weekend plans all got poo-pooed so I ended up going to neither the car show I wanted nor plattekill/the WC. I'm not much of a racer anyways, but it would have been cool to be a part of it. Got a ride in at highland on sat so it was still cool though.

Took a look at a CTS wagon...awesome car. 0% financing deals, 4gs below invoice, 2k$ GM employee discount...dang. How bad is it to take out a 0% 72mo loan?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! LONG weekend at Windham for us as well. I was sick during the week last week so it wasn't the way I had thought I would spend my weekend (recovering) but whatever. Arrived to set-up Friday morning, veg at the LUNA Trailer and try to hydrate. VERY short spin = tired mamma monkey so I didn't push it and only did a very short ride on the course. Saturday = doing the LUNA thing and cheering our pro ladies to a 1st and 3rd place finish before hosting a clinic with Georgia Gould on the race course. I actually ended up giving a beginner a one-on-one during the whole clinic so that was fun. Then it was watching the 4x and having a drink with the Yeti guys. Spindoctors singer needed to talk less...got bored and left. Sunday was watching some crazy DHers and heading home for my mom's birthday.

Saw a bunch of monkeys at Windham this weekend too so that was a plus, I did however, manage to avoid many of the crazies with the vuvuzelas :)

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Morning Monkeys,

Rode both days this weekend. Woot! Saturday was a ride at Jones park in Vestal, a new place for me. It was really, really rooty and rocky... all the horror stories I heard about the technicality of it were true! I bit it hard coming down a right-hand switchback and landed on top of the remains of a rock wall, impaling myself in the right thigh with the end of my handlebar in the process. It. hurt. I had to sit in the middle of the trail for a few minutes whilst fighting off the urges to puke and pass out simultaneously. I now have a bright purple and magenta bruise covering most of my inner thigh. One of my riding partners also crashed and burned at the bottom of a steep descent and ripped up her elbow and shin. Good times!!! :thumb:

Sunday's ride was much mellower. No crashes. Lots of downhill. Got my car cleaned up so it's looking nice & spiffy, just like new again. Am having lots of fun trying to get one last screw out of my riding shoes so I can replace the cleat. So far I've tried wd40, PB Blaster, vice grips and assorted tools, and I am down to two last resorts, one of which may involve a drill. If that doesn't work, it may just come to buying a new pair of shoes!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heading out to a meeting in a few minutes. Should be a lot of profanity thrown around knowing this client!! Can't wait!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Jimmy, you should have handed him some kryptonite.

went down to the Cape this weekend. excellent weather. caught some blue crabs in the tidal creek w/ the boys, had a cookout on the beach at my step-brother's new place...pretty awesome setting. didn't do anything much yesterday aside from a bit of fishing w/ the boys.

RatsAss

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Where the sidewalk ends...
Morning All...I helped put on a charity ride this weekend for hippie farmers. We had almost 100 rides and raised just about $5000. That money will be used to build a greenhouse so the hippies can grow their hippie food all year round!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fu manchu in atlanta tonight......deftones friday.....charlatans next wednesday....pixies next thursday.....black keys following tuesday...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jon, what time did you post on Sat's race?
bit over the 4 min mark. I lost my lines once or twice, and had to dump some speed at one point to avoid going OTB and completely off course. Didn't check the official results though. I'm guessing they'll show up online sometime this week.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Must have a slow leak in my brake line because yesterday when I rode I discovered I had absolutely NO back break. It had needed a lot of "pumping up" on the last few rides but this time there was nothing. It sure makes riding differently. I never realized how much I used my back brake for steering until yesterday.