Quantcast

~~ GMT Monday - rain ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's MONDAY, monkeys! Get your butts out of bed and celebrate! :weee: Lots of rain out there today and boy do we need it.

Well I have tomorrow off, so I'm not sure if technically that means today is my Monday. But I won't get into that conversation. All I know is our kitchen floor is being replaced and I'll do my best to stay out of the way. :p

Everyone have a nice weekend? Wife and I had a fun ride yesterday with the elusive monkey known as 'tonyhawk.' Good ride, and man do my legs feel good these days.

Well, time to look like I'm working. Enjoy your Monday.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
5C, 15Km/h headwind this morning.

Who the hell needs coffee when you have 11Km of misery on the way to work?

Still trying to find a Swedish dish soap that will clean a chain.............somebody send me some Dawn please!!!!!!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Epic weekend at Kingdom Trails.
Almost ran over a wedding party,standing like morons in a blind corner of the toll road, while shuttling. I can take being cursed out by a spray tanned, obese bride off my bucket list.
Quebec needs a public service campaign about appropriate use of lycra.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Had a great weekend. GF and I spent the weekend in Lake Placid (beautiful little town), hiked Mt. Marcy, and just generally enjoyed the time away from work, family, etc etc.

I'm working through the pics now... will post a few in a bit.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Great weekend of rides began with our regular Friday night ride, followed by dinner & a couple of pints at the local pub. Saturday was epic...early morning balloon festival stop, hard labor replacing a bridge at trail maintenance and apple picking before an early bedtime. Sunday we took Syd to the local amusement park for a little while and watched the season premiere of Family Guy to end a busy weekend.

Looking like my ride tonight is going to be washed out so it'll be an evening Wii tournament with Syd and some quality time in the hot tub.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Good morning fellas. Decent weekend, got some stuff accomplished. Woke up with a migraine this morning so it was a good excuse to stay in bed. We'll see where my day goes from here but first I'm going back to sleep for another hour or so...

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Hi all!

Pretty good weekend here. Had a friend over for dinner Friday night. Couldn't find the grill light, so I found out that I can grill a mean steak even in the dark. Saturday we went out towards Boston, had dinner at Patriot Place & watched the first home game my BF's son played with his new hockey team. They won. Again. It's nice to see him playing on a winning team for once. Sunday we sealed the bathroom floor & we'll hopefully get the tile guy in this week. That would be awesome.

The only thing that would be better would be if we had found time to get out on the bikes. It's now been over 2 weeks since I've been on any bike at all! I think I'm having withdrawals.

Billions of acorns on MTB trails = lame.
IAB - We have so many acorns in our yard that I slipped on them yesterday! It was just like a cartoon - one foot went out in front of me & then the other. The next thing I knew, I was on my back & neither Mark or I could stop laughing! Very funny! :rofl: Seriously, though, I hate those things.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
pretty awesome weekend. some highlights

- Lego Kids Fest (well, actually that was a nightmare)
- record shopping w/ a friend up from NYC
- photography session w/ Teenage Fanclub
- shooting their gig later that night
- watching Sharktopus on SyFy
- corn maze w/ the kids
- getting together w/ friends for beer and food
- seeing Come play an improbable and totally excellent reunion set

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
No rain here - mid 80's and sunny! I had a wonderful Masquerade Ride Saturday. It's an annual event amongst Bendites. Costumes are near mandatory and we did a big mtb ride at Waldo Lake and Twin Peaks. There were somewhere around 30 people so we split up.

I'm the nurse.

Attachments

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I too spun out and nutted myself due to the crazy amounts of acorns in Nam Saturday morning.

On top of that (later that day), I was winterizing my pool, and while walking backwards and hosing off the deck, stepped on what I thought was part of the deck with my right foot. Turns out there was no deck there, and fell right into the farkin' pool with my street clothes and sneakers on. On the way down I threw my hands out to grab onto anything to stop me from falling. Turns out a ~20ga aluminum fence/rail won't stop 240lbs from falling into a pool. Bent the fence to shyte, ripped out a few rivets and generally caused mayhem to the fence.....looked like a bear tried getting in my pool. Nothing a little bending and re-riveting couldn't fix.

Jiminy yesterday made up for that.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
On top of that (later that day), I was winterizing my pool, and while walking backwards and hosing off the deck, stepped on what I thought was part of the deck with my right foot. Turns out there was no deck there, and fell right into the farkin' pool with my street clothes and sneakers on. On the way down I threw my hands out to grab onto anything to stop me from falling. Turns out a ~20ga aluminum fence/rail won't stop 240lbs from falling into a pool. Bent the fence to shyte, ripped out a few rivets and generally caused mayhem to the fence.....looked like a bear tried getting in my pool. Nothing a little bending and re-riveting couldn't fix.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I too spun out and nutted myself due to the crazy amounts of acorns in Nam Saturday morning.

:rofl: :rofl:

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement

That is about the funniest post I've ever read on RM. :rofl:

Good morning, ya'll. Got a 3+ hour ride in a Chenango Valley State Park near Binghamton yesterday. This is the second time I've been there. We stuck to the less-beaten (unmarked) trails this time. Holy rocks, batman!!! I felt like my teeth were going to get shaken out of my head!! Wished I had a full-squish and leg armor yesterday, for sure!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Yesterday, was the 1st time I walked (sans crutches) in about 8 weeks!!!

This morning I went to PT. My hot PT person is out on vacation, so I got the old dude instead. But I was put on a recumbent elliptical machine - first time doing cardio in 8 weeks - even got my heart up to a whooping 85 bpm!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys!

Great weekend with the fam. Birthday cake (and gluten free cupcakes) for me and Mad Dog, got more boxes unpacked, and even made the garage usable. I took an old computer desk that was rickety, mounted some adjustable hinges and converted it into an art desk for Maddie. Cost under $20 for a 1x2 for the pencil rail, 2 standard hinges, and 2 adjustable hinges. She can use the keyboard tray to set things flat, too.

Sure beats $150 for one.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
brewed a RyeP.A. this weekend (first partial mash), bought a sailboat & a sailboard, worked a little, went to a neighborhood festival, drank beers, heard some music, vegged out 7 watched two movies.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Afternoon monkeys!

Rode Brooksvale yesterday, and near the end of the ride, I had a mishap and ended up on the ground entangled with my bike. BigT came to help me, and almost broke my leg. In the aftermath of the crash, I noticed I ripped the brake line from my rear lever, and the lever tore my sock. I had to wuss down this really nice downhill that would have been great fun with both brakes.

Worked a little today, and then repaired my bike.