Quantcast

***GMT THREE***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Well, snowmageddon is here. I couldn't log on to the servers at work, so I decided to wax the skis. Just finished. Going to head out to the hill. I hope the roads are somewhat cleared and I can make it. We'll see how it goes with the little guy in deep snow.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
a little more ///Background here, stone man
The trench guys with me are all about me interviewing for the Products position; getting off the phone and away from working with people. My manager supports me, but knows that his workload is about to go up if (probably when) I get the position. His boss (AVP) and his boss' boss (VP) are not keen, as I'm the top performer on the team. They tagged me for a high profile position about 6 months ago and I turned it down to keep available for this one, which they weren't happy about. I'm potentially (probably) walking with the most experience and revenues. The thing is, I either walk and stay internal or walk and go across the street to Schwab or Fidelity with all of my experience and knowledge of out products. The latter is not something that they would want given we are trying to build my group out here while taking people and business from those firms.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The trench guys with me are all about me interviewing for the Products position; getting off the phone and away from working with people. My manager supports me, but knows that his workload is about to go up if (probably when) I get the position. His boss (AVP) and his boss' boss (VP) are not keen, as I'm the top performer on the team. They tagged me for a high profile position about 6 months ago and I turned it down to keep available for this one, which they weren't happy about. I'm potentially (probably) walking with the most experience and revenues. The thing is, I either walk and stay internal or walk and go across the street to Schwab or Fidelity with all of my experience and knowledge of out products. The latter is not something that they would want given we are trying to build my group out here while taking people and business from those firms.
ask those snowflakes if they need a safe space. or tell them one of them needs to give up their position if they want you to stay.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
bitch please. when my sewer line went 2 years ago (on christmas eve no less) that was a $12k bill. SIUP.
Ditto ($10K 2 years back) which shoulda coulda woulda been a new bike and a month long family vacation in Costa Rica.

That said, I do like being able to take showers and poop (indoors...)

Maintaining houses is the suck...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
ask those snowflakes if they need a safe space. or tell them one of them needs to give up their position if they want you to stay.
So interesting change of conversation just occurred. My AVP just came over to check in and ask the status of the interview process. Said he had talked to the VP (+1 on hierarchy) of the Products group. That he told him that it would be a huge loss to the company if I didn't get it and they would put the company at risk of losing me. That having me on the team there will be a huge bonus for my current team and make the relationship between the two teams closer, which has been an ongoing problem. "You're going to get it. I'm sure of it."

I'm confused now. AVP and I have worked together since day 1, so the bro factor is there. At the same time, his numbers will go down losing me.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So interesting change of conversation just occurred. My AVP just came over to check in and ask the status of the interview process. Said he had talked to the VP (+1 no hierarchy) of the Products group. That he told him that it would be a huge loss to the company if I didn't get it and they would put the company at risk of losing me. That having me on the team there will be a huge bonus for my current team and make the relationship between the two teams closer, which has been an ongoing problem. "You're going to get it. I'm sure of it."

I'm confused now. AVP and I have worked together since day 1, so the bro factor is there. At the same time, his numbers will go down losing me.
that sounds dangerously close to common sense. tread lightly.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Nah. Taking the parents plus elder kid to Thai after my meeting instead. Winning.
wise choice i think. supposed to be windy up there ahead of this weather.
I could go for some salt & pepper shrimp (shell on) and some tom kha.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Quit your yapping and pickup a shovel!
Coworker just showed pics of a family home in Montreal. You guys got rocked!

Not much snow in Toronto yesterday, but lots of freezing raining. Supposedly up north from here got over a foot of snow. Will confirm tonight via le phat bike ride.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This is the fucking slowest day ever.
:stupid:

Almost got swept away in a tidal wave of other peoples bullshit. I feel fortunate to have escaped covered only in skydrol. FTS sideways. Beer and taco time.

Also, a big old bag of dicks awaits a certain Missouri based regional airline if there is any justice in the world.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Coworker just showed pics of a family home in Montreal. You guys got rocked!

Not much snow in Toronto yesterday, but lots of freezing raining. Supposedly up north from here got over a foot of snow. Will confirm tonight via le phat bike ride.
North of Mtl we got around 16 inches. Fatbike will be on hold for a while.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Making use of the weather. It's going to be windy with heavy rain tonight . What better test for my ultralight tent that I re-waterproofed two years ago. I would rather find out if it has leaks or shit will tear now than on a trip where it better not leak or blow apart.