Quantcast

GMTFREIDEIMTG

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Speaking of speed metal, I had 250 of these printed with metallic \m/ (>_<) \m/ purple ink on black vinyl and I only have like 243 of them left. So if anyone wants some cheeky stickers in their life send me a TBD number of dollars for shipping and I’ll drop 13 of them in the post to ya.

View attachment 210265

View attachment 210266

@mandown @AngryMetalsmith @stevew ?

For people I see regularly, just expect that I’ll shove a few in your paw next time we hang out.
Me need some of those in the ol Bible Belt

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. We fly out this evening. She's confident and ready to rock and roll. The exposure that we're finding about a lot of the other kids is that this is their side sport, so even more of a confidence builder for her.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I figure when she comes strolling in with her own helmet, her collar and t-shirt - both with the same Forward Direction Motorsports logo on them, likely her FDM hat, and a very well worn pair of Sparco gloves, plus my hat is my FDM, it might get some people to pull out their phones to use google. The home page when you load it (https://www.fdmkarting.com/) is pretty clearly an outdoor kart racing shop with a racing team. She was posted on the K1 Instagram and FB pages. And if the other kids/families are like us, they are probably trying to figure out who they will be racing against. Just searching her name and K1, due to all the media coverage, the results are K1 Teen Cup (4th in CO), KDVR, CBS, Yahoo Sports, K1 Jr League eoy results (1st 2023; 2nd 2022). Plus she's a hoss - 5'5" and straight muscle. She stands tall around karts - she's someone who will walk around with confidence.

I'm going to support her as needed to get her up that podium.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FFS. We have a managed service provider for something here and I just had to show them on Teams how to do something. :banghead:

Maybe now they can close my nearly month old tickets. When do I get paid?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My latest Ketl order arrived today. A quick try on says I don’t like the material on this stuff as much as I did on the previous orders. Since my nerve injury my sensitivity to materials is heightened. The No Fry hoodie isn’t as comfy as the Departed tee and seems to bother me. The Shenanigan pants are not as nice as the Tomfoolery chinos. I got the Vent pants too and they’re not awesome but might be staying while I exchange the Shenanigans for another Tomfoolery pair.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well. For my crippled shenanigans it should be durable enough. If I manage to bust it I’ll get to try the lifetime repair policy, which should be an adventure.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well, this went even bigger.

Edit: He sent me a follow-up and said her coverage was multiples larger than anybody else nationally. Some people picked up 1-2 local cities; she picked up swaths of the US.

Got this from the PR guy:

We also got picked up by FOX, CBS, and ABC affiliates in Charlotte, Salt Lake City, Cincinnati, Youngstown, Columbus, Toledo, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Albuquerque, and El Paso. One station actually called it their “Viral Video.” Mark, I know you commented that the news process was maybe a bit unpredictable. You will note on this clip that they call it the “Go K1 Championship.” ... The downside is that it’s not 100 percent accurate. The upside is you get a lot more awareness. Good luck this weekend!

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Speaking of speed metal, I had 250 of these printed with metallic \m/ (>_<) \m/ purple ink on black vinyl and I only have like 243 of them left. So if anyone wants some cheeky stickers in their life send me a TBD number of dollars for shipping and I’ll drop 13 of them in the post to ya.

View attachment 210265

View attachment 210266

@mandown @AngryMetalsmith @stevew ?

For people I see regularly, just expect that I’ll shove a few in your paw next time we hang out.
so weird. No notifications of this tag in my alerts. I don’t even have you blocked. What gives?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Well, this went even bigger.

Edit: He sent me a follow-up and said her coverage was multiples larger than anybody else nationally. Some people picked up 1-2 local cities; she picked up swaths of the US.

Got this from the PR guy:
sooooo....lemme know when you want me to ask jimmie johnson about racer development support...

/me took kids to school, went to work lunch with wifey (her first time back in the office since neck break). she won the office b-ball pool so scored $80 :rofl:

went to work for a bit myself, schlepped the younger kid around. decided to try the ib program at the public school (mostly b/c he wanted to go there) vs. catholic school for hs next year, despite my slight preference for the latter for a variety of reasons (and this is with me being a devout athiest :D). we'll see how it goes.

time to make some homemade pizza and chill on the porch for a bit!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
OMFG, I can ride bikes! I thought I might be out for the season. 23+ mile road ride, almost no pain. This is a massive boost to my well being right now….
I remember going through that when I separated my shoulder. But then I hoped on the road bike and it was great.

Until I tried to pull up for a curb. :busted:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
so weird. No notifications of this tag in my alerts. I don’t even have you blocked. What gives?
If he did a quick edit and added the tag after the original post, that doesn't produce the notification.
OMFG, I can ride bikes! I thought I might be out for the season. 23+ mile road ride, almost no pain. This is a massive boost to my well being right now….
I just mapped a 200KM with ~16500ft vert (according to Garmin) for the summer, get training :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just getting to bed. We went straight from the airport to the track and ran into the kid who won 2nd in CO (Cody) and his dad. The karts are brand new from Italy and we're having overheating issues earlier today. They are notably smaller and Cody said that he noticed the smaller drivers pulling away, even when he would carry more speed through a corner; on long straights, weight is an issue.

She got in 4 sessions on track 2, which is the Jr. track, and is in the top-12 based on best times posted. Advantage of being taller is that she can drive the adult track too, which a lot of the Jr's can't, so they can't practice it. She got in two sessions and the point where she lost a lot of time is a brutal hairpin that won't be in the conjoined track.

Overall, I'm estimating she's currently on the edge of Group-A. There are a couple of long, high-speed sections where weight is a disadvantage. And there are a bunch of kids who took the day off school to fly out and practice. But it's midnight, so sleep time.