Quantcast

God bless capitalism :)

Evidently they're selling "One Nation Under God" ties now.

https://secure.cartlight.com/merchant/wj_murray_02/index.html?PoATAtC_one=1

In principle, and because of my beliefs, I don't have a problem with the tie itself. But somehow I'm fairly sure the people behind this are saying "We should sell this ONLY because we want to show our support for the Pledge and we care nothing for profit." :D

In other words, to put it bluntly, the 12 disciples didn't wear WWJD bracelets or Christian T-shirts. :rolleyes: :) I understand the reasoning behind why people would like to buy one, and I guess I wouldn't mind having one myself, but the reasoning behind why people are SELLING them is a bit off, I'm sure. I'm getting tired of Christian capitalism. *sigh*

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Somebody wrote in big block chalk letters "CAPTIALISM BLOWS" on the sidewalk in front of the company I work at. hehehe

T

Tenaciousle0

Originally posted by Tenaciousle0
WWJD, for a Klondike Bar?
I'll tell you what he'd do. Nothing, he would just pick up a rock and say 'klondike bar' and he'd have a klondike bar

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

Originally posted by Tenaciousle0
I'll tell you what he'd do. Nothing, he would just pick up a rock and say 'klondike bar' and he'd have a klondike bar
J.C. could in principle do that, but he set precidence for that sort of behavior in the desert. Lucifer tempted him to turn the stone into bread, but he declined.

WWJD for a Klondike Bar? I think he'd send one of the apostles to Circle K with instructions to get enough for everybody. Of course, there would be only one Klondike left, but he would feed the masses with only that one bar. Pretty cool.

Originally posted by Ranger
Servus!

J.C. could in principle do that, but he set precidence for that sort of behavior in the desert. Lucifer tempted him to turn the stone into bread, but he declined.

WWJD for a Klondike Bar? I think he'd send one of the apostles to Circle K with instructions to get enough for everybody. Of course, there would be only one Klondike left, but he would feed the masses with only that one bar. Pretty cool.
I'd have to respectfully disagree. I think he'd grab a refrigerated basket, put 2 Klondike bars and 5 Nutty Buddies in it, and keep multiplying them until all the masses (to include all the little kids whose parents would not give them money for ice cream :() were fed. :D