Quantcast

Goggle Color Choices

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
I would definitely reconsider amber-ish lenses. Done right, they are some of the most versatile--work in sun and don't make you blind when you rocket from full sun to dark tree sections.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
chrome, colored chrome, and bassboat any color. bassboat blue or silver goggles would roxx0rs my soxx0rs. green chrome or gold chrome too.

i don't think translucent frames would offer much of a performance advantage, but for the purist, a clear frame would be pretty neat.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
i like the transluscent colors also.

just throwing ideas out there:

tortoise shell (trans) - i bet that would look smooth!
rootbeer brown (trans)
matte olive/army green
camouflage
clear

my vote is for tortoise shell

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
bassboat blue with white, kind of like the giant but SPARKLEE.

Then like a starburst or rising sun pattern, offset or centered.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Who cares?
Just out of interest, how many of you guys actually ride in mud? (ie. need goggles)

;)

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Who cares?
Just out of interest, how many of you guys actually ride in mud? (ie. need goggles)

;)
Goggles are just as important for eye protection as they are for mud. Personally with contacts I can't ride over 10mph without goggles because my eyes tear right up. Sticks arent too much fun to get in your eyes either.

On topic: i'm a fan of simple colors on simple goggles. Black, white, and 80's colors work for me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Who cares?

;)
whoa, what, whore? have you ever heard of fenders? I know you guys are too cool for school, but fenders allow you to run, gasp, without goggles. I know that without a tld and goggles you're totally lame, but seriously, run a fender or mudcatcher or whatever and NOT goggle/tearoffs/totallylametrend#423.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Many of you already know why i'm asking... i'm just not getting into too much detail about it right now (sorry).... but i'd like to get you guys involved & get your input!

Right now I'd like to see what colors you guys like for goggles?
OTHER than the colors listed below
- Black
- White
- Red
- Blue

ALSO... what about solid colors VS translucent ("see though" or "clear" colors") which do u like better?

Thanks! :D
My votes for solid color goggles... Bright Yellow & Lime Green. Plus, I hate clear lenses... definately a persimmon lens or mirrored.:clapping:

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Translucent frames look like crap on glasses and goggles IMO. Strong bold solid colors for the frames, and then edgy angles and good contrast on the straps. I personally like alot of the graphics that SPY does for there Targa's. Mirror lenses are a plus cause you can stare at boobs without being noticed and it keeps you temporarily blinded in the woods so you can't see enough to be scared.