Quantcast

Going from the Atl to the NC ski areas

Since we have been going up to the mountains of NC for these races so often this year, I was wondering if any of the other Atlanta area contingent has just had this very - I don't really know how to describe it - loathing kind of feeling about going back home?
I know that when I get to Marion on 221 I just feel the humidity and just feel like 'here it comes again'.
Then I get to the section between 74 and Chesnee and I'm just like 'this sucks!'

Anyone else feel this?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Since we have been going up to the mountains of NC for these races so often this year, I was wondering if any of the other Atlanta area contingent has just had this very - I don't really know how to describe it - loathing kind of feeling about going back home?
I know that when I get to Marion on 221 I just feel the humidity and just feel like 'here it comes again'.
Then I get to the section between 74 and Chesnee and I'm just like 'this sucks!'

Anyone else feel this?
Take I40 to 441 through Franklin and you can avoid that blistering swelter and flatland numbness and only cost yourself about 30-40 minutes extra drive time.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I think he means he wants to stay up there! I know the feeling but, it's close enough to visit.
I always got that feeling when I went to Colorado in Mid' July coming from beautiful Mountains of Co. at 75 degrees to smoldering 90's in the ATL! I just remind myself that
I actually live in a better place to ride and live than a majority of the country.
When your life has went like mine your anthem becomes "It could always be worse!"

dabomb7

Chimp
Dec 23, 2008
Boone NC
Heck yes I know the feeling! Now I live in Boone! I was going to school at NC State, but I transferred to App State, now I never have to leave!