Quantcast

Good 80-100mm cheap fork?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
Looking for a good cheap fork. Preferably 80mm, but 100 would work. Air sprung would be nice, but I'm not overlooking coil.

Any suggestions?
Get a RS Pilot. Or a Reba.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
robdamanii said:
Cheap meant like...200 bucks or so. Rebas are around 3 bills.

If you look around you can get an 05 Reba around 2 bills i paid 260 for an 05 team with remote poplock.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Nice fork, unfortunately 130mm would be wayyyyy too much.

pepe said:
Is this a race bike? You should be able to find a good Skareb. There is a Float R for sale on bikemojo for $240 with new seals.
Not a race bike per se, but a short travel to use for smoother trails and if I did enter the occasional race. Thanks for the Float link, I'll keep it in mind assuming I find another frame (bastard sold the one out from under me).

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
I've got a 2003 Psylo Dual Air Race w/ compression and lock out (80/100/125). Only been used maybe one season total. It's gold, Disc and V-Brakes.

Some of the paint is peeling around the tabs, nothing major.

$125.00 + shipping.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
robdamanii said:

Not a race bike per se, but a short travel to use for smoother trails and if I did enter the occasional race. Thanks for the Float link, I'll keep it in mind assuming I find another frame (bastard sold the one out from under me).
I wouldn't wait too long on the fork. They go pretty quick around the Dallas area. Particularly under the $250 price range.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Reba's rock. There is no comparison when it comes to weightXperformanceXprice...cept maybe the Fox FRLTs...but they're $$$. You can find Reba's used for anywhere from 150-350. I bought a Reba Team new with pooploc for 350 shipped.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I've got a Skareb Elite 80mm ('04 I think) sitting in the basement collecting dust. It came new on a bike but was swapped for something else by the buyer so it has a cut steerer and star nut installed but zero miles. Make me an offer and I can even meet you in Ithaca some time to save on shipping. The steerer is 9.13" by the way which is quite long.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
If you are 175 or under, you should buy Mike B's fork. You should also pick up a quart of Stan's when you see him and send it to me for giving my advice. :D

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
robdamanii said:
I ride mine @ 110mm ... it has a turn-down knob. loving the fork so far.

Dirtbag85

Chimp
Jul 1, 2006
Knoxville, TN
Little advice, stay away from the cheaper Rock Shox, we get about 3 of those a week that are blown to hell. Also, wouldn't go the direction of a SID. Stay with a Reba, very nice.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
1TrackMind said:
Im thinking about buying someones Marzocchi Bomber Z2 for $100 ish........it got great reviews....any thoughts?...

No attempt to thred jack...maybe another idea for ya;)
100$ for the old Z2s that dude is trying to pawn off on you is considered rape in these parts. Stay away from them.