Quantcast

Good B-movies

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Tweek got the suck thread going, so I figured...

I just say Bride of Chucky based on a few of y'all's comments. I hadn't seen the other, but this was decent B-entertainment. Some of the dialogue was funny, I wound up rooting for the evil dolls cuz some of the humans were more evil. Are the other Chuckies any good?

The all time best has got to be Army of Darkness. Don't ask, don't hesistate, just go rent it tonight!

An oldie... Re-animator. Good stuff. Haven't seen the second one yet.

What B-movies do you like?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
LordOpie said:
Tweek got the suck thread going, so I figured...

I just say Bride of Chucky based on a few of y'all's comments. I hadn't seen the other, but this was decent B-entertainment. Some of the dialogue was funny, I wound up rooting for the evil dolls cuz some of the humans were more evil. Are the other Chuckies any good?

What B-movies do you like?

Oh hell yeah the other Chucky movies are good...the first one is actually kinda scary...there are some scary scenes in all of them, if you just let your imagination go with the concept of a possessed doll...and they all have really funny lines.

In the second Chucky he goes to a boarding school where he kills the headmaster with a golf club...once he kills the guy he goes...don't F*ck...with the Chuck! Some great lines in that movie. The new one will be out around Halloween about Chucky's baby called Seed of Chucky...can't WAIT to see it!

Check out Basket Case for a really funny, horrific B horror film...it wasn't meant to be funny, but it is...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Man, I watched this movie at like 3.am. on Showtime called "Gladiator Erotica". It didnt have sound and still ruled!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
The second Child's Play SUCKED compared to the others.
Evil Dead 2 is my personal favorite.

Go see Bubba Hotep - very strange Bruce Cambell movie. Kinda gotta see it twice to get over how stange.

PHANTASM is awesome. Especially the ending when the midgets from space come out.

Killer Clowns from Outer Space is also creepy, it's got the clown thing going.

SWAMP THING!

TOXIC AVENGER!

MOTEL HELL. "First they greet you than they eat you!"

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
s1ngletrack said:
Death Race 2000 with Stallone, Spinal Tap (is this B?)
is that the first one? They made two, right?

dh girlie said:
...Chucky's baby called Seed of Chucky...can't WAIT to see it!
when the kid popped out, I was thinking it was an homage to Alien.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Oh another classic no longer out there.

Blood Diner. This movie brings tears to my eyes. I love it.

Another honoarble mention from the LOTR director is Dead Alive
If you like Evil Dead you'll love it. It's in the top 10 for goriest films.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I just realized I'm a complete nerd.

I hate myself after reading these last few posts. I have no life.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
DVNT said:
The second Child's Play SUCKED compared to the others.
Evil Dead 2 is my personal favorite.

Go see Bubba Hotep - very strange Bruce Cambell movie. Kinda gotta see it twice to get over how stange.

PHANTASM is awesome. Especially the ending when the midgets from space come out.

Killer Clowns from Outer Space is also creepy, it's got the clown thing going.

SWAMP THING!

TOXIC AVENGER!

MOTEL HELL. "First they greet you than they eat you!"

Great choices, DVNT. WE have similar tastes in B-classics........especially "Motel Hell." There aren't many people that I've talked to that actually are familiar with that one. And NO B-list would be complete without a "Troma" team movie----Swamp Thing rocked!

There have been some plugs for Bruce C.----nobody mentioned Evil Dead yet, so I'll say it. How about "Night of the Scarecrow" or "Pumpkinhead?" Those were good ones. Should also mention Peter Jackson's first classic, "Dead Alive" as well. Bloody as all hell.....but entertaining.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Greyhound said:
Great choices, DVNT. WE have similar tastes in B-classics........especially "Motel Hell." There aren't many people that I've talked to that actually are familiar with that one. And NO B-list would be complete without a "Troma" team movie----Swamp Thing rocked!

There have been some plugs for Bruce C.----nobody mentioned Evil Dead yet, so I'll say it. How about "Night of the Scarecrow" or "Pumpkinhead?" Those were good ones. Should also mention Peter Jackson's first classic, "Dead Alive" as well. Bloody as all hell.....but entertaining.
Yep, I sneaked 'em in there somewhere. I got into a frenzy and my fingers wouldn't do anything but type out all the silly movies i've ever seen. It was too much for my brain to handle.

Pumpkinhead is really good! I like that old guy, what's his nuts... he's been in all the Aliens 2+ movies.....

Have you seen Meet the Feebles? Peter Jackson's tribute to the muppet show?
If somebody out there hasn't...imagine the muppet show where Kermit had syphelliss, Miss Piggy was a who and gonzo had a crack habbit.

Damn, I'm starting to do it again....

HedgeHog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Atlanta GA
dexterq20 said:
Donnie Darko is the only cult classic that matters.

Man that rabbit was really freaky.

They Live is a good one. Aliens, a pro wrestler and a huge mullet. Who knew the ingredients of a good movie were so simple?

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
HedgeHog said:
Man that rabbit was really freaky.

They Live is a good one. Aliens, a pro wrestler and a huge mullet. Who knew the ingredients of a good movie were so simple?
Yes, They Live is total awesomeness!

Other B movie likes: Pretty much any John Waters movie, and anything zombie related.

HedgeHog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Atlanta GA
Craw said:
Yes, They Live is total awesomeness!

Other B movie likes: Pretty much any John Waters movie, and anything zombie related.

I hear you on the zombie thing. I am going to see Resident Evil this weekend.

Another fav: Return of the Living Dead

:thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Best B movie EVER is Straight To Hell By Alex Cox.

Alex Cox is the guy who did Sid and Nancy. This film stars Sy Richardson, Dick Rude, Joe Strummer, Courtney Love (Who originally auditioned for the roll of Nancy, but was turned down), Grace Jones, Dennis Hopper, and The Pogues (Yes, all of them). It's a story of Blood, Guns, Money, COFFEE, and too much Sexual Tension. There is an awsome Courtney Love death scene! (I hate that bit*h)

I am willing to bet dollars to donuts (mmmmm do-nuts!) that none of you have ever seen it. In fact I'll buy a beer for anyone who has. (But you have to come get it. I ain't delivering a Guinness all the way out to where Stosh is).

Go get it if you can find it. I bet money that you don't make it all the way through.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
One of my favorite B-type of movies was one I once saw on Showtime or Cinemax. It was called either Tuesday or Thursday (NO NOT FRIDAY!). I haven't heard or seen anything about that movie, hell, it might've just been a made-for-premium channel movie, but it still ruled. Anyone else seen it?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins
Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Cherry 2000
Anything by George Romero

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
LordOpieAn oldie... [b said:
Re-animator[/b].What B-movies do you like?
What about From Beyond? Damn, I like all of those old Lovecraft adaptations - Dunwich Horror is another great one.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
is thirteen considered a b-movie? that movie is great. 1 of 2 dvds i own. not only is Evan Rachel Wood extremely cute, but my pal's aunt was the director and co-writer, too.

my girlfriend even liked it, which is weird.