Quantcast

Good bike shops in the Phoenix area

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
Taking a trip to Phoenix for a week in February...trying to decide it it's better to bring my bike with me or rent...If anyone can direct me to some righteous shops that rent that would be helpful...I ride a Gary Fisher sugar 1 and my friend rides a Yeti ASR...seems like all the rentals I've come across are pretty low end bikes, not sure I can hack that. Any suggestions?

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
I am not sure of any shops but I know that the Morewood guys will be doing a Demo in the phoenix area in feb and you can at least hook up with them a ride some of their demos.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
I don't know that Phoenix has any rental places. I am positive that Sedona and Flagstaff both have rental places (with nice rides).

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
it's 50 bucks to take it on the plane each way....just wanted to check around and see what the rates are at the different shops...if i can avoid the hassle of dismantling and packing up my bike while I'm on vacation...i will...if the price is right:)

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
There Is A Place In Scottsdale That Rents Bikes, They Have Everything From Basic Mountain To Freeride And Road Bikes, Not Sure Of The Name But If You Call The Landis In North Tempe We Can Get You The Number.480-839-9383. Most Of Them Seem To Be Reasonable As Far As Bike Rental Prices Go.

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
Sweet South Mountain is one of the rides I'm going to do, so that shop would be very convienient....little to early to call yet though....so any ideas on some rides I should do? This is my 2nd time riding in phoenix, I rode south mountain and hawes the last time I was there...Is there any free riding in the area? or is it mostly xc riding....

cirKus

Monkey
S. mountain is some good terrain, some pretty sick dh lines for a big bike, but it is a tough climb on any trail out there. Pima and Dynamite (if it still exists) is good stuff. Mcdowell, White tanks, and Estrella mountain parks all have good riding, trail 100 off the 51 is good, there is a lot. Sedona, if you can make it north has some sick freeride runs, Bike & Bean could show you some good stuff. AZ bikes in Flagstaff is the shizz as well.

Gosh I wish I could go, I'm stuck in the snow in connecticuit.

Ok I'm done ramblin

A.P.B

Chimp
Jan 6, 2006
Check out cactus bikes they have a web page and good rental bikes, what kind of bike you looking for?
Their are a couple of dirt jumping parks in the area if that is what you want or you have national trail and of a couple of down hill runs Holbet and Geronimo also on South mountain. I really don't know of any free ride areas. But south mountain you can ride some great jumps and ledges.

let me know before you get in town and let you know more about the area.

apb

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
I checked out Cactus bikes and they were pretty cool, just weighing all the factors...might just ship my bike to them and have them ship it back....

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
If you are into downhill or freeride you should check out Kore Bikes. They are on Scottsdale Road and Curry, just north of Tempe. They can give you all the info you'll need. They also run a shuttle at South Mountain on Sunday mornings. Everybody just kinda chips in 5-10 bucks for gas. The guys at Kore will be able to tell you if the shuttle is running or not.
There is a small freeride area at Papago Park as well. There are 15-20 small to medium sized drops and some dirt jumps.
Another good shop is Rage Cycles. They are about 2 miles north of Kore on Scottsdale Road, just south of Thomas. Super cool guys and a really nice little local shop.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Rage is OK. Landis sucks ass! Perfomance/Supergo is worthless.

Slippery Pig Bikes is a great shop. Cactus rocks too, and have the only rentals I know of in Phoenix.