Quantcast

Good covers?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
binary visions said:
Pearl Jam has a million good covers, just didn't want to overwhelm him ;)
Yep.
Under my stupid navy shirt and tie that I have on today,
I have on a Pearl Jam t-shirt that I got in '91.
It has the Never Give Up on the front and the "Ten"
tour dates on the back.
It is now see through. It is so thin, you can now read a newspaper through it. :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
DamienC said:
Among those was a pretty good cover of Redemption Song.
Well, it was a cover of Redemption Song, anyway. Some songs you just don't cover.

As an example of a horrible cover: Smashing Pumpkins covering Landslide... billy corgan should be shot

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jeremy R said:
Yep.
Under my stupid navy shirt and tie that I have on today,
I have on a Pearl Jam t-shirt that I got in '91.
It has the Never Give Up on the front and the "Ten"
tour dates on the back.
It is now see through. It is so thin, you can now read a newspaper through it. :thumb:
Awesome.

I've been a Pearl Jam fan since the debut of Ten and just got to see my first Pearl Jam concert last year, my girlfriend bought me tickets for my birthday. It was a fantastic concert, and was noted as one of Pearl Jam's best concerts ever. Their "encore" was another 30 minutes of acoustic jam.

mikesbikes

Chimp
Nov 10, 2005
I have only heard one group do Pink Floyd covers well, and they are also the only group that have done Rush covers well. Dream Theater

John Petrucci, is an amazing guitar player
John Myung playing a Chapman Stick, now that is killer

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Somebody mentioned Me First & the Gimmie Gimmies already.I listen to them all the time.I was listening to them on my IPOD while riding once and their cover of Oh Mandy was playin and of course i was signing along.Bad part is as you pass people on the trail they have no idea you are listening to a punk cover of it:dancing: