Quantcast

Good cycling machine's

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Well now that the fall is approaching and winter to follow here in the PNW my bike gets prepped for dry dock as my board gets waxed. I'm thinking about getting one of those cycle machine's you put your rear wheel on to keep my legs in good shape for next season however I'm not sure what a decent brand or model is and what the difference is between all of them. It's going to look pretty funny with my big DH bike setup on one of them with a 1.95 Mtb road tire on it but wtf...it's going to keep my cardio up and it's cheaper than a gym member ship or an eliptical machine.

Suggestions are welcomed and needed, thanks!

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
First off you are speaking of a Trainer, I purchased a a Minoura Mag 850, works fine for what I need, the adjustable resistance at the handlebar is sometimes nice but stinks if you want to take the trainer to races or what not, the thing kind of gets in the way. The Fluid trainers are nicer than Mag versions from what I hear due to the fluid motion and the noise, although if you just turn on the tunes or watch some tv/movie its not bad. The only trouble you might find is with a thru-axle rear wheel setup. My DH rig wont work with the trainer because there is nothing for the trainer to grab hold of, if you have QR you are fine though, be sure to get slicks though, and get something cheap as you will wear out a tire pretty quick on trainers if you ride often.

Oh and come on! just cuz the weather gets kinda crappy doesnt mean the bike has to sit inside all winter! get out there and ride!

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
LordOpie said:
Or they can spot someone trying to scam them.
Call it what you want Hord Dopie, the truth of the matter still stands and anyone who I've showed the defect too has thought the same things I thought. Delaminating is a warranty issue, plain and simple, but you go ahead and keep on defending Salomon as we all know you worship them chump. ;)

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Guys I don't ride in the winter because I'm snowboarding on my days off, not because I can't. Here' in Washington, at least where I'm at it just rains so if I really wanted too I could go out and battle the mud. I'm looking for a "TRAINER" because I want to make my newly acquired garage into a workout area. I'm getting a Golds gym XR38 bench and 300lbs worth of weights so I'm looking for a good way to get cardio in as well and this seems like the best and cheapest way to do so. Membership is getting cancelled so I can do all this, just looking for good trainer info, not studs ...lol