Quantcast

Good deal on a DH Helmet

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Talking about cheap helmets... pricepoint is running a deal right now on their Bell Faction dirt lid for only $10.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/24923-215_BELFC2-2-Accessories-905-Helmets/Bell-Faction-Mountain-Bike-Helmet.htm
I actually just got one of those for my newish dirt jumper. It's not a bad helmet, pretty comfortable, but it's pretty big. Fits bigger than my remedy which is also medium and sized similarly. I just put some fatter pads in and it's fine.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I actually just got one of those for my newish dirt jumper. It's not a bad helmet, pretty comfortable, but it's pretty big. Fits bigger than my remedy which is also medium and sized similarly. I just put some fatter pads in and it's fine.
I ordered some stuff from pricepoint so I also got one of these lids. But I ordered a large but that's cause I've got a fairly fat head.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I orderd the Faction for my girls a while back at that price. There is the expensive version with pink Paul Frank logos all over it that says it's a "youth", but if you look the smallest adult size is the same as the youth. Got 'em both for $20 and free shipping in solid white.

Giving a kid a blank white canvas is a truly the way to go.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Nice find, love these posts. Passin the savings on! I have never heard of this bicycle mob site, thanks for that! I am aware of hucknroll, whiskeymilitia, steep and cheap, all the deal sites that are related to backcountry.com Are there any others I am not aware of?

Few years ago I was "window shopping" on Jenson's website. Came across the Bell Drop in their helmet section listed for $30, normally retailed for $130. Someone in the web department apparently made a mistake, but I was on to them and posted a similar thread like this on mtbr. So many mtbretards got in on the deal that they ran out of stock. They honored the price with free shipping, and even did the same for the people who had to wait for them to get more in stock. Some poor soul in the web department probably got fired, but good on them for honoring the price.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think is tied to jenson. It's their "steepandcheap". They do one of these a day and its usually junk, but sometimes it's pretty good deals.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
I think is tied to jenson. It's their "steepandcheap". They do one of these a day and its usually junk, but sometimes it's pretty good deals.
My experience with the limited deal sites is that 90% of the time its garbage for the stuff I need, but every once and while I see something I would like but most likely don't need so I end up not buying it. I have maybe bought 2/3 times from these sites. I did see a Driver 8 on chain love for UBER cheap, probably the best deal I've seen on the interwebz

monroe123

Chimp
Mar 15, 2011
I grabbed one of those driver 8s last year around christmas, they actually had an even better deal if you got it from their real bike site hucknroll, something like $800 shipped. I definitely recommend the backcountry.com family for frames if deals come back around. My driver 8 included all the accessories (grease gun, manuals, extra small parts, warranty stuff), and a checklist showing all the steps they took before shipping (reaming, facing, measuring, lubing everything).