Quantcast

Good dh resorts in colorado?

RaceFace2040

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
austin tejas
Hi, me and a couple of buddys are going to be in colorado for a week or 2 during the summer, and we are wondering what some good resorts to go downhilling and dirt jumping at. I heard vail and keystone are good but i have no idea what the trails are like. We will all be on hardtails so were also looking for skateparks/dual/mtnx courses/ and dirt jumps. Any info will be very aprecitated.
thanx
Evan

Keystone is good- long DH run, with some techy tipe woods sections (nothing to technical though) and some fast, open, rocky sections). Also they are planing on building a new trail this year with jumps and bridges and such.

Vail is fun- the '94 DH course is a fun through the trees and fairly fast trail.
Magic forest is pretty good- not to technical but has some fun jumps on it.

As for skateparks:
X-games in denver is good, but it is expensive (there is some video of it here somewhere in the pic of the day thread)

Boulder park is small, but fun, and close to CU campus and dorms where there is good street riding. But it only alows bikes untill 11 AM

And DJ
you pretty much got lake arbor as your best choice.

Mar 27, 2004
baltimore and boulder
About 2 hours I would guess, it takes me about that to get to keystone from boulder(Southwest), and 20 minutes to arbor(southeast). Im not sure what the fastest dirct route between the two would be.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
I live at Lake Arbor and it once took me 60 minutes flat from my house to Keystone. That was borderline legal though. Normally hit should take about an hour-thirty from here to there. Make the extra half hour trip on past keystone to Vail for even more thrills. And don't miss Lake Arbor while you're here.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by DHblur
I live at Lake Arbor and it once took me 60 minutes flat from my house to Keystone. That was borderline legal though. Normally hit should take about an hour-thirty from here to there. Make the extra half hour trip on past keystone to Vail for even more thrills. And don't miss Lake Arbor while you're here.
Borderline? I made it to keystone from Golden in an hour and THAT was borderline legal! :p

Feb 3, 2002
mile high
Originally posted by Motionboy2
Borderline? I made it to keystone from Golden in an hour and THAT was borderline legal! :p
yeah really. In reality, you will never predict the drive (traffic) from keysone to arbor. I'd guess average time driving normal, about, ummm, one point five hours.

woody415

Chimp
Feb 20, 2004
inda sevenonenine
Originally posted by where_am_i?
They should have a race: First stage is driving from Golden to Keystone, then you hop on your bike and do the DH run.:p :p

All i need is a Farrari... with bike racks :devil: :p :p :p

You should probably learn to spell Ferrari right first, before going and applying for the loan:D