Quantcast

~~Good F'in Tuesday (or it F'in snowed last night)~~

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys.

Woke up and thought someone had painted my deck, but no, it was a f'in inch of f'in snow. It's f'in cold here and I'm f'in tired of the crappy weather.

Today I've got a pair of F'in exams (with a capital F) and that's about it.

Stay f'in warm and enjoy.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Morning monkeys.

Woke up and thought someone had painted my deck, but no, it was a f'in inch of f'in snow. It's f'in cold here and I'm f'in tired of the crappy weather.

Today I've got a pair of F'in exams (with a capital F) and that's about it.

Stay f'in warm and enjoy.
you are pretty young to be a grumpy old man :disgust:

another boring day of work, then a group road ride that starts 1 1/2 miles from me casa

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
played hockey for the 1st time in ~3-4 weeks last night, and the new stick i got took a while to get used to. got 3 goals though (1st wasn't allowed, as the ref didn't see it/was too far away and the goalie drew it back out of the net - it was a jam attempt on a rebound)...two of the goals i got in about 10 seconds, and the 1st was my best shot i think i've ever taken.

the goalie is pretty damn good, and i've never been able to get one by him in warmups when shooting near the blue line. well last night i did; picked up a loose puck about 5' from the blue line, skated around one of my players and let a laser rip. just inside the post, glove side....ensuing faceoff, the center gets the puck, skates in an around most of the other team, puts a shot on net, i'm there to bang in the rebound.

we still lost, 9-8 though. should have been at least a tie.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning, been up since f'in 4:30 this f'in morning.:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: That is way too f'in early for me, got back from taking my sister to the f'in bus terminal and I was f'ing wide awake. Did manage to get f'in 6 hours of sleep though. Will probably f'in go out for a ride later.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Good night last night. Wife went for a run so I started up a rousing game of kickball with the nieghborhood kids. It was fun. :) Got to pedal the Covert around a bit as well. The whole thing felt great. I need to tweek the cockpit a bit, but it pedals like a champ. I imagine it'll pedal even better once I get the suspension dialed in. :thumb: Really looking forward to getting it out in the woods to see what it's really capable of! Other than that, had some burgers for dinner and watched 24. Concrete work resumes at mi casa today as they're pouring the footings this morning.

Enjoy your Tuesday people! :)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Got word that my frame should be shipped by Th/Fr...something about treating the swingarm with electromagnetic something or another so that I can clearly pass through any cryptonite rock gardens....Mickey/Suspect Device: clarification? (or was I just 1/2 alseep when I got the call and imagined all this?). Thus begins the timing of getting all parts (just need my E13 stem and guide after the frame), finiishing my wheel build, taking day off to build and actually learning to ride the beast prior to us leaving on 5/4 for our 1st race...and, oh yeah, I need to get in shape before then...bikewise, I'm feelin' a little pressure right now but it'll all be good in the end!

Oh, today; work, work, then baby class stuff.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Good F'n mornin monos... Histology all morning, then spending what the weathermen say is going to be the nicest day this week INSIDE studying for a neurophysiology (read: confusing as shiite) test. Wife and kid are gone for 2 weeks so we're having horror movie week at my house.
Anyone else a fan of the cheesy 80's slasher flicks?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Finally home from our Easter travels (actually, we got home mid-afternoon yesterday) and to my infamous list of things to do. It's not nearly as long as I thought it would be, but I definitely have quite a bit of crap to get done so I can have some free time later in the week. We've still got measurable snow on the ground so I will hit the rollers this afternoon while Syd's on a playdate.

We had a nice time in RochEaster visiting the family and meeting up for a frigid ride with the jackalopes. It was my first MTB ride post-surgery and it felt good. At times, the knee was tired and stiff and hurt a little, but generally a few hours after the ride or the next day would ache and I didn't have that this time. YEAH!!! I am eager to get back out on the trails this week. We also picked up Syd's new wheels and helmet. We put her in it on Sunday and took her around the house briefly (there were several inches of snow and it was cold so we didn't want to push it with her) and she loved it! Now I can't wait to get some nice weather so we can get out together.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
still cool here but warming up.
work has been a little crazy. got one animation done "working" on the second one. we had two big trials start here yesterday so the news dept. has been up my ass requesting all kinds of stuff. I need a new bidness.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
played hockey for the 1st time in ~3-4 weeks last night, and the new stick i got took a while to get used to. got 3 goals though (1st wasn't allowed, as the ref didn't see it/was too far away and the goalie drew it back out of the net - it was a jam attempt on a rebound)...two of the goals i got in about 10 seconds, and the 1st was my best shot i think i've ever taken.

the goalie is pretty damn good, and i've never been able to get one by him in warmups when shooting near the blue line. well last night i did; picked up a loose puck about 5' from the blue line, skated around one of my players and let a laser rip. just inside the post, glove side....ensuing faceoff, the center gets the puck, skates in an around most of the other team, puts a shot on net, i'm there to bang in the rebound.

we still lost, 9-8 though. should have been at least a tie.
Sounds like the new Mission stick worked really well! :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
good F'n morning monkeys,

hope you all had a good Easter!

Emma is now officially off her normal schedule, which makes for long days!

Last nigh hit the Trail advocacy group meeting, and then to the bar for some F'n beer :thumb:

came to the realization that there are just toooo many "Chiefs and not enough indians" in our group :disgust1:

other than that busy at school, it is the time of year that all the spring activities start piling up work they want me to do, and everyone else wants something done before the summer break. I guess that is why they call it "work" and not "play" :disgust1:

have a good day monkeys!

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Good F'n morning, spent last night putting the F'n bedroom back together after it had been painted, the walk in was the worst of it. Not much happening at work. Starting to look forward to vacation in 10 days. It's kid related and in a warm climate.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Out to buy a new set of tires for the squishy bike later today. Noticed a large lump on the rear tire when preparing to ride on Saturday, it turned out to be Stan's-onoma. Initially thought I would have to bail on the ride but ended up lancing the tire from the outside to remove the build up of Stan's and air from the lump, then tubed it and to my surprise it actually held up well on a fairly rough ride. Today I'll have a new pair to start killing slowly with chemical sealant. The other ones were well over a year old so I can't complain with the amount of miles on them.

Have a good day.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Trail work tonight to cap off a busy day at work. Just the type of therapy I need...swing a shovel and throw rocks instead of going ballistic on somebody here.

NJ Jess

Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
mtbnj.com
Rode Allaire yesterday and it was fast and dry. Helped a guy with a broken pedal get out of the woods. Going to lead a beginner ride today.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will be holding beginner group rides on tuesday afternoons. If you are new to biking, new to the area, or just want to have some fun, come and join us. The pace is easy and the people are fun. For more info check the link below or contact me at allaire@jorba.org.

http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/viewtopi...b 483831b6f79

Eggzoi

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Australia
Well my Tuesday involved driving 8 min to my new local trails and riding in 32 C weather for a few hours. Was pretty good actually.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good Morning Monkies!

Nothing too exciting going on here, but I just wanted to stop in and say hello since it has been awhile.

Have a good Tuesday everyone! :)
Hey there stranger!!! I saw your post about an east coast vacation...you know you're welcome to borrow XC bikes when you're out our way too (we have plenty) :pirate2:

roaddog

Chimp
Nov 15, 2006
Cloud City, USA
It must be Tuesday today cause that makes it my Saturday as far as my job. About 4" inches too much snow fell early this morning to ride. Mud. Did have fun over the real weekend at Darner's place, on the mountain cross course. On 3 'n half hours sleep. Maybe I will still rest today.