Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
SkaredShtles said:
WTF is with people riding without spare tubes? :confused:
Im 140 pounds. I have a Michelin Comp32 2.8" DH tire in the rear. I was running a Panaracer DH tube in the rear as well with 25 psi. Ive never pinch flatted on the trail in my life. That my friend is why I dont carry a spare tube.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Polandspring88 said:
Im 140 pounds. I have a Michelin Comp32 2.8" DH tire in the rear. I was running a Panaracer DH tube in the rear as well with 25 psi. Ive never pinch flatted on the trail in my life. That my friend is why I dont carry a spare tube.
Sounds like not having a spare tube was a brilliant plan! :think: :p

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
splat said:
exactly ! I feel like they are grasping now, I mean one ofthe blood test they ordered is for my Cholestorol !
Splat, sorry to hear your feeling like crap. :(
A CHOL test will find out if you're developing coronary artery occlusion, atherosclerosis, and vascular disease. Any of which could reduce bloodflow to the noggin' and cause a stroke. There's a method to their madness. I'll keep a good thought for ya.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all! I rode into work today, it's going to be an awesome weekend. The Cascade Cycling Classic crit is downtown tonight and guess who is watching instead of riding it this year??? Oh, and it's Taco Stand for lunch...could it get any better?

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
stosh said:
I bought my girlfriend an engagement ring last night
Congrats Stosh! :D

Took my co-worker on her first MTB ride last night. She did really well and managed to climb a few sections I was not sure she was going to make. She is sore today though. :D

Plans for the weekend include an attempt to watch the grunions run late tonight, a DH ride tommorow, and snorkeling on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good Friday! :)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Splat - that's puzzeling. I'd try a massage if I were you. Hope you get a handle on the problem and get to solving it. I know how frustrating it can be trying figure out what is wrong. My knee took like 7 months to figure out.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
WTF is with people riding without spare tubes? :confused:
i dumped my camelbak contents for my notrhstar trip, and then it was filled w/ crap like my pedals, chain, top crown, etc for my DH bike. i forgot to restock it.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
i dumped my camelbak contents for my notrhstar trip, and then it was filled w/ crap like my pedals, chain, top crown, etc for my DH bike. i forgot to restock it.
You ride w/ extra pedals?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Well, at least you weren't thinking that you didn't *need* one. :p
Hey now, be easy. Just because I am too gnarcore for todays equpiment doesnt meant you gotta be hatin on a brotha.

Suffice to say I ride with a spare tube now.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ROCKLAND said:
You ride w/ extra pedals?
heh, no. i took my flat pedals off my DH bike, and crammed that and a whole bunch of other stuff into my camelbak, which i also put in the box. this was just for shipping it back home on the plane.

i used to routinely carry a spare shock and rear der though, in addition to standard stuff like hex keys, chain breaker, tire levers, food, etc. now i'm undersupplied.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I drove a VW Cabriolet this morning. A surprise gift from my brother to his wife.
2001 with 23,000 miles on the clock.

I want one.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Polandspring88 said:
Hey now, be easy. Just because I am too gnarcore for todays equpiment doesnt meant you gotta be hatin on a brotha.

Suffice to say I ride with a spare tube now.
I learned early - my 2nd ride on my new bike (with newfangled tubeless tires) I pinch flatted my tubeless tire. Luckily, I had a tube with me just because I was too lazy to clean out my Camelback.

I don't ride tubeless anymore. :p

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
heh, no. i took my flat pedals off my DH bike, and crammed that and a whole bunch of other stuff into my camelbak, which i also put in the box. this was just for shipping it back home on the plane.

i used to routinely carry a spare shock and rear der though, in addition to standard stuff like hex keys, chain breaker, tire levers, food, etc. now i'm undersupplied.
Ah, I understand. Upon closer reading it hit me: I can understand an extra chain, but who the hell needs an extra crown. N* must be some rugged. Wait a min.. :p

Sunday Attitash. You know you wanna.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i brought the extra crown because i just got a romic crown from someone else, but after my crash in france i think i bent the stanchions a wee bit, and it was a pain in teh ass to install and remove (to pack the bike i had to remove the fork). so, i figured i'd have plan B in case of troubles.

my buds are gonna hit jiminy sunday. not sure i can swing it or not (either place). but, we are gonna go to NH for vacation next wed, and the wife and i are planning on hitting attitash at one day to be determined.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
SkaredShtles said:
I learned early - my 2nd ride on my new bike (with newfangled tubeless tires) I pinch flatted my tubeless tire. Luckily, I had a tube with me just because I was too lazy to clean out my Camelback.

I don't ride tubeless anymore. :p
Uh...how do you pinch flat a tubeless tire? You kinda need a tube to pinch...