Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Polandspring88 said:

Finally built. Weighs in somewhere around 33-35 pounds I think. Should drop a few pounds once I switch out the tires for something better suited to what I am using it for. I am happy its finally complete, taken me over a month to do it all. Feels really really weird going back onto clipless after 2 or 3 years of riding flats exlusively. I will get used to it, perhaps I will make tonight its maiden voyage.

Looks good! But needs some yellow flair on it!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
robdamanii said:
Morning monkeys.

Still trying to doctor up the nasty gash/scrape/whatever on my knee from our Stewart ride. Spent last night dog tired but getting ready to go to SPAC, Hall of Springs, and a night in the Desmond. And tomorrow we're heading for the Deck Party to hang with some more monkeys.
Have fun in 'toga...Hall of Springs is really quite nice and their food is quite good! See you tomorrow :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning monkeys

Finally Friday! Can't wait to get out of work early and head to Saratoga with Rob. It's free nights like this that I love working where I do.

We'll be at the deck party on Sat. Can't wait :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
Morning all! going to the deck party after work today. Need to do the dry dance before I go, there's a chance of thunderstorms all weekend in saratoga. Really looking forward to some of Treesaw's good eats, and just having a good time. I'm sure there'll be some new monkeys to meet as well. Hooples you better be there dude.

BTW, Poland awesome job on the bike, looks great. Nice color too.
No need to worry...we have darts & a bar in the basement and it's dry in there ;) Plus, the T-storms are fun to watch and only hurt if you get hit by them :p What time do you think you'll be arriving?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Have fun at your deck party. :) I think we're hosting one labor day weekend. I bottled another batch of beer last night. It should be ready just in time. I think I might actually print some labels for this batch. :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
What time are you all riding? We're going out at 5:30pm.
Meeting Johnnyru, Rob and whoever else shows up at 6pm. Are you guys going out after? I'm free tonight and would love to join ya' for a few pints!!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
TreeSaw said:
No need to worry...we have darts & a bar in the basement and it's dry in there ;) Plus, the T-storms are fun to watch and only hurt if you get hit by them :p What time do you think you'll be arriving?
Not sure if I'll be in time for your ride tonight at 5:30. What time will you be getting back from that? I don't want to show up to your house if nobody is there. I'm guessing I'll be there around 7 or 8, but I may be able to get there earlier if I can sneak out of work early enough.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Heidi said:
... leave for vacation tomorrow ...
Hey! Me too.

All next week off work, taking my son up to College; Humboldt County, CA 650 miles away from home. (Out to college? Away to college? Off to college? What’s the way to say this???)
Anyway, taking my bike along (along with a $hit load of his stuff) and planning to do a ride or two up there, Overhauled his old Fisher HT, and got it as ready as it could be, we didn’t want him taking his POS van, besides an 18 yr-old on his own, we thought also having a car wouldn’t be a good idea…
So, looking forward to that..
This morning saw a few friends as I was cruzing into work, ‘course they were doing a morning work-out ride and cranking it, felt I had to tag along, so a bit sweaty at work this morning… Otherwise, expect another 85-degree hazy sunshine day today!
Can't wait for that cool NorCal weather to ride in;

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Are you riding at 5:30 with treesaw or going on a different ride at 6? Where would I meet you guys? I'll do my best to make the ride tonight. msn maps says it'll take me just under 3 hrs to get there. So I need to be on the road by 2:30 or 3. Hmmm, might need to find my ninja suit and sneak out.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Crazy Sweeper said:
Are you riding at 5:30 with treesaw or going on a different ride at 6? Where would I meet you guys? I'll do my best to make the ride tonight. msn maps says it'll take me just under 3 hrs to get there. So I need to be on the road by 2:30 or 3. Hmmm, might need to find my ninja suit and sneak out.
Probably a different ride at 6pm-6:15ish, I'm stuck at work until then. We (Treesaw's Fri. night group and mine) usually cross paths in the woods though. PM me if you think you might make it by then and I can give you directions to the trailhead.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
McGRP01 said:
Probably a different ride at 6pm-6:15ish, I'm stuck at work until then. We (Treesaw's Fri. night group and mine) usually cross paths in the woods though. PM me if you think you might make it by then and I can give you directions to the trailhead.
will do

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
ET_SoCal said:
All next week off work, taking my son up to College; Humboldt County, CA 650 miles away from home. (Out to college? Away to college? Off to college? What’s the way to say this???)
Have a great trip! Isn't Humboldt like an 18 hour drive or something from So Cal? If you have any friends in Santa Cruz, I highly suggest Demo forest, it's incredible, unlike anything we have down here (The OC). I'm assuming you've never ridden there...whatever.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
BikeGeek said:
Have fun at your deck party. :) I think we're hosting one labor day weekend. I bottled another batch of beer last night. It should be ready just in time. I think I might actually print some labels for this batch. :D

That looks awesome!!!! We'd love to display a bottle in our basement if you wouldn't mind saving one ;) You're going to have to come up here for a Deck Party one of these years. We'll make it another monkeyfest :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
Not sure if I'll be in time for your ride tonight at 5:30. What time will you be getting back from that? I don't want to show up to your house if nobody is there. I'm guessing I'll be there around 7 or 8, but I may be able to get there earlier if I can sneak out of work early enough.
Nice! I think my sisters are going to be around or, you could meet us Downtown after the ride for dinner & beers :devil:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Hey everybody :)

The weather here sucked yesterday so I sat around reading most of the day. Actually quite surprising since I read more yesterday than I have all summer. :p Hopefully today I'll go dirtjumping or something. I think I'll probably stop by my favorite shop and see what kind of pricing I can get on things for my new M3. :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Nice! I think my sisters are going to be around or, you could meet us Downtown after the ride for dinner & beers :devil:
So you are headed downtown tonight? The usual watering hole? I'm sans wife and child tonight so I might join you post ride if that's kosher?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
TreeSaw said:

hmm, might forgoe theride to chill with the twins.. :devil:

what am i thinking!! I'll do whatever I can to make the ride, if not I'll definitely be up there for beer and eats.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
I could always ride back out and meet up with you guys too :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
So you are headed downtown tonight? The usual watering hole? I'm sans wife and child tonight so I might join you post ride if that's kosher?
Absolutely...we generally head out for dinner and refreshments at the Party Glass. Do you have my cell #?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
hmm, might forgoe theride to chill with the twins.. :devil:

what am i thinking!! I'll do whatever I can to make the ride, if not I'll definitely be up there for beer and eats.
Do you need directions to the trailhead? I can e-mail or PM them to you now?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
TreeSaw said:
Do you need directions to the trailhead? I can e-mail or PM them to you now?
yeah, sounds good. either one is fine. you have my home email so I won't get that until I get home. so whichever way you want to send them. My boss is trying to hook me up, so I'm hoping I'll be up there by 6 at the latest.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
yeah, sounds good. either one is fine. you have my home email so I won't get that until I get home. so whichever way you want to send them. My boss is trying to hook me up, so I'm hoping I'll be up there by 6 at the latest.
I'll do both! Sweet!!!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
woohoo!! I'm out peeps. omw home do a load of laundry and I'll be on my way up. see you in a few. Looks like I may make it by 5. Later peeps!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Crazy Sweeper said:
woohoo!! I'm out peeps. omw home do a load of laundry and I'll be on my way up. see you in a few. Looks like I may make it by 5. Later peeps!!
SWEET!!! See you on the trail!! :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Crazy Sweeper said:
Morning all! going to the deck party after work today. Need to do the dry dance before I go, there's a chance of thunderstorms all weekend in saratoga. Really looking forward to some of Treesaw's good eats, and just having a good time. I'm sure there'll be some new monkeys to meet as well. Hooples you better be there dude.

BTW, Poland awesome job on the bike, looks great. Nice color too.
not happening carzy sorry .. work is nuts.. i have to work sat night... im bummed about it myself :(