Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
I'm hoping it doesn't rain too hard this weekend. Anyways off to a lecture on deer contraception in my home town. I'm in wildlife science, if that makes it less weird.

(insert sarcastic comments here :thumb: )
That is a pretty funny lesson!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
GumbaFish said:
I'm hoping it doesn't rain too hard this weekend. Anyways off to a lecture on deer contraception in my home town. I'm in wildlife science, if that makes it less weird.

(insert sarcastic comments here :thumb: )
The key to it all is not getting kicked or gored when trying to put on the condom.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Yeah I had to HUGE mugs of Spatten Octoberfest.

mmm....that was good.

I didn't do much of anything last night either ;)

Oh, wait, that's right! I had dinner with Stosh and Aubrey! Today I've got a dentist appointment then I can't wait to get home and see Rob, who's coming down today and staying through Monday. We're hoping to get some good riding in (hopefully the rain will hold off!). Have a great weekend, monkeys!

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
stosh said:
I think we're gonna do a Jim Thorpe weekend early next summer. We'll keep you up to date.
Very cool, keep me posted about that one. Hopefully I'll be in shape by next year. Time to put in that winter training.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
What the heck is China's Treasure Fleet?
It might surprise you to know that from the years 1405-1433 China had the most powerful navy in the world. In comparison, Columbus's ships that sailed in 1492 were at least 4 times smaller than the Chinese ships that sailed over those years. They had a fleet of 160 something ships that carried approximately 30,000 men amongst them. They conquered most of the Indian Ocean, parts of Africa, and word has it that they even made it to Australia and the Americas. The point of my paper is to present facts to make a logical conclusion that if the Chinese had not dismantled their navy, then right now we might all be Chinese.

J

JRB

Good morning. I had a hell of a night. I went to pull the cranks off of the Haro (FSA Alpha drive) to put on some Turbines I have. I didn't have the little insert for pulling splined cranks, because no one returns anything. Long story short - modified a crank bolt, but didn't do it right. (should have just pulled a self-extracting bolt from my Ultegras) Well - I bottomed out, and pulled all of the threads out of the crank arm. No biggie, except the shop would have given me $30 or $40 for them. Cut to the chase - 1 dremel tool and a lot of aluminum powder later, I got them off. It sucked.

All of that said, I got my fork from Westy, which is top notch. I got it installed and can't wait to ride it. Thanks, Westy. :thumb:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
bluebug32 said:
We're hoping to get some good riding in (hopefully the rain will hold off!). Have a great weekend, monkeys!
If the rain suddenly makes everyone want to live in a trailer park, listen to country music in a sh*tty truck, and tastes like stale Funions....it because it's the same storm that just swept through the carolinas last night! :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
All of that said, I got my fork from Westy, which is top notch. I got it installed and can't wait to ride it. Thanks, Westy. :thumb:
[spam]No problemo, spread the word brother. I'm doing a mass bike selloff this weekend. [/spam]

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
yesteday's GMT thread hit 7 pages and there wasn't one useful post in it.

howdy monkeys, was out in wisconsin for work. boring.
What is a useful post? One that has a bottle opener or screwdriver attachment?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
bluebug32 said:
What are you doing in Woodstock? If anyone offers you anything in the park, DON'T TAKE IT!

While you're there, check out Overlook Mountain Bikes (my LBS). The guys are great.
if i mention your name will they charge me double???

things from strange people in parks are fun

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Went for a ride last night after work and then went home and watched the documentary "Born into Brothels", which I thought was pretty good.

Just some local riding lined up for the weekend. Not much else going on.

Have a good day everyone! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
56cm on the road bike, can't remember whathe the Gemini is 18", medium or something like that.
I've been debating letting my MKIII go...

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Westy said:
56cm on the road bike, can't remember whathe the Gemini is 18", medium or something like that.
Whole bike or just frame on the Gemini? Price? I have a friend who may be interested.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good morning all,

Rode the switchblade to work today. Tonight it's up the road on south mountain, and down the mormon-national trail on the way home. Yee-haw!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Good morning yo!

I just had some home made tamales for breakfast. There is a nice mexican lady who makes tamales then carts them around the hospital selling them for a buck. 2 bucks 2 tamales... Mmmmmm mmmmm.

Bachelor party tomorrow.. recovering on sunday. :help:

J

JRB

stosh said:
I like my hardtail.

PS. They Might Be Giants were just on the radio.
Cool - you should trade my my Dean soft tail for your MKIII.

*I got a bad ass TMBG hits CD, but I have been listening to Housemartins a lot lately.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
DNA said:
Whole bike or just frame on the Gemini? Price? I have a friend who may be interested.
Whole bike, kind of a trail/freeride build. Sherman breakout, 3 rings up front, 38 lbs. I'll have all the details up in buy sell over the weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:

*I got a bad ass TMBG hits CD, but I have been listening to Housemartins a lot lately.
Yeah I have that compilation CD set except mine is signed by John and John. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:

Send me a pic of your bike.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
ugh last night sucked i was up till 4:45 writing a psychology paper and had to get up at 6:15 to get ready for school. im surprised that i didnt fall asleep in any of my classes today with only about an hour or so of sleep.

J

JRB

splat said:
Afternoon, just got back from the deathmarch with IAB and BigBlackBruce. Now tired . will post some pics in a few minutes. but we did 25 miles in a little under 5 hours
I don't want to see IAB today. It's been hell here without him moderating.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Belated good morning..

I was supposed to ride with Reactor after work today so at 5:00 a.m. I decided that the Stan's in the tires hadn't been checked for a few months and was probably about dried up. I pulled the wheels, broke the bead and I was right. Not even any cauliflower in there. So I added the Stan's and remembering what a hard time I had using the air pump to reseat the bead I decided to use the presta/schrader adapters that I bought at the LBS with the compressor. I aired up both tires and went to set the proper air pressure with the hand pump. I pumped one up and heard a leak. Initially I thought it was the bead but upon inspection found it was from the UST valve. Since this one was fragged I went and put the valve cap on the other tire and the cap just spun. This valve also started leaking. So it looks like the pressure required to get air from the chuck through the adapter broke both of the presta UST valves where the inserted core meets the threaded area of the valve body. Not a common item to be found at 5:30 a.m. So the bike sits on the stand with two flat tires below it on the kitchen floor. I didn't have time to tube it or want to waste the Stan's either.

So then I thought I would bring the single speed to work to show Reactor. I took it outside, leaned it against the pillar, turned around to lock the door and heard a blang. The bike fell over against the stucco and put a small ding in the top tube and tore the tip of the seat.

Next leaving the coffee hut, my daughter is getting into the truck and spills hot chocolate on the door speaker and carpet.

I get to work and fish through the seat belt to remove my badge from my belt so that I can get through the gate. Being a sometimes cumbersome operation I usually do this a block away and set the badge on the console. As I go around the corner the badge slides off the console and between the seats.

Traffic sucked and I was 40 minutes late to work. :angry:

Really should have called in sick and went riding.

And how was your day?