Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody doing today on this Christmas Eve Eve?

Well things are going ok, I got my computer working again. Apparently for some reason I couldn't BOOT from the SATA drive only the IDE ATA drive.

Anyway hope ya all have a great day!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning monkeys!!!!

slow goings here today.... gonna be an easy one, hopefully i will get out early and finish up some shopping

this is I made last night... now i know its not a treesaw cake.. but i tried!!!

Merry Christmas

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
good morning monkeys!!!!

slow goings here today.... gonna be an easy one, hopefully i will get out early and finish up some shopping

this is I made last night... now i know its not a treesaw cake.. but i tried!!!

Merry Christmas
Wait... YOU made that?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Working. Tomorrow too. Things are ok though. Went grocery shopping last night and picked up a hefty Spiral Ham for tomorrow night's dinner. Mmmm... :drool: After work today I make the all important booze run!!! :D Got home yesterday and there were 2 cards for us. One was from my company with a $600 check inside :thumb: , the other was a xmas card from the owner of my LBS. Thought that was nice. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Working. Tomorrow too. Things are ok though. Went grocery shopping last night and picked up a hefty Spiral Ham for tomorrow night's dinner. Mmmm... :drool: After work today I make the all important booze run!!! :D Got home yesterday and there were 2 cards for us. One was from my company with a $600 check inside :thumb: , the other was a xmas card from the owner of my LBS. Thought that was nice. :)
Wow, thats cool! To bad there wasn't a gift certificate for $600 in the one from your LBS.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Wait... YOU made that?
yep... its not as impressive as you think... its chocolate cake... you put the cake into a bundt cake mold. the mold does all the work :cool:
then Marcy and i did all the frosting

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The sun is out. I need to have copies of pictures of some old pooch pictures made. Try to find something for my brother for Christmas.

Merry_______.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning! Had dinner with my sons and my brother last night - that was nice. But the aftermath at 3:30 in the a.m. wasn't. :(

Should be a slow day today here. I picked up a 12 pack of Guinness last night, so I just need to get a couple of bottle of wine today and then do some wrapping tonight.

Hey Narlus - can you recommend a good $12 Cabernet and maybe another $12 Merlot for me???

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
MMcG said:
Morning! Had dinner with my sons and my brother last night - that was nice. But the aftermath at 3:30 in the a.m. wasn't. :(

Should be a slow day today here. I picked up a 12 pack of Guinness last night, so I just need to get a couple of bottle of wine today and then do some wrapping tonight.

Hey Narlus - can you recommend a good $12 Cabernet and maybe another $12 Merlot for me???
try YellowTail wine.. pretty good and very reasonable...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning monkeys. I'm headed out to fly to NH for a week - see everyone on Thursday!

Hope you all have a great holiday!

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Good morning all. Wife and I have the day off, so we're not doing anything. Xmas shopping is done. I have to make dinner tomorrow night for wife, parents and a sister's family. Any suggestions?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
wannabeabonedoc said:
Good morning all. Wife and I have the day off, so we're not doing anything. Xmas shopping is done. I have to make dinner tomorrow night for wife, parents and a sister's family. Any suggestions?
Spiral cut ham, easy and F'ing GOOD!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning monkeys.

My vacation contniues. I'm doing just this side of nothing. I haven't even showered or changed yet; I'm still sitting around in my robe. Everyone around the house is annoying me though.
You in NJ?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello kids! Had a dentist appointment this morning...just a cleaning.

So I got in at 10:00, then I leave at noon for a holiday party. w00t!

MBC and I are having my family over tomorrow, then we're going to Mt Snow to ski Xmas Day and the day after.

:dancing:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I Are Baboon said:
Hello kids! Had a dentist appointment this morning...just a cleaning.

So I got in at 10:00, then I leave at noon for a holiday party. w00t!

MBC and I are having my family over tomorrow, then we're going to Mt Snow to ski Xmas Day and the day after.

:dancing:
So how were the teeth then?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
MMcG said:
Morning! can you recommend a good $12 Cabernet and maybe another $12 Merlot for me???
I second the Yellowtail. There are also some good Finger Lakes wines (I don't know if you can get them there, I'd think so). Standing Stone is a great one

Just biding my time, finishing up some work. We close at 12:30, so I'm going home! I may be MIA for a while, so have a great Christmas (or whatever you celebrate) everyone!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Ah yeah.

What fun it is to be around my father, who is working from home and chewing out other people at 8:30 AM.
How are the cats doing?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Mornin Yo!
Working today but hopefully leaving at noon or thereabouts. I need to go pick up a ton of Guinness and some wine for the weekend. We'll be hittin the mom's place tomorrow evening, and the inlaws and my dad on x-mas day. Finally on monday we have some good freinds from Humboldt coming over for dinner. Should be a fun but exhausting weekend.

Merry Christmas Monkeys!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Is it for Laura? She really liked the Blackstone Merlot we had.
The Cabernet is for her Sister - to bring to Christmas Eve dinner

Merlot is just for us sort of - just looking for something different.

If people like Merlot, I highly suggest Red Diamond Merlot - really a lot of bang for the buck.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
MMcG said:

If people like Merlot, I highly suggest Red Diamond Merlot - really a lot of bang for the buck.
Prism from Knapp (I believe) is definitely an excellent red.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:

Markham makes a good Merlot. I sampled it when I took a Napa wine tour. Valley Wines and Spirits is the only place I've seen it around here (the wine shop in the CVS/Andy's Market plaza on route 10 in Simsbury). It'll cost a little more though ($15 or so). MBC loved it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:

try the wolf blass green label (i think it's a cab/shiraz mix), very good. also the chateau ste michelle or columbia crest out of WA is very good and not spendy.