Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Good news on the job front for me, my office just landed our largest job ever yesterday afternoon. While I felt very comfortable with my job here it's a nice added sense of security. Other than that not to much planned for the weekend. I think we're going to a going away party tomorrow but I'm not sure yet.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Jenn has her interview this morning, so good luck to her! :weee:

Very happy that it's the end of the week...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, stosh and fellow monkeys!

TGIF! I predict beer and shrimp tonight. Rest day today..no gym, no cardio, no nothing. I've worked out 8 of the last 9 days and 18 of the last 20.

We're heading up to Mt Snow (again) tomorrow afternoon for Sunday skiing. It's going to be c-c-c-c-cooooold! Should be fun though!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yo.

decent day yesterday...ran the 5 mile loop, played w/ the kids in the pool for a while, shot 11 holes w/ my father-in-law and some old dude (75!) who was on fire w/ the putter.

had a fairly crappy, expensive dinner at some fish place downtown...it's usually been good but the school vacation week traffic might have overwhelmed the kitchen. had a lukewarm, soggy (was supposed to be 'macadamia nut-encrusted') piece of grouper.

packing for the return to the frigid climes of new england. :(

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
put the bike back together......my hub is F'ed (had to borrow a wheel in AZ) and I think my shock is blown (no rebound and when I went to put air in, all this dirty oil came oozing out) :wonky2:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
put the bike back together......my hub is F'ed (had to borrow a wheel in AZ) and I think my shock is blown (no rebound and when I went to put air in, all this dirty oil came oozing out) :wonky2:
dude... what the hell happend???

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
stosh said:
Good news on the job front for me, my office just landed our largest job ever yesterday afternoon. While I felt very comfortable with my job here it's a nice added sense of security.
Congrats stosh! I just got a riase yesterday so I celebrated by buying a six pack of some IPA I've never tried before. Think I might go in late today and head out for a quick morning ride; I adjusted the shifters & brake levers on my bars last night to give my big mitts some more room. Gotta see how it goes...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Morning Stosh.

Last day of training... got about a 5 hour drive home this afternoon. Apparently Renae is on the verge of a breakdown as the kids (mostly Sean) hasn't slept much at all this whole week. It's been a nice little vacation for me, but I'm ready to get home and back on my bike.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
macko said:
Congrats stosh! I just got a riase yesterday so I celebrated by buying a six pack of some IPA I've never tried before. Think I might go in late today and head out for a quick morning ride; I adjusted the shifters & brake levers on my bars last night to give my big mitts some more room. Gotta see how it goes...
A very nice fellow RM member sent me some 8spd stuff he didn't want anymore. I think I'm going to make both of my bikes 8spds this weekend.
That means I'll have some SRAM stuff for sale shortly.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
dude... what the hell happend???

I guess my hub ('04 wtb LaserDisc Lite) has had a tendancy to go, it was supposedly fixed w/an upgrade kit but it's still F'ed

and I'm guessing the uphill landing (on a jump in the bitches section of the OP course) was too much for my shock

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! I am outta here and off to the interview. Let's hope I survive... man I can't wait until 3pm. :rolleyes: All I have to do now is not look too uncomfortable in this god-awful suit, and not throw up on anyone. Let's see how that goes. :weee:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Monkeys,

Congrats Stosh!

not much planned for me... other than prepping my rental appt. for my nephew who is going to be my new tennant.

it is Manhattanprjkt's birthday... so I think we will get together for a ride, and some brews or something...

HEY BV... OUR thoughts are with Jenn now... good luck to her!

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Eh, you guys might find this slightly amusing:

So there are 5 of us guys whom lived together during college (we're all mid 20's now). 2 of the 5 have since gotten married, 1 is just recently engaged, and the other 2 (Dave and I) are roommates once again.

The guy that just got engaged (to a girl we can't stand, she moved into the house and had him kick us out). He wants EVERYONE to meet up Saturday night at the bars for an "easy, chill night" beginning at some ridiculously early time such as 7pm. That's exactly what Dave and I want to do, hang out with everyone and their wives so they can't bull**** about marriage over the 2 beers they'll drink in 3 hours.

Anyways, Dave and I are planning on getting absolutely plowed. Not telling anyone our intentions, just drinking likes it's our last night before being shipped out to sea.

I don't necessarily see anything good coming of it, but hell it should be pretty fun. That's my big weekend plan. Life is slow.

J

JRB

Good morning monkeys. I had a good little ride that finished in the dark. Rode with the quad guys, and it's funny what I ride that they won't. I have to go buy some black pants today, for the show in FL. We have to coordinate, but I don't own black pants. I am the anti-goth.

Good luck to antimony. :thumb:

*IAB - shrimp and beer my ass. Help that woman with the washer you little nancy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Morning! I am outta here and off to the interview. Let's hope I survive... man I can't wait until 3pm. :rolleyes: All I have to do now is not look too uncomfortable in this god-awful suit, and not throw up on anyone. Let's see how that goes. :weee:
Good luck!!!

J

JRB

I have a funny one too macko. My old company is likely going to fire all of their sales force after the trade show, so there are no rumors at the biggest show for school equipment. Someone told me 2 days ago. I'll bet there are "no" rumors now. :teacher: You do the math.

*bad idea to let people you fire know what your plans are and then put it off. :think:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
macko said:
Eh, you guys might find this slightly amusing:

So there are 5 of us guys whom lived together during college (we're all mid 20's now). 2 of the 5 have since gotten married, 1 is just recently engaged, and the other 2 (Dave and I) are roommates once again.

The guy that just got engaged (to a girl we can't stand, she moved into the house and had him kick us out). He wants EVERYONE to meet up Saturday night at the bars for an "easy, chill night" beginning at some ridiculously early time such as 7pm. That's exactly what Dave and I want to do, hang out with everyone and their wives so they can't bull**** about marriage over the 2 beers they'll drink in 3 hours.

Anyways, Dave and I are planning on getting absolutely plowed. Not telling anyone our intentions, just drinking likes it's our last night before being shipped out to sea.

I don't necessarily see anything good coming of it, but hell it should be pretty fun. That's my big weekend plan. Life is slow.
The best would be if you could convince some of the other guys to get drunk. Pull out their inner frank the tanks.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Great day yesterday. Since one of the regional hardware places (Chase Pitkin) is having an inventory liquidation sale I made my way out there. I only spent like 25 bucks and got a couple of 3x3x8 landscape timbers, 15 1x4x48in planks to use for decking stunts, a couple of boxes of nails, and a huge box of timber ties. I am not sure if the lady wrang up my stuff wrong but some of it was even cheaper than I thought it would be. The whole store is 40-70% off and I was able to get 8ft long landscape timbers for 1.88 each! And the planks were like 5 cents each. Another trip will be made in the near future for sure.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
stosh said:
The best would be if you could convince some of the other guys to get drunk. Pull out their inner frank the tanks.
That would typically be best route, infiltrate the enemy and turn them to the dark side. However, of the 3 others: 1 is now a devout christain (doesn't drink), 1 never really drank that much in college to begin with, and the 1 that is engaged is so absolutely whipped there's just no hope of turning him.

You wanna hear whipped? This was the second time he has kicked Dave & I out for a girl. The SECOND time for a DIFFERENT girl. The first girl he was engaged to broke it off just before she was to move in. This one moved in and then he threw her the rock, subsequently giving us the boot.

Whatever happend to bros before hoes?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Good plan macko, at least it will be fun for you. One of my roommates is whipped beyond belief. This is our last year at college and his girl is back home, and she whips him even from afar. She hangs out with ex boyfriends and random dudes like 5 nights a week and they constantly hit on her. She flips out if he is going to hang out with us because she doesn't want him to cheat on her, even if its going to just be a group of the guys hanging around and drinking. She doesn't want him to drink, talk to other girls even the ones he is just friends with, or even think about other girls. Meanwhile she does whatever the heck she wants. Its totally rugged to watch.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Happy Fri!

Had a photo shoot all day yesterday, so I never wandered into the lounge.

Getting some work done today, then hanging out with Rob later and hopefully getting out for a ride tomorrow. Damn, the cold, I'm so sick of the trainer and must see some dirt/mud soon!

J

JRB

bluebug32 said:
Happy Fri!

Had a photo shoot all day yesterday, so I never wandered into the lounge.

Getting some work done today, then hanging out with Rob later and hopefully getting out for a ride tomorrow. Damn, the cold, I'm so sick of the trainer and must see some dirt/mud soon!
Photo shoot??? That's hot. Can you post pics??? :devil:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
happy Friday Monkeys.

No work today so I'm re-building my bike which I sent out to be powdercoated while I was on vacation. Hope to ride something somewhere this weekend if the weather cooperates.

happy birthday Manhattanprjkt!
good luck to antimony and to Jenn.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Busy day here at work and then it's off to the local DH race for the weekend. Should be interesting since NASCAR is in town for the weekend too.

Have a good day everyone :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Busy day here at work and then it's off to the local DH race for the weekend. Should be interesting since NASCAR is in town for the weekend too.

Have a good day everyone :)
What are they in town for?

And hello to you as well!!!

J

JRB

stosh said:
What are they in town for?

And hello to you as well!!!
They're likely there to help fight a huge forest fire. :think:

What the hell do you think they are there for??? Circles to the left, numbnuts.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I have the full on spanish anal monkey sars combined with a little bit of plague. I'm all new here so I didn't want to call in sick, but I might see if I can head home around lunch.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SilentJ said:
I have the full on spanish anal monkey sars combined with a little bit of plague. I'm all new here so I didn't want to call in sick, but I might see if I can head home around lunch.
You need to stop whoring yourself out at Spanish Zoos.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
I guess my hub ('04 wtb LaserDisc Lite) has had a tendancy to go, it was supposedly fixed w/an upgrade kit but it's still F'ed
Bummer man... I had a very good experience with WTB hubs on my old bike.

douglas said:
I'm guessing the uphill landing (on a jump in the bitches section of the OP course) was too much for my shock
Yikes! Was this on the Hollowpoint?