Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'll be at the travel agent tonight to hopefully book our honeymoon. I'm pretty psyched about that. I was going to go for a ride but I've had a horrible sore throat the past week and last night after the gym it got worse so I figured I would just take it easy this weekend which sucks because it's so f'ing nice out!!!

Hope ya all have a great day and weekend!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
physical activity can boost your body's imune system... a good sweat could kick the sore throat. Besides, you don't want to wuss out on the first good weather of the year, do you?

Not much on for today... gotta finish workign on the kinks on an import I've been working on. Not difficult, just tedious as all the data has to map just so between 2 different databases.

Hoping to take the kids to the park after work today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
physical activity can boost your body's imune system... a good sweat could kick the sore throat. Besides, you don't want to wuss out on the first good weather of the year, do you?

Not much on for today... gotta finish workign on the kinks on an import I've been working on. Not difficult, just tedious as all the data has to map just so between 2 different databases.

Hoping to take the kids to the park after work today.
I'm probably going to ride on Sunday.

I thought the same thing about the workout but the 3 days I worked out this week has seemingly made it worse.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. TGIF! Riding after work today!! Yippeeee!! First ride I've done in a month! Supposed to be near 70 degrees here as well. Tomorrow I'm going hiking with my two bro-in-laws. Supposed to rain, but whatever.... :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
2 hours on the mtn bike yesterday, doing a road ride after work today, then to Boston tomorrow, should be home early enough Sunday for another ride - this weather rocks!!

trickten

Chimp
Jul 13, 2005
Mid - MI
Mornin kids,

Good thing: It's Payday! I'm off this weekend,It's going to be mid 60's today Bad thing: rain today, rain tomorrow, rain Monday. Paycheck already spent. :nopity:

Oh well, I have my health and a full case of beer in the fridge.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello! I was planning on riding tomorrow morning, but OF COURSE there are showers and thunderstorms in the forecast. So tomorrow is looking more and more like a gym and chores day. Mt Snow Sunday to wrap up ski season.

Got a 10:00 hockey game tonight. Those are much easier to deal with when I can sleep in the next day. :)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all definately doing some riding after class today. Good thing its supposed to rain this weekend because I have a ton of work to do that I put off all week when I decided to ride instead of do work.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning all! 80s here all weekend, so I'll be out by the pool with some beer and alcholic punch I am going to try and make tonight! :weee: My aunt and uncle are visiting Sunday on their way back to NH from FL, so I am super excited about that! Have I ever mentioned that I love NC?? :D

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Good day to all. I will boost out of work by 3 today and wil get to W. Mass to ride in Lenox....can't wait as I said yesterday. First "real" (read: climbs) mountain ride on the overbuilt SS, please pray for my knees and back.

Tentatively finished off my DH bike last night, just have to drill out the new rims for schraeder and maybe cut my new bars a bit. Now onwards to my wife's VP Free...Had a cop come in last night at my part time LBS job to try out some Fox gloves. He "tested" them by pullng out his Glock 9 MM and aiming it around the store to make sure the aforementioned gloves were "tight enough".

...and on a somewhat connected sidenote, my wife was riding to work today and stumbled across a simulated hostage situation with State police, etc. Funny thing was that she snuck up on the situation and threw people totally off (as well as scaring herself as she quickly discovered that she just rode into the line of fire, so to speak).

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Yinz Guys,

It is BEAUTIFUL out right now we had a firedrill and I didn't want to come back into the building... :nopity:

I cant wait till after school today... I don't have any plans and I hope no-one at home has any for me... (check that... I do want to finish cleaning my bike so I can take pics of it for sale) but other than that... MMMMMMM BEEEEEEER:drool:

I haven't heard from Manhattanprjkt... but that bastard is in MOAB by now :mumble: I wish I was there!!! ARGH!!!

Have a good weekend all...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Morning Yinz Guys,

It is BEAUTIFUL out right now we had a firedrill and I didn't want to come back into the building... :nopity:

I cant wait till after school today... I don't have any plans and I hope no-one at home has any for me... (check that... I do want to finish cleaning my bike so I can take pics of it for sale) but other than that... MMMMMMM BEEEEEEER:drool:

I haven't heard from Manhattanprjkt... but that bastard is in MOAB by now :mumble: I wish I was there!!! ARGH!!!

Have a good weekend all...
How long is he gone for?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
antimony said:
Morning all! 80s here all weekend, so I'll be out by the pool with some beer and alcholic punch I am going to try and make tonight! SO I WILL BE POSTING AWESOME PHOTOS OF ME IN A LITTLE BIT! :D
I fixed it for you...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I thought you were PMing me pics of antimony. Then I realized that post hadn't come up yet.
No I'm still waiting for the ones of your woman!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good Morning!

Had a nice evening, wife and daughter went to Disney On Ice, son and I dropped them off, went for mexican and saw "16 Blocks" which was much better than I thought it would be.

Three rides scheduled for the weekend so that should keep me busy, washing bike clothes if nothing else.

Everyone have a good weekend...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
decent spin class, felt good to leave the building in a t shirt. made some nice pasta w/ artichokes, crushed tomatoes and white beans, chopped basil on top. watched a Marc Ribot documentary i'd gotten a few days ago...great stuff.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Trainwreck said:
Good Morning!

Had a nice evening, wife and daughter went to Disney On Ice, son and I dropped them off, went for mexican and saw "16 Blocks" which was much better than I thought it would be.

Three rides scheduled for the weekend so that should keep me busy, washing bike clothes if nothing else.

Everyone have a good weekend...
ha nice!
Have fun riding this weekend!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
It's 71 and sunny here. I'm suited up for a road ride as soon as I get off the phone. Should be a blast.

Stosh, want to ride next weekend?
I think so.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
After putting in my resume to many companies and not hearing a word back from them I wrote to the place I worked last summer to see if they would still offer me a job. They will, I was just hoping to get away from there as I worked with my ex-girlfriends father. No big deal I suppose as we had a good relationship, its just kind of awkward and something I wanted to avoid if possible. Oh well, a job is a job. As my mom would say, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
What? Mud scares you?
Well these are my local trails and I'm not a huge fan of ruining them.

I know you don't live around here... but you still ride the trails and should respect them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
smackdown by monkey ear humper!
Actually he may have just meant that we would ride the roads thru Stewart so I should be so quick to assume.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
At least I'm done at 3pm and I have multiple windows open around my desk.
yep it sucks being here at 7:05 every day... but getting out at 2:35 (when I don't have a bunch of extra stuff to do) RULES!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
yep it sucks being here at 7:05 every day... but getting out at 2:35 (when I don't have a bunch of extra stuff to do) RULES!!!
I WISH I could come in that early.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
Well these are my local trails and I'm not a huge fan of ruining them.

I know you don't live around here... but you still ride the trails and should respect them.
If they weren't trashed by the rain last time we rode them, they'll probably be in relatively decent shape this time as well.

There's always Vassar....