Quantcast

good full face helmet.

Jun 13, 2007
Israel
I'm looking for a good helmet but also cheap i don't want to spend more then 30 bucks on one, I'm also looking for an urban style kind of helmets for more or less the same price ???

Any ideas ???

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
i would recommend the giro remedy except its $100, so i cant help you on that one but as for the urban helmet any of the protec helmets are great, and they usually run for around $30.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
the one thing you want to spend alot of money on is a good helmet. As long as its cheaper then your insurance deductable its a good deal. I'm rocking the fly venom, it wanst too much and is dot rated.

danger

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
richmond va
I got an azonic t-55 for 50 bucks on clearence. It's awesome but the sale ended like a year ago. I bet if you search youll find one

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
My Giro Remedy saved my ass at Plattekill the other weekend. Had a hell of a crash and the helmet is still alright. Smashed the visor into a few pieces but the helmet isn't cracked or anything. It's real comfortable and for the price you can't beat it. I'd definitely buy another one.

Don't forget to consider how your goggles will fit with the helmet as well. I have some rockgardn goggles and they work fine with the Remedy.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
I have seen the Pro-Tec helmets. On a decent crash, there is no way the thing could possibly protect you. Not nearly enough paccing, and the shell can flex from arm strength.

As said above, the helmet should be as much of a priority as the bike; a $30 helmet is NOT going to keep you safe on a good hit. I would suggest readjusting your budget closer to $100, and looking at helmets like the 661 Bravo, 661 Comp, Giro Remedy or the Fox helmets.