Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
how is everybody?

I had to go to a ground breaking on Saturday. It sucked because I had to wear a long sleeve shirt and tie in 95 degree heat in an open field.

Other than that weekend was pretty mellow, went swiming in the creek behind my house, that was fun.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a good ride Friday night. The boss bought a cheapy above ground pool from wallmart, so we spent most of the weekend getting that setup. Hopefully we'll be swimming tonight. Can't wait to see that electric bill :rolleyes:

Not much else to report on really. Looks to be a pretty mellow week too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had a good ride Friday night. The boss bought a cheapy above ground pool from wallmart, so we spent most of the weekend getting that setup. Hopefully we'll be swimming tonight. Can't wait to see that electric bill :rolleyes:

Not much else to report on really. Looks to be a pretty mellow week too.
Man I was looking for something to have a campfire in at walmart this past weekend, I couldn't believe how many of thoes cheapy pools were heading out the door.

I love when people think it's cool to put them on their deck and then fill them up with a TON of water..... Brilliant!!!!!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Went downhilling at Attitash Saturday. Did better than I usually do, only fell twice. Thought I ripped my nipple off, but turns out I just got a raspberry on it. Also had the pleasure of opening up the dryer today to find that a black gel pen had made its way in and graced the entire load of my work clothes with little black blotches... :mad:

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
jacksonpt said:
...The boss bought a cheapy above ground pool from wallmart, so we spent most of the weekend getting that setup. Hopefully we'll be swimming tonight. Can't wait to see that electric bill :rolleyes:
'Morning.

I dunno...most people down here just fill 'em with water.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Man I was looking for something to have a campfire in at walmart this past weekend, I couldn't believe how many of thoes cheapy pools were heading out the door.

I love when people think it's cool to put them on their deck and then fill them up with a TON of water..... Brilliant!!!!!
Yea... the world is full of intelligent people. Fortunatly, ours is setup on the ground. A nice sloping section of ground, but still on the ground. Our deck isn't big enough to hold a pool, so...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello! I'm back from Dalton. What an awesome weekend. Separate thread coming soon. I just woke up after basically sleeping from 6:00 last night to 8:30 this morning. Mmmmmm...sleeeeep......

Somehow I have to find the energy for a hockey game tonight.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yea... the world is full of intelligent people. Fortunatly, ours is setup on the ground. A nice sloping section of ground, but still on the ground. Our deck isn't big enough to hold a pool, so...
make sure it's pluged into a GFI outlet.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
make sure it's pluged into a GFI outlet.
pffffffffft - it's plugged into an extension cord that is plugged into a powerstrip (which has several other extension cords plugged into it). The powerstrip is plugged into the wall (non-GFI)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning!!!!!
it was a fun weekend. sat i was just riding around brooklyn and decided to head to the beach at Coney island. little did I realize, the mermaid parade was going on!!!!!Mermaid parade

there are tons of wacky people drinking and having a blast . Most women are dressed up like mermaids, pratically in their underwear and wearing nothing but pasties on their boobs... quite a sight!!! and some men are too. its kinda like a mini mardi Gras, as people throw beads down to the crowds from there vans and pick ups all decorated with various themes.
the women in the fishnets and underwear really make it a crowd pleaser!!!!

Sunday i headed to the beach to relax and I set up my moms pool so she can cool off a bit.. other than that not too much going on

stosh.. I guess you never got together w/ ray???

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone.

I worked my ass off this weekend, cleaning and packing. It was a ton of work but the apartment looks pretty good now :thumb:

Also got my new video card installed into my computer. Was unhappy with the performance of the other card so I picked up a GeForce 6600GT, and it's damn fast. Doom 3 looks great. Picked up some decent small speakers, too - no great shakes but at least they're good for gaming and a little music.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning!!!!!
it was a fun weekend. sat i was just riding around brooklyn and decided to head to the beach at Coney island. little did I realize, the mermaid parade was going on!!!!!Mermaid parade

there are tons of wacky people drinking and having a blast . Most women are dressed up like mermaids, pratically in their underwear and wearing nothing but pasties on their boobs... quite a sight!!! and some men are too. its kinda like a mini mardi Gras, as people throw beads down to the crowds from there vans and pick ups all decorated with various themes.
the women in the fishnets and underwear really make it a crowd pleaser!!!!

Sunday i headed to the beach to relax and I set up my moms pool so she can cool off a bit.. other than that not too much going on

stosh.. I guess you never got together w/ ray???
this coming weekend him and Devon are coming up.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'morning everyone. I got a nice morning ride in on Saturday followed by the drinking of many good beers at the Old Dominion Beer Festival. I had to laugh because Anheuser-Busch was set up in the same tent as Chimay, Allagash, Abita, Hofbrau, Maredsous 8, Weyerbacher, and others. Needless to say, not a lot of people were drinking Bud Select. :)

Played in the championship game with my floor hockey team last night. We were defeated. Badly. Crushed. 12-4 :( I also rolled my ankle heading in to the third period. It's a nifty 2x its normal size. :dead: So much for a ride today, or tomorrow, or later this week. :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
G'morning everyone. I got a nice morning ride in on Saturday followed by the drinking of many good beers at the Old Dominion Beer Festival. I had to laugh because Anheuser-Busch was set up in the same tent as Chimay, Allagash, Abita, Hofbrau, Maredsous 8, Weyerbacher, and others. Needless to say, not a lot of people were drinking Bud Select. :)

Played in the championship game with my floor hockey team last night. We were defeated. Badly. Crushed. 12-4 :( I also rolled my ankle heading in to the third period. It's a nifty 2x its normal size. :dead: So much for a ride today, or tomorrow, or later this week. :(
do you play floor hockey with sneakers or roller blades?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
do you play floor hockey with sneakers or roller blades?
I prefer the term "hockey shoes." :) We play on a basketball court with boards and glass like a hockey rink. The actual playing area is a bit bigger than a basketball court, but you get the idea.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
I prefer the term "hockey shoes." :) We play on a basketball court with boards and glass like a hockey rink. The actual playing area is a bit bigger than a basketball court, but you get the idea.
actually I've been working on designing a court for an indoor sports facility so I'm fairly familiar with it.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Had a huge party this weekend at my parents house for our upcoming wedding next week. Lots of people young and old. Smoked pork shoulders and chicken, cold keg beer, lots of liquor, great DJ, lots of laughs.....It was a ton of work all weekend to get everything set up, but it was worth it. Highlight of the evening: Watching my younger brother stack it on his face trying to demonstrate a kegstand at 3am. It was halirious----he came out the next morning with a skinned-up nose :p

Got twelve days left as a single man.....everyone keeps saying "...You still got time to get out of it"

Oh no the hell I don't. :nope:

She's not letting me anywhere NEAR a bus station or a jogging suit. :p

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BikeGeek said:
I think you should design me some ankles that don't roll. :p
Stupid rolled ankles. For this season, I bought some basketball shoes and a lace-up ankle brace. Two games into the season, no rolled ankle *knock on wood*. Sorry about the championship game. :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Good Morning!!

Had a huge party this weekend at my parents house for our upcoming wedding next week. Lots of people young and old. Smoked pork shoulders and chicken, cold keg beer, lots of liquor, great DJ, lots of laughs.....It was a ton of work all weekend to get everything set up, but it was worth it. Highlight of the evening: Watching my younger brother stack it on his face trying to demonstrate a kegstand at 3am. It was halirious----he came out the next morning with a skinned-up nose :p

Got twelve days left as a single man.....everyone keeps saying "...You still got time to get out of it"

you had a pre-wedding party?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Greyhound said:

Hey dumbass, you've got a mountain bike, doncha?! :p

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
you had a pre-wedding party?

Yeah.....since we're getting married on a boat, we can't really get all those onboard that we wanted to. It's just close family and friends for that one--probably around 100. So we decided to have a pre-wedding party for those here in town that couldn't make it. It turned out great and it was a nice way to make everyone feel like they were a part of it. We had it going on---hired a bartender, tables and chairs for 150, 20x40 tent, two port-a-johns, a DJ, fully catered BBQ with hushpuppies, baked beans, lemonade, Iced tea....the works. I literally only drank one-half of a beer for the first two hours, there were so many people to talk to. But I made up for it after that..... :D

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Good morning all! Another exciting weekend of NO RIDING for me... :dead:

But I did have fun on Saturday wrenching on old Volvos... from about 10am to 9pm...

But then spent Sunday doing yardwork...

Tonight: more auto wrenching... but this time on the g/f's newer car...

Here's to hoping I can get a road ride in tomorrow after work. :think:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all.

No riding this weekend. A riding buddy had a house warming party saturday night was was really cool. Hung out drinking beer watching all the kids play.

Sunday the wife, daughter and I went down to Buffalo Creek to do some hiking. Great weather and a beautiful area. I ride there a lot, but this was my first time there on foot. Kinda gives you a different persepective.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
A Buddy and I... thought it would be a good idea to drive down to SnowShoe friday night to ride on saturday. The drive home after riding for 7 hours. We were right, the place was dry, there was only 30 people on the Mtn. We both live north of Detroit, Mi

We logged 5 runs down the west side to check out the new Pro Course, sweet dreams and Power Line. 10 down the East side... Top half B rocks Bottom half D,K, I, G, and H are all good time.

The PC was sweet, very fast. Longer rock sections, a few small drops. Flows great. Did I say it was fast... ya its fast
SD- Fast and flow`y
Powerline (A-Line type trail)- Takes for ever to get to.... but your moving 45 mph the whole time. Once your there. The run is very pedal heavy, the jumps are very poorly built, but the berms were great. There are a few sections that really rob you of your speed on that run. Rummor has it they are going to extend the run to the top of the mtn.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Andy_B said:
A Buddy and I... thought it would be a good idea to drive down to SnowShoe friday night to ride on saturday. The drive home after riding for 7 hours. We were right, the place was dry, there was only 30 people on the Mtn. We both live north of Detroit, Mi

We logged 5 runs down the west side to check out the new Pro Course, sweet dreams and Power Line. 10 down the East side... Top half B rocks Bottom half D,K, I, G, and H are all good time.

The PC was sweet, very fast. Longer rock sections, a few small drops. Flows great. Did I say it was fast... ya its fast
SD- Fast and flow`y
Powerline (A-Line type trail)- Takes for ever to get to.... but your moving 45 mph the whole time. Once your there. The run is very pedal heavy, the jumps are very poorly built, but the berms were great. There are a few sections that really rob you of your speed on that run. Rummor has it they are going to extend the run to the top of the mtn.
I am heading down there, but not on a DH, I will be riding my DOC...Can you give me some insight into "sweetdreams", is this a hardtailable trail? Well let me rephrase, will it be fun on a hardtail?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Good morning all! Another exciting weekend of NO RIDING for me... :dead:

But I did have fun on Saturday wrenching on old Volvos... from about 10am to 9pm...

But then spent Sunday doing yardwork...

Tonight: more auto wrenching... but this time on the g/f's newer car...

Here's to hoping I can get a road ride in tomorrow after work. :think:
Oh yeah I'll be wrenching on my xterra tonight. Found an old friend down the road from my house who has a lift in his garage.

Doing the front rotors and brakes. Sounds simple but it's not....

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I am heading down there, but not on a DH, I will be riding my DOC...Can you give me some insight into "sweetdreams", is this a hardtailable trail? Well let me rephrase, will it be fun on a hardtail?

Almost everything, other than the Norba Courses would be fun a hard tail.

But to get to SD you need to ride the Sport Course... Its alot of high-speed fire road is trail. But Sweet Dreams rocks, a few small rockey sections... but fast.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
howdy! I went camping and wakeboarding...my freakin forearms are SORE as hell from getting up on the board...soooooooooo fun! We got the cops called on us Saturday night! hahaha! The rangers paid us a visit Friday night...it was AWESOME...9 crazy chicks can really raise some hell! We had the most popular site on the lake! :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Mo'nin

I had a good weekend. Saturday was the Cruiser Crawl with Poker so I took the cruiser down and got probably the best hand I've ever had in one of those events, but still pretty ****ty. I had two pairs - 10's and 9's. Oh well, I won nothing. But some pro trials guy was there doing a pretty cool demonstration. I have MAD respect for trials guys - that balance stuff is waaaay beyond me. He even hucked off the Webcyclery bus!

Yesterday I did another easy ride. I am nearing week 6 of post surgery recovery and damn, this soft tissue damage stuff annoys me. When I fractured my hip I was back on and racing in 2 weeks...same with the broken ribs. But this injury....damn it takes long to heal!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
dh girlie said:
howdy! I went camping and wakeboarding...my freakin forearms are SORE as hell from getting up on the board...soooooooooo fun! We got the cops called on us Saturday night! hahaha! The rangers paid us a visit Friday night...it was AWESOME...9 crazy chicks can really raise some hell! We had the most popular site on the lake! :D
I soooo want to learn wakeboarding!!!!!!!!!