Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
It's cool. Weekends always get busy and fly by before you know it. I have another busy week, but maybe next week we can all go out for dinner or something.
Cool is Rob going to be around?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
I didnt even realize til awards its a 3 race series series, supposedly w/some fox stuff like forks as overall prizes, I missed #1 but the next/last race is double points
Aren't you a member of Team Plattekill? :confused:

At our last DH race Lazlo mentioned that he might make our last race in the series (in Nov.) a double points race as well. I could really use that towards the overall. Either that or I'll have to break the current 1st place riders arm! :devil:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
There was a mountain lion sighting on a local trail yesterday...I missed him by seconds. I got to the top of this fire road and like 30 - 45 seconds or so later a guy came up behind me all freakin out cuz a mountain lion darted from one side of the hill, across the fire road down into the trees below right in front of him...kinda scary...thinkin that that thing was behind me...I was scurred to death the rest of the ride...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys...

Rita-like conditions. That's today's life in a nutshell. It's dumping buckets on Seneca Falls, and I'm stuck going back and forth to and from class in this sh!t. Argh.

Had a nice weekend with Beth, and had a ride on saturday, during which I stunk on ice (endo, some sore ribs, sore shoulder, sore wrist, sore back) and had some trouble staying on the bike at times. Just an off day I guess.

Neuro is done for the day, only gross 1 and compass left. Ugh...not a day to go to class.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
There was a mountain lion sighting on a local trail yesterday...I missed him by seconds. I got to the top of this fire road and like 30 - 45 seconds or so later a guy came up behind me all freakin out cuz a mountain lion darted from one side of the hill, across the fire road down into the trees below right in front of him...kinda scary...thinkin that that thing was behind me...I was scurred to death the rest of the ride...
What does this have to do with this morning??? :D

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
morning all... still no riding for me, waiting for a cut on the palm of my hand to heal. went surfing saturday, which was a bad idea, as that re-opened the damn thing. I've elected to superglue it closed, which seems to be working for now :thumb:

Greyhound said:
Since we're on the subject of money and marriage: When those of you who are married out there in Monkey-land did so, did you also combine your bank accounts, or did you keep things separate? Obviously, we're going to set up a joint savings account, but we've been trying to hash out how we should set up our checking---leave it separate or combine. Hurdles exist in each format, but I was wondering what solutions some of you guys have come up with.
We went for joint checking/savings. We both kept our individual accounts too, but both of our paychecks go into the joint account. I'd say that the key to making this work is communication. Neither one of us will make large purchase without at least letting the other know, and both of our spending is moderate and very predictable. Our online account thingy (wells fargo) allows us to set up virtual accounts, which lets us move money into different funds. For instance, we'll move money into a property insurance fund every month. We've also been moving $$ into a bike fund... and wifey is now telling me to go get a new bike! :love:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Greyhound said:
<snip>
Since we're on the subject of money and marriage: When those of you who are married out there in Monkey-land did so, did you also combine your bank accounts, or did you keep things separate? Obviously, we're going to set up a joint savings account, but we've been trying to hash out how we should set up our checking---leave it separate or combine. Hurdles exist in each format, but I was wondering what solutions some of you guys have come up with.
If you're planning on staying married for a significant amount of time, I'd say just go with the simplicity of a single joint account. :p

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
nothing...except for its the place people share what they did this weekend or what they are doing now...stupid hick.
Thanks for the clarification, cu*t.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Greyhound said:
<snip>I'm wondering if it's smart to do right now as each of us still has a few things to pay off that were incurred before we were married--i.e.: car payment, credit cards, etc....it's not much. Her car is paid off, and our CC debt is pretty low. Ya think we would be better off to just combine incomes, pay each other's debts off and go from there?
Yup. All those "previously incurred" things are now "joint" debts. Might as well treat them as such. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
I thought you liked kitties? :think:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
I do like kitties...however, if the thing came from the hills just above me...between me and the guy behind me...I wonder if he was eyeing me as a possible meal...either way...I woulda liked to have seen him...even if he was ripping out my throat.
I think that would've been muy entertaining....... ;)

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
robdamanii said:
Hey man, that's a joint bike fund. Good bikes must come in pairs, no?
me first! actually, she hasn't been riding that much lately, and is satisfied with her current bike. I've had to retire my geared machine and am down to a single speed; it's high time for me to pick up a replacement.

besides, once her anniversary present gets done (custom surfboard) she'll be spending even less time riding.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning / afternoon all,

I had a nice weekend. woke up early Satmorningto drive to a campsite in ct. did a lttle fishing, some canoeing, some road riding.. that pretty much wiped me out.. the rest of the afternoon was spent with some yuengling... many of them. It was nice to sit back and relax and eat everything in site the rest of the day. That night got down to 41 deg so i was a bit chilly and waiting for the sun to rise . Unfortunatly I worked last night so we couldnt spend most of the day at the campsite. we packed up early and headed back. I am looking forward to this weekend.. I m going to Marylad to visit my sister and ride some of my favorite trails down there...

Have a great day everyone

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
morning / afternoon all,

I had a nice weekend. woke up early Satmorningto drive to a campsite in ct. did a lttle fishing, some canoeing, some road riding.. that pretty much wiped me out.. the rest of the afternoon was spent with some yuengling... many of them. It was nice to sit back and relax and eat everything in site the rest of the day. That night got down to 41 deg so i was a bit chilly and waiting for the sun to rise . Unfortunatly I worked last night so we couldnt spend most of the day at the campsite. we packed up early and headed back. I am looking forward to this weekend.. I m going to Marylad to visit my sister and ride some of my favorite trails down there...

Have a great day everyone
Where you riding in MD?