Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Polandspring88 said:
Thats the thing though. I solved for everything she asked for, correctly mind you, and the diagrams reflected everything that they should. I just wrote her an email, so I should be seeing her sometime within the next few days. I guess I am just a little bit frustrated as I put a lot of time into doing the homework for this class, going to the extra help sessions, and studying for the tests. I came away thinking that I did better. Oh well, we will see what comes of our meeting.
Good luck with that.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys.

Wow what a long weekend.

Saw Beth on Friday, and made some nice dinner when she got here. Allergies kicked the crap out of me on Saturday, but we still managed to get in a short ride on the road. Parents came up on Saturday night and brought my two new kittens with them as well. We watched the Family Guy movie on Saturday night and went out to a nice dinnner at a local italian place. Sunday I spent most of the day doing work around here, closing the pool and starting tearing up carpet in my room to lay hardwood floor.

Class cancelled this morning, so only 2 classes today. Awesome. Now if my ribs would stop hurting and my nose would unplug.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
We had a blast at our annual Take a Kid MTB'ing Day on Saturday.

Sunday the Miz in and I ate at Olive Garden and I bought a case of Dead Guy Ale for my Halloween Party.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Dropped my car off to be inspected and have some routine maintenance done and had to wait 40 minutes for a ride to school :mumble: So I feel like I am behind schedule today beause I gave up my whole free period to sit there and wait. I knew should have just brought my bike and rode the 8 or so miles.

Oh well...had a GREAT ride on Friday afterwork and am looking forward to spinning again afterwork. I am SO lucky to still be able to hit the trails and feel as good as I do. Looking forward to hanging with some friends this weekend and capturing their antics on film :devil:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Hey, everyone. Not much going on today. I had a chance to ride the new roadie over the weekend and it's sweet! But, it's back to the good stuff after work today when I'm taking the Kona to the woods at Vassar Farms :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
thanks.......heather asked if you had your baby yet

oh, and Wiley might have broke his wrist when we were DH'ing Saturday
Nice! I have to e-mail her...we haven't chatted in a while. So, where were you DHing? Wiley certainly does crash hard when he goes down!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
going into 2nd day soreness from first adventure race

we did the sport course, 2-3 mile paddle , 5-10 mtn bike, 2-3 mile trek with special 'obstacles' during the transition phase

the first one was a list we were allowed to study for 60 secs, then we had to run ~ 400 yards to answers questions about the list. a prefect score was required to move on, then same run back to transition area

the next challenge was to add numbers that we recorded at the .5 mile markers during the mtn bike leg, again only a correct answered permitted transition

the final challenge was to leap frog using 3 cinder blocks, standing on only 2 at a time (all team members had to stand on block) the catch was that one of the members was blind folded. falling off at any point required a restart.

once all the required checkpoints were accomplished there were bonus cps with each successful cp taking on hour off the total elapsed time.

my teammate and i came in 2nd in the 2 man sport team.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning people!!

Stosh sorry to hear that some a$$ is ripping ya off.. does he live anywhere remotely close??

Douglas...awesome job on the century, it feels great doesnt it??

I had a great weekend in maryland. Friday morning these two guys dragged me around duvaley valley (or called something like that) and i do mean dragged.. they didnt like to stop much and smell the roses ( so I can breath again) I am still aching from that one. The place was great though.. lots of rock and singletrack to ride on, a few technical areas. and a lot of flow!!!
Saturday My sisters friends..about 30 of them do a yearly 30 mile road ride through st. micheals. Its a beautiful part of Maryland and very scenic. afterwards we went to an all you can eat Crab buffet.. one heck of a day!!!!
Sunday we celebrated MOMs b-day with a nice breakfast i i headed back home.. all in all a great weekend!!!!!

Enjoy the day

J

JRB

hooples3 said:
<snip>Sunday we celebrated MOMs b-day with a nice breakfast i i headed back home.. all in all a great weekend!!!!!

Enjoy the day
So what did you end up getting her???

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
loco said:
So what did you end up getting her???
she is a kitchen gadget lover so I had to go with that toaster/egg poacher!!!! its perfect for her... oh yeah she likes egg mc muffins too!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning people!!

Stosh sorry to hear that some a$$ is ripping ya off.. does he live anywhere remotely close??

Douglas...awesome job on the century, it feels great doesnt it??

I had a great weekend in maryland. Friday morning these two guys dragged me around duvaley valley (or called something like that) and i do mean dragged.. they didnt like to stop much and smell the roses ( so I can breath again) I am still aching from that one. The place was great though.. lots of rock and singletrack to ride on, a few technical areas. and a lot of flow!!!
Saturday My sisters friends..about 30 of them do a yearly 30 mile road ride through st. micheals. Its a beautiful part of Maryland and very scenic. afterwards we went to an all you can eat Crab buffet.. one heck of a day!!!!
Sunday we celebrated MOMs b-day with a nice breakfast i i headed back home.. all in all a great weekend!!!!!

Enjoy the day
Hey you going to Woodstock this weekend?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning :monkey:s.

Big weekend. Friday night went out with the crew from work for a short bit, then rode the bike home from the bar. Changed, went out with friends to a local French joint for dinner. Hit a local brewpub for nightcaps.

Saturday I hung out with the boys in the a.m. while my wife did her thing, then headed to the Great American Beer Fest with my brewery-owning buddy from Fort Worth. Tasted probably 50-60 IPAs and double/Imperial IPAs at the fest. Went to the local pub/pool joint and played pool and drank beer until 1:30a.m.

Sunday did some yard work and then friends came over to install a climbing wall in the basement. Oh, and we did Oktoberfest, too. Grill full of brats, kraut, German potato salad, etc.... :drool:

Oh, and more beer. Paulaner Oktoberfest and Double Bock. Good stuff.

This morning I got up early and rode into work. I'm tired and hungry. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
then headed to the Great American Beer Fest with my brewery-owning buddy from Fort Worth. Tasted probably 50-60 IPAs and double/Imperial IPAs at the fest.
If ever there was an opportunity for a NBR picture thread, this would be it. :stosh:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Hello all.

:stosh: , glad to hear the comp is working. Don't catch it on fire, k?

I saw my father on Saturday, he's on vacation in CA from WY staying w/ my sister. It's the second time I've ever seen my father, the first time I saw him was 12 years ago, briefly. He came up to our house w/ my sister and their family for a BBQ. It was weird, but cool.

Sat night we went to the corn maze in Petaluma. 4 acres of terror. It took us over an hour to get out.

Sun I spent all day cleaning up trash and making runs to the landfill and pressure washing floors. My buddy is building a new recording studio in a building that my wife and I are leasing. The sublet tenants that were there totally trashed the place, so I had to go in and nuke it w/ cleaning products. Gross. They lived like chimps.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
corn ma(i)zes are cool :D

we did one last weekend, but it wasn't nearly as large. still, our 5 year old did all the navigating, and he got us out pretty quickly.

WarEagle2K

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Polandspring88 said:
Figured out Friday night that I got a 70 on that statics test I have been talking about all week. That displeases me very much as after the test I was confident that I had done extremely well. I will have to see what went wrong today, and the teacher can be sure she will hear about it. Weekend was ok I guess, stayed home Friday night. Saturday I guess I was supposed to go out on a date with some girl, but she never told me. When I came back that night from another girl's house at 12:30 at night, girl one was convinced that we had hooked up, and was angry with me. She then proceeded to spew forth some things that she had heard about me which included me dating two girls at the same time on many occassions. It was pretty funny, mainly because it was not true. Sunday I had the pleasure of going on a bike ride with my father. We only did 15 road miles, but it was relaxing and fun. Now to get that statics test back, do some homework and crank out a couple of essays today.
What was the class average? Most of my undergrad Engineering courses had low grades. You just have to stay above the botom feeders.

Good luck and hang in there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Not that I know of. Why?
My friends having a field party/drinking fest just north of New Paltz at his house.

It would probably be a campout. I'll talk to him tonight to see what the deal is with inviting guests.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
My friends having a field party/drinking fest just north of New Paltz at his house.

It would probably be a campout. I'll talk to him tonight to see what the deal is with inviting guests.
Where exactly are you going to be this weekend?

If you're anywhere near Woodstock, zip in and check out my LBS (Overlook Mountain Bikes) and you can witness where my paycheck goes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Where exactly are you going to be this weekend?

If you're anywhere near Woodstock, zip in and check out my LBS (Overlook Mountain Bikes) and you can witness where my paycheck goes.
Ha, I don't think it's as far up as Woodstock.
I think it's below Kingston but I'm not sure.
Would you guys be interested?
OH wait.....I forgot....

YOU GUYS DON'T LIKE CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!