Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
SkaredShtles said:
HIPPY!! You've been outed. :p
ah... not hippy just love old VW's I have had a bunch, 67bug, 69bug, 70bug(auto stick which sucked) 73 super beatle, 71 bus, 86 scirocco, 84 water pusher vanagon (which is my trail work/beach/surfboard hauling machine!)

the 84 is the only VW I still own. I want either a V-front bus, or a good multivan/weekender that I can do a subaru motor conversion on. gobs of power and reliability out the yin yang :thumb:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
brungeman said:
sounds great! how is your knee feeling?
Wow......what a great memory! Thanks for asking..........knee is slowly recovering. Still can't do any big jumps or drops on it just yet, but I've been rocking out lots of XC rides the last few weeks.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
JRB said:
Good morning. Rode a little and got hot. Finally started a thread about that dude that has my wheels that won't respond now. He was even on today. If anyone has a resource to back trace an addy or special ways to get contact info, please PM me.
PM me the info and I'll see what I can do, I've helped find a few people for other monkies, but no guarantees. :)

On a side note.....Good Morning Stosh! :D

Pretty lazy weekend, mostly house cleaning and some shopping. I think I need to stop feeding my bunny so much, I think it is getting fat :love:

Lots of work to do...have a great day everyone!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
MMcG said:
Won't you also need to get a double specific front and rear derailleur to make that conversion from triple to double??
The thing is the idiot who owned it previously installed a set of 2x9 Tiagra shifters on a 3x7 bike. I could only use the outer two chainrings anyway.

The 3 speed derailleur works well enough on the front so far by just adjusting the limit screws and the cable tension. We'll see how it rides long term though. Ideally I'd like to put on at least a 105 double front derailleur on it though (using a sora triple currently). Couldn't beat the crank deal though....Ultegra 6500 double for $23 shipped.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Greyhound said:
Wow......what a great memory! Thanks for asking..........knee is slowly recovering. Still can't do any big jumps or drops on it just yet, but I've been rocking out lots of XC rides the last few weeks.
that is great! don't worry about the big stuff, at least you are out pedalling!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
SkaredShtles said:
How much climbing? I'd estimate we did about 2500 vertical, 2100 of which were the first 4 miles. :dead:
about 10 feet!:rofl:

J/K it is one of the flatter spots around and probably only 300' elevation change over the whole area. I couldn't begin to tell you how many short climbs we did, and how much that added up to, but not a lot of long climbs!

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Not usually part of this thread but since I actually did stuff this weekend figured I'd post up!

Had some buddies crash at my house on Friday night - yummy dinner at Outback, back home to watch Roam and NSX 5 to motivate for the drive down to Diablo the next day. After less than 4 hours of sleep, up at 3:40 AM to start the round of showers so we could be on the road at 5 AM. A ridiculously slow stop at Dunkin Donuts to fuel up, pouring rain until we hit NY, but still made it to Warwick (about 15 or so min from Diablo) for a breakfast stop by around 8:30ish. That stop also took forever so I don't think we got all geared up and lift tickets and such until probably closer to 10 AM.

Had a blast and the conditions were pretty good considering all the NE rain in the past week - got nice and muddy and didn't hit some stuff that I thought I would try, but all in all a most excellent first day of DH for the season. Now I just have to convince myself to get off the Flume Drop, the highest Progression Drop (only made it to the middle one), and then maybe the Porch Drop before the end of the season.

Most everyone else was staying over and riding the next day so I hopped in the Xterra at 4 PM and hit the road back to MA. Went better than I expected, but the third Red Bull in as many hours (after having only a pack of Gu and a banana since breakfast) was a BIG mistake. Dang, even after being so exhausted I was wired until midnight! Next time I'll keep it to two Red Bulls and maybe try to remember to eat lunch. :rolleyes:

Yesterday the fatigue hit full-on. Managed only a 22 mile road ride but it felt more like 40 miles... Oh well, at least I got out for a spin. Dropped the RFX off a the shop afterwards so my Avy can go back for service. Hoping they can install the original Fox shock so that I can hit up 'Nam on Wed. And definitely anxious to hear the turnaround time on the Avy - if Craig isn't backed up, he told me its usually only a couple of days.

Other than that, back to work for a hectic Monday in the office! And daydreaming about when I can get back down to Diablo again. Man that place is just off the hook fun. :love:

And oh yeah, gotta mow the lawn when I get home. A weekend of play had me too exhausted to tackle it yesterday.

Hope everyone else has a good Monday!

Jen

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
brungeman said:
ah... not hippy just love old VW's I have had a bunch, 67bug, 69bug, 70bug(auto stick which sucked) 73 super beatle, 71 bus, 86 scirocco, 84 water pusher vanagon (which is my trail work/beach/surfboard hauling machine!)

the 84 is the only VW I still own. I want either a V-front bus, or a good multivan/weekender that I can do a subaru motor conversion on. gobs of power and reliability out the yin yang :thumb:
Good try, Hippy!! :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
PM me the info and I'll see what I can do, I've helped find a few people for other monkies, but no guarantees. :)

On a side note.....Good Morning Stosh! :D

Pretty lazy weekend, mostly house cleaning and some shopping. I think I need to stop feeding my bunny so much, I think it is getting fat :love:

Lots of work to do...have a great day everyone!

OHHHHHHHHHHH SCHIT, bringing in the big guns.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TurnerGrl said:
Not usually part of this thread but since I actually did stuff this weekend figured I'd post up!

Had some buddies crash at my house on Friday night - yummy dinner at Outback, back home to watch Roam and NSX 5 to motivate for the drive down to Diablo the next day. After less than 4 hours of sleep, up at 3:40 AM to start the round of showers so we could be on the road at 5 AM. A ridiculously slow stop at Dunkin Donuts to fuel up, pouring rain until we hit NY, but still made it to Warwick (about 15 or so min from Diablo) for a breakfast stop by around 8:30ish. That stop also took forever so I don't think we got all geared up and lift tickets and such until probably closer to 10 AM.

Had a blast and the conditions were pretty good considering all the NE rain in the past week - got nice and muddy and didn't hit some stuff that I thought I would try, but all in all a most excellent first day of DH for the season. Now I just have to convince myself to get off the Flume Drop, the highest Progression Drop (only made it to the middle one), and then maybe the Porch Drop before the end of the season.

Most everyone else was staying over and riding the next day so I hopped in the Xterra at 4 PM and hit the road back to MA. Went better than I expected, but the third Red Bull in as many hours (after having only a pack of Gu and a banana since breakfast) was a BIG mistake. Dang, even after being so exhausted I was wired until midnight! Next time I'll keep it to two Red Bulls and maybe try to remember to eat lunch. :rolleyes:

Yesterday the fatigue hit full-on. Managed only a 22 mile road ride but it felt more like 40 miles... Oh well, at least I got out for a spin. Dropped the RFX off a the shop afterwards so my Avy can go back for service. Hoping they can install the original Fox shock so that I can hit up 'Nam on Wed. And definitely anxious to hear the turnaround time on the Avy - if Craig isn't backed up, he told me its usually only a couple of days.

Other than that, back to work for a hectic Monday in the office! And daydreaming about when I can get back down to Diablo again. Man that place is just off the hook fun. :love:

And oh yeah, gotta mow the lawn when I get home. A weekend of play had me too exhausted to tackle it yesterday.

Hope everyone else has a good Monday!

Jen
Ahhhhhhhh where did you eat in Warwick??

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
stosh said:
Ahhhhhhhh where did you eat in Warwick??
I think it was called the Pioneer Restaurant? Only "real" breakfast joint we could find. To say it was greasy would be an understatement...I woulda been in real trouble if it had been a hot day of DH'ing. Did not settle well!

So if you have any suggestions of alternative places along that route...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TurnerGrl said:
I think it was called the Pioneer Restaurant? Only "real" breakfast joint we could find. To say it was greasy would be an understatement...I woulda been in real trouble if it had been a hot day of DH'ing. Did not settle well!

So if you have any suggestions of alternative places along that route...
There is a place called G's right on main street. Much better food!!!

I'm sure you passed it!