Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Dude, I checked and she said she doesn't want to go out with you so stop buggin me!
wait, ask her if she likes anyone as "more then a friend" GO ON ASK HER!!! :wave:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MtnBikerChk said:
I think in order to qualifiy for that title, he would have had to have said that he was going and then cancelled. I don't think he ever said we were going.
I think New Englanders who are 0 for 4 in Monkeyfest attendance need to keep their pieholes shut. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
wait, ask her if she likes anyone as "more then a friend" GO ON ASK HER!!! :wave:
Just rip a piece of paper out of your marble notebook and make boxes to check if she likes your or doesn't.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo...
Saturday - car broke down in Keene, NY, just miles away from our destination of Whiteface Mtn. 3 1/2 hours later, we're towed to Lake Placid (we sat in our car on top of the wrecker while climbing up the mtn! Scary!) and smack dab into the middle of the day before the Ironman competition. Hooked up with our pal Mike from Whiteface MTB Park who put us up! There were NO rooms in the town anywhere due the the Ironman! And the garage told us they'd "look at our car" by next Thursday - I think I blew the timing belt...So, I pull the DH bikes off the roof, break 'em down and bury them in the car and go get bus tickets for the next day, as we missed the ONLY bus back from LP...Mike has an awesome log cabin in the woods while somehow still being in Lake Placid proper.
Sunday - the bus stop has been moved 5 times due to the Ironman competition and everyone we talk to has a different and conflictual info (ie, "I'ved lived here 50 years and I ain't never seen the bus stop there!" It was a village of idiots!). Anyway, we get on the bus back home and get to see the whole Ironman bike course in reverse, as that's the bus route (and the only road out of town that hasn't been shut down). We get to see all the tri geeks struggling up the hills and mountains while others simply stop and piss on the road - wish I had the camera ready for that! Our pal Nate picks us up from the bus stop and at least we arrive home in style in his '69 primer gray Charger- I still smell like gas from it, though..at least we get in a quick xc ride to vent the frustration.

The car breakdown kills the 2nd half of my vacation - hitting up Whiteface on Sat, Jiminy on Sun and meeting the LI DH crew today at Diablo..So, the weekend essentially sucked but it could have been worse - could have been bombed by the Israelis or hit by Hezbollah rocket attacks. There is always next weekend!-picking up the car and hitting the 'Face on Sat then Jiminy and the Sinister skills clinic at Pedro Fest/Jiminy Sunday!

Oh, and Whiteface is having a 5k DH race in September?!?!?!WTF!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
splat said:
But imagine if Narlus did go too! then there would Be 5 Mods in One place :eek: think of the colusion of Power!!
That amount of power in one place would probably cause a tear in the very fabric of reality. It's just as well that narlus didn't go.

You wouldn't want monkeyfest ruined because all the monkeys in attendance were sucked through a void in space, would you?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
But imagine if Narlus did go too! then there would Be 5 Mods in One place :eek: think of the colusion of Power!!
:rofl:

Mods should not be allowed to interact outside the monkey. MBC and I might have to get a divorce in order to adhere to our strict system of checks and balances.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Hey Congrats and good luck Stosh!! Unfortunately that's all i can offer on THAT subject.

Weekend was great! (i think that's all i can offer on THAT subject too) :)

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
binary visions said:
So biggins finally quit calling and driving by every couple hours?
EXACTLY! :D He's such a pain in the... :agree: That's what i get for manipulating his image! :sneaky:

And so why don't i have a photo of you yet? (NC too huh..ok) :nope:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Today on the way to work it all just started to seem more real. I think I'll lay off the coffee for the rest of the day.
Come for a ride. That will relax you. Might be going Wed. if you want to sneak away for an hour. You'll be cool though. You and Aubrey are great together and if something weird should happen, just remember that Rob and I will be there to record and document it for the entire RM population :evil: ;)

Had an amazing weekend upstate. Rob pretty much summed it up, but it was really nice and relaxing. Put a new FSA bottom bracket on the Kona. Hopefully that'll eliminate the creaking.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
stosh said:
So... I'm getting married on Saturday....:o:
Good luck Stosh! :D

My weekend was fun, took my sheriff's exam on Saturday and did some riding on Sunday.......pics here.

I take the test for the S.D.P.D. on Thursday and then just sit and wait patiently. Other than that not too much going on.

Stosh, hope the wedding goes well and you have a wonderful honeymoon. Have a good day everyone! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good luck Stosh! :D

My weekend was fun, took my sheriff's exam on Saturday and did some riding on Sunday.......pics here.

I take the test for the S.D.P.D. on Thursday and then just sit and wait patiently. Other than that not too much going on.

Stosh, hope the wedding goes well and you have a wonderful honeymoon. Have a good day everyone! :)
Thanks!

I wish we had a small one like you now though!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
splat said:
But imagine if Narlus did go too!
Was Narlus not there? I could have sworn I heard a lot of obscure music* being played Fri. night?

*Which was in fact a Narlus punk mix CD Brungeman brought with him.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
YEAH! I think you and Aubrey are great together so you should definitely try to enjoy yourself!!!

We had a WONDERFUL weekend at monkeyfest! I was a little worried about how I would ride (haven't gotten nearly as much saddle time in as I had hoped after having the 'lil monkey) and how much I would miss Syd, but all went well.

This morning and last night I spent lots of time playing with Syd...she's SO much fun!!!!

Tonight I may ride...not 100% sure yet or not. My legs are SO scratched up from the berry bushes that I elected to go with pants during my lessons...no need to frighten my students ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
YEAH! I think you and Aubrey are great together so you should definitely try to enjoy yourself!!!

We had a WONDERFUL weekend at monkeyfest! I was a little worried about how I would ride (haven't gotten nearly as much saddle time in as I had hoped after having the 'lil monkey) and how much I would miss Syd, but all went well.

This morning and last night I spent lots of time playing with Syd...she's SO much fun!!!!

Tonight I may ride...not 100% sure yet or not. My legs are SO scratched up from the berry bushes that I elected to go with pants during my lessons...no need to frighten my students ;)
Thanks!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
I think New Englanders who are 0 for 4 in Monkeyfest attendance need to keep their pieholes shut. :D
well seeing as though i had no chance for the 1st two (ireland) or this one (family vacation), my piehole will remain O-shaped. :eviltongu not sure what was going on last year, but my fitness level was pretty bad, so xc riding in the vermont mountains wasn't high on the agenda.

'07 it is.

i'm still highly curious as to what activity usurped Monkeyfest on the baboon social calendar

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
good luck stosh!

this weekend was sweet, went up to whistler for crankworx. it was my first time, didnt get to ride any DH but rode a bunch of XC and willbe going back up in a few wks for some more ridng.

im bumming back at work knowing that theres all sorts of awsome stuff goin on up there and im here working with smelly kids :) cest la vie