Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How was everbody's weekend?

I went to probably the lamest wedding ever in Maine this past weekend. Thank god it was so freaking weird on all accounts that it was actually interesting and made for a somewhat enjoyable time.

Nothing much planned for the week aside from a few rides I hope to squeeze in after work.

Have a great day and a great week!!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning!! I had a decent weekend. The highlight was our 4.5 hour hooky ride Friday (see ride report). I also had a hockey game that night and rolled my ankle. It was killing me Saturday and was swollen pretty good. So, no riding Saturday (we had to attend a picnic anyway). I got out for a solo road ride yesterday and tried to push as hard as I could. 21 relatively flat miles and the best I could muster was a 16.6 avg. I suck at teh roadie. :(

Four day week this week, as me, MBC, splat, and splatette are heading up to Kingdom Trails Friday for a three day weekend!

:dancing:

Hopefully MBC can ditch work a bit early today so we can MTB tonight.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Pulled the road bike out of the mothballs and got in a 45+ mile ride yesterday. Did a short loop on the mtb Saturday morning after being sick on Friday and thought I was going to have to crawl back to the trail head dragging the bike behind.

Have a good Monday.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
awesome weekend, first kid-free weekend since may of '04. dropped the kids off @ my inlaws sat morning and headed out to Jiminy Peak. great day of riding...met up w/ our friends from NJ and NY, trails were in tip-top shape, no crashes, loads of fun.

heavy overnight rain and lingering mist meant that sunday was a washout; we'd only have a few hours on the mountain anyway, and my wife had so much fun riding sat that she didn't want to endure a miserable riding experience w/ wet roots so we headed home. bought a mattress; is 'bedding materials' the recommended 12th year anniversary present?

splat

Nam I am
Great Weekend ! Startd on friday with an Awesome ride. Saturday , did a Ride with the family on a rail trail , was lots o fun, and Yesterday i went and did some exploratory ride. found some trails I am going to haveto explore more. was an Awesome ride it today . and a 4 day work week :weee: then to the Kingdom for a Kid free weekend. ( we haven't had one in a while either )

narlus said:
is 'bedding materials' the recommended 12th year anniversary present?
Only if they are satin :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning.

Got up early yesterday morning (much to Jenn's chagrin) and went for a ride. Good to be out. Met a nice guy, Bob (I told him about the website, so if he's reading, Hi Bob! Thanks for pointing in the right direction). And made a new friend:

This is Lucy. She lives with her owner right near the trails, and runs the trails with the riders. I heard something jingling behind me about a quarter mile into the trail and looked behind to find her following me. She ran with me the entire way. When I stopped, she sat next to me and waited. When I started riding again, she followed. When I got into my car to go home, she went and laid down next to the trail head to await another rider.

Good dog! :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - Had a low key Saturday. And yesterday I went down to New York City with Laura, Liam and Connor to meet up with the rest of my family for a surprise 75th birthday party for my Mom. She was totally surprised and we all had a great day!! Pics to follow later.

I'm on vacation this week. Gotta break down the Surly today and get things ready for the Niner that should be on the way sometime today. :thumb:

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
I had a blast this weekend. Went out of town. Met some really cool new people. Shopped ;) Drank :love: Smoked :love: and played lots of Pool :cool:

Good times!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
whipped the tar out of all but one of the "kids" in the 40+ d.h. class at snowshoe.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Graphics said:
I had a blast this weekend. Went out of town. Met some really cool new people. Shopped ;) Drank :love: Smoked :love: and played lots of Pool :cool:

Good times!!
DrunkenNinja is that you?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Did a trail workday/ride on saturday (joined SORBA) then worked all afternoon yesterday. Headed out the door right now to ride for a couple hours this morning. Need to start a cycling log. New bike is great.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
(joined SORBA)
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :clue:

if you talk to strong man(or boy?) on their forum.
tell him i'm still waiting for him to come whip my @$$ at the rock.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
dhbuilder said:
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :clue:
Uh, thanks?

Mid TN chapter has done alot of good, actually. You'd be surprised of all the trails in Nashville now. I get paid for workdays through the shop I work for AND get to use the hours as community service for school. Maybe that's cheating...

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
DrunkinNinja must be before Graphic's time...:rolleyes:

I went to the Duryea Hillclimb race on Sat - same place in Reading, PA where they hold the DH race, except they race cars UP the mtn. Had a good time. And the most amazing part? My g/f actually suggested that I build up one of my cars into a hillclimb racer. :eek: I really don't think she understands what that means... :sneaky:

Excuse me... I gots some welding to do... :wave:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Graphics said:
Did you want me to? Can I atleast finish my coffee? :love:

So what's the reference to DrunkenNinja? :rolleyes:
He was a colorful RM member. He hasn't been around in a while but one of the last time he was on he was high and got picked on.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Got back from a much needed vacation on Saturday up at Killington. Weather was great and the views were incredible. Managed to get in a few days of riding, golfing, and other activities while we were there. Here are a few pictures of the trip.

Killington Golf Course

Downhilling on Killington (Dad and brother's first time DHing)

Quechee Gorge

Fort Ticonderoga

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
awesome weekend, first kid-free weekend since may of '04. dropped the kids off @ my inlaws sat morning and headed out to Jiminy Peak. great day of riding...met up w/ our friends from NJ and NY, trails were in tip-top shape, no crashes, loads of fun.

heavy overnight rain and lingering mist meant that sunday was a washout; we'd only have a few hours on the mountain anyway, and my wife had so much fun riding sat that she didn't want to endure a miserable riding experience w/ wet roots so we headed home. bought a mattress; is 'bedding materials' the recommended 12th year anniversary present?
Awesome man!!!

Is that you?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Raced the 18 Hours on the Farm on a Duo team this weekend. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride, got second place. Best facilites for a race I have ever been to. The venue was a large Boy Scout camp that isn't used this time of year as kids are going back to school. Flush toilets and showers everywhere, we rented a cabin that had electricity and Air Conditioned thanks to my friend Dennis. After the race everyone got a free breakfast that along with the normal stuff included pork tenderloin:drool:

Edit: one disturbing even from the weekend occured when one of the leading duo team members was taken out of the game when a battery litterally exploded on the recharging table, he suffered some nasty acid burns. Luckily he eyes and face were untouched and several children playing nearby were unharmed.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
after a phenomenal wedding friday night at a castle ..it was up early for work the next day. sunday we came out to the hamptons and today ill be sipping mudslides poolside all day. I think I will have to spread this out until at least wednesday

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
after a phenomenal wedding friday night at a castle ..it was up early for work the next day. sunday we came out to the hamptons and today ill be sipping mudslides poolside all day. I think I will have to spread this out until at least wednesday
Yuck @ Mudslides.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hey all. Total Plattekill weekend - practiced all day Saturday, probably to my detriment because I woke up Sunday feeling like I got run over...The course (for sport) was stepped up technically and was excellent. Again a long course - 5+ minute race runs. It included a fresh cut and very long twisty shale filled chute that changed every time you rode it (along with the 13 hours of rain we got overnight into Sunday). There were a few smallish drops, less than 4 feet) and some techy singletrack with shale jumps set up. Finally, you dumped out of the woods onto the bunny ski trail, hit a berm then a largeish jump with a good 500 feet of all out sprint to the finish.

Sunday - I felt like crap but tried my best - hit all the technical stuff with no probs but the several long straightaway sprints got to me and I ended up 4th. I think I also tweaked my derailler or hanger because I had a lot of ghost shifting in my race run as well. I was a bit disappointed with my time but it was all fun nonetheless.

EDIT: getting older stinks! This weekend renewed my tendonitus on BOTH elbows - I could barely hold on to my bars near the end and it still hurts to straighten my arms out...where's the Nuprin??!?!?!

psychobiker

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
charlotte nc
rode the old pro course at SS then the east side for my first time there. it was really dry and fast saturday.. when i got there i was greeted by a med black bear, i new i would get a warm welcome but i was not expecting that. great riding and great food. i did go crashing of the lincoln log but that was my only tumble....great place but it rained for monster park

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh

I had a good weekend at Mammoth with a good group of friends, but on the way home I got the call from my parents I had been hoping for the last two weeks wouldn't come...my grandmother passed away yesterday afternoon.

Anyone know where to find cheap airline tickets on short notice?

Hope everyone has a good day :)