Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a nice weekend!
Friday night Beth and Rob came over and we went out to dinner for some Korean food and we had a blast.

Saturday I spent the day running around. It started off with breakfast at Denny's and then a trip to local ski swap where I bought Aubrey a set of last years ski's and boots for a VERY early Christmas present.
Then we had Christenings and B-day parties the rest of the day.

Sunday I spent the day wiring my xterra up for this thing...

We bought it from Aubrey's uncle so cheap it was almost free!!

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
Morning all Monkeys, I had a very fun weekend working on my house, went hiking Sunday just for a break. Every joint in my body hurts:poster_oops: Stosh I thought you didn't camp, Beth and Rob, you guys go biking Saturday?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a pretty good weekend. Friday night I had a good dinner out (mmmm, NY strip steak :drool: ), saturday I had some quality time with the kids, Sunday was busy as heck... rode, mowed, visited my brother, got a new bed, setup said bed, walked the dogs, had dinner with my parents, watched some football. After all that, you'd think I'd get a pretty good night's sleep - but no... couldn't sleep last night, so today I'm dragging.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How Big is that pop up ? Whats it got in it ?

Was a Good weekend , Didn't do much on Saturday , but sunday I did an Impromtu Century . 101 miles in 6:02
I'm not sure of the length but it sleeps 8 people.
It's just got the basic, stove, sink, and a heater. It needs a good one-over but we did a quick clean job last night and it looks to be in good shape.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning all Monkeys, I had a very fun weekend working on my house, went hiking Sunday just for a break. Every joint in my body hurts:poster_oops: Stosh I thought you didn't camp, Beth and Rob, you guys go biking Saturday?
I LOVE CAMPING! WTF are you talking about?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yesterday they said rain & t-storms, but it turned out to under an hour of light rain then the sun came out!. I started the day watching some of my friends doing a cross race, then mudhunny #1 & me went riding for about 3 hours. I'm suppose to go riding w/ mudhunny #2 tonight. And I have plans to ride with mudhunny # 3 Thursday. Ahhh..yes, sometimes its good to be Tequila Doug :D

Oh, and if you get a chance to see Banff's "Radical Reels", do it - some damn cool short movies!!

http://www.banffcentre.ca/mountainculture/radicalreels/

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Weekend was decent. Spent Sat. at a friend's new house helping paint. Yesterday my sister-in-law came over and our kids played together all day. I actually spent the day messing around with the new version of iTunes. And then this morning I got an bitchy email from the guy that bought my Kona on ebay. He says he had to spend $108 at his LBS to bring the bike up to a level where he "felt safe" riding it. :rolleyes: Hopefully this week will fly by, headed to the NEK Friday! :) Have a good day people!

Oh, and Stosh, that pop-up is MINT!! I've been thinking about getting one for a while.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a pretty good weekend. Friday night I had a good dinner out (mmmm, NY strip steak :drool: ), saturday I had some quality time with the kids, Sunday was busy as heck... rode, mowed, visited my brother, got a new bed, setup said bed, walked the dogs, had dinner with my parents, watched some football. After all that, you'd think I'd get a pretty good night's sleep - but no... couldn't sleep last night, so today I'm dragging.

Can you make the ride this Saturday at Stewart?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
then mudhunny #1 & me went riding for about 3 hours. I'm suppose to go riding w/ mudhunny #2 tonight. And I have plans to ride with mudhunny # 3 Thursday. Ahhh..yes, sometimes its good to be Tequila Doug :D
Which one is coming with you this weekend?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning all. Weekend was decent. Spent Sat. at a friend's new house helping paint. Yesterday my sister-in-law came over and our kids played together all day. I actually spent the day messing around with the new version of iTunes. And then this morning I got an bitchy email from the guy that bought my Kona on ebay. He says he had to spend $108 at his LBS to bring the bike up to a level where he "felt safe" riding it. :rolleyes: Hopefully this week will fly by, headed to the NEK Friday! :) Have a good day people!

Oh, and Stosh, that pop-up is MINT!! I've been thinking about getting one for a while.
Thanks man!
The Xterra does a great job towing it too!!
Aubrey and I have been looking at them for literally years when all of a sudden her uncle bought one used then decided a month later he didnt' want it.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Road a hardtail for the first time (last time I might add) in awhile on Friday. That left me very unhappy. Saturday trimmed the bushes, mowed the lawn and cleaned up spiderwebs from the windows and garage. That led to a couple of scary encounters (one of the big black and yellow spiders crawling across the back of my hand and a big brown spider that jumped at me). Dhgirlie would have shat herself.

Nice 60 miles on the road bike Sunday morning, followed by the Panthers finally getting off the snide and winning. Then a nice long nap.

The next two weeks are going to suck.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sweet!! My wife has talked about wanting one of those! sleeps 8 , that means 4 comfortably.
Well the 2 sitting areas convert as usual and if you have kids it's great for them to sleep there.

I wouldn't try to sleep 8 adults in a pop-up no matter how big it is.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got in a great 4 hour trail ride on Saturday. Was trying to keep up with my friend Bob and came into an off camber corner too fast and clipped and augered my face into the ground. Have some nice road rash on the side of my face, it really highlights my cheekbones.

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
Hi kids. I'm not working since I had shoulder surgery, so every day is the weeked for me. Any way, the past 2 days were pretty good. I have a friend who is civil engineer. Every year he gets tickets to a huge clam bake put on by Local 17 laborers. These guys know how to throw a party. Clams, clams, and more clams, hot and cold. When you have had enough clams (like that's possible), they have sausge/peppers, hotdogs, hamburgers, and more clams. During all of this, the Bud Hummer is pumping out beer like it's going out of style.:cheers: I think they had clams there too. Later in the day, they serve diner consisting of a nice steak, 2 potatoes, corn on the cob, and, do I really have to say it?, MORE CLAMS!
There's always a bunch of politicians there too. It's a huge networking event for the leaders of the various munucipalities, union leaders, workers etc. They raffled off 2 very nice guns - one shot gun and one muzzle loader - a few cordless power tool kits and had a 50/50. I didn't win the raffles, but I did liberate about $50 from the guys at our table gambling. By the time it was over I figured it was 10 or 11 pm, but it was only 7, so we went out.

Sunday we went to Campmor and EMS in Jersey, only to find out they were both closed. Something about black laws or blue laws. Not sure which. Still a good day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hi kids. I'm not working since I had shoulder surgery, so every day is the weeked for me. Any way, the past 2 days were pretty good. I have a friend who is civil engineer. Every year he gets tickets to a huge clam bake put on by Local 17 laborers. These guys know how to throw a party. Clams, clams, and more clams, hot and cold. When you have had enough clams (like that's possible), they have sausge/peppers, hotdogs, hamburgers, and more clams. During all of this, the Bud Hummer is pumping out beer like it's going out of style.:cheers: I think they had clams there too. Later in the day, they serve diner consisting of a nice steak, 2 potatoes, corn on the cob, and, do I really have to say it?, MORE CLAMS!
There's always a bunch of politicians there too. It's a huge networking event for the leaders of the various munucipalities, union leaders, workers etc. They raffled off 2 very nice guns - one shot gun and one muzzle loader - a few cordless power tool kits and had a 50/50. I didn't win the raffles, but I did liberate about $50 from the guys at our table gambling. By the time it was over I figured it was 10 or 11 pm, but it was only 7, so we went out.

Sunday we went to Campmor and EMS in Jersey, only to find out they were both closed. Something about black laws or blue laws. Not sure which. Still a good day.

ROFL don't you just HATE that NJ is closed on Sundays. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
yesterday they said rain & t-storms, but it turned out to under an hour of light rain then the sun came out!. I started the day watching some of my friends doing a cross race, then mudhunny #1 & me went riding for about 3 hours. I'm suppose to go riding w/ mudhunny #2 tonight. And I have plans to ride with mudhunny # 3 Thursday. Ahhh..yes, sometimes its good to be Tequila Doug :D
This post is worthless without pics of said Mudhunnies 1,2 and 3!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Oh yeah, I have a very important interview in Boston tomorrow. If you pray, keep me in your prayers, and if you don't just wish me good luck.

Thanks!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Super sore this morning. Several of us spent Friday and Saturday in the Wilson's Creek area of Pisgah NF riding our asses off. On Sat. we did about 17 miles on the 1st leg and then another 7-8 on another trail in the ORV park.

I got an unbeliveable cramp in my leg at about mile 14 and it felt like a giant vice clamping down on my quad for the rest of the ride. It was so painful I had to drop the bike a few times and hobble off to the side of the trail and try to work it out. I had never had cramping issues before, so this was completely new territory for me. S'Ok though.......it takes more than a bum stick and a few big climbs to wipe the smile off my face. We had a blast!! Lots of great DH and a ton of laughs. Can't wait to get back!!

Sunday was spent trying to gain sympathy from the wife for my soreness---it worked for a little while, but then she caught on to my game quickly!! :busted:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
washed out weekend, riding-wise...headed to Mt Snow for our annual get together w/ some old mtbr friends, and it's usually a blast. well, not so much this time...i couldn't secure my dad and his wife for sitting duties, so that meant only one of us could ride @ any given time, and saturday the chairlift was non-operational and they didn't open another one. :mad:

so that was pretty much a wasted day, although miles had fun in the little dirt jump area. the big dinner in the evening was great though, and it was fun catching up w/ everyone and drinking some great wine. awesome chili too.

sunday they had the lift going, so hil rode w/ some people...i let a friend borrow my front brake as his was dead, and i ended up not riding as we didn't want to spend a whole day there (weather was pretty crap too; some downpours followed by light rain, then patches of no rain). oh well.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone. Picked out fixtures and appliances for the house this weekend.

Here's the latest:

:banana:

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
ROFL don't you just HATE that NJ is closed on Sundays. :)
Yeah. I have heard of no beer or liquor on Sunday, but no outdoor gear? It wasn't too bad though, we ended up at the new mall in Nyack. Lots of scenery there.:brows: Some of it was even legal.:banana:

Got in a great 4 hour trail ride on Saturday. Was trying to keep up with my friend Bob and came into an off camber corner too fast and clipped and augered my face into the ground. Have some nice road rash on the side of my face, it really highlights my cheekbones.
Umm, pics?

Speaking of pics, I am seeing the doc today to get the stitches out of my shoulder. He took pics of the inside of my shoulder during the surgery. Can't wait to post 'em up.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Oh, and if you get a chance to see Banff's "Radical Reels", do it - some damn cool short movies!!

http://www.banffcentre.ca/mountainculture/radicalreels/
Nice! Doug & the mudhunnies...sounds like a band :cheers:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Spent the weekend with the inlaws for yet another wedding. Had a nice time. Picked some fresh apples and hung out with the kid. She LOVE RC cars and 4 wheelers! Today I am hoping to get out for a ride but we'll see. I need to give more love to my jekyll before the weekend or else I will be on the SS. I am also finalizing the menu for Monkeyfest so that should be up soon as well. We need to confirm a few more people or else the cost is going to have to go up a little :( Other than that...the usual, making copies and teaching lessons.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Dass ight... gotta keeps da pimp hand strong! YO!! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BV good job keeping the house small!

I love small houses that make the most of the space!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
what was supposed to be a uneventful weekend ended up being just the opposite!

Friday, Octoberfest... UmPah music including "NO BEER IN HEAVEN!" WHOOT WHOOT! lots of BEER.... Penn Brewing's Octoberfest! MMmmm...

Sat. rested a bit, then went with Bek to straighten out some crap at the bank (time to get another bank!)

then off to the bike shop to install BB #3 into my yeti! this time it wasn't a RaceFace, so I should be good to go!

Sunday, Manhattan and I went out to the local race series, where the first race was a "singletrack time trial" that was the first time I had ever done that, and I ended up cramping up (stomach cramps) after eating a Gu! anyone else have that happen?

I didn't do great, but Manhattan hung in there and did pretty respectable to say the least! We are waiting for the results to be posted.

Spent the rest of the day moving a bunch of storage bins away from my hotwater heater! as if I dont have enough to do, I have to install a new one tonight!

My dog had some strange freakout last nigh at around midnight, and I stayed up with her for a while untill she felt better, then couldn't fall asleep!

ARGH... Rant over!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning monkies. Had a nice time with Stosh, Aubrey and Rob on Fri.

Went for a very impromptou ride Sat. with Rob and had a blast! The leaves were gorgeous, the trails were in great condition and, before we knew it, we banged out 11 miles in a couple of hours with some decent climbs too.

Received an early christmas gift from Rob: X9 shifters and a brand new '07 X9 dehrailer. It's purdy. Threw some new grips on the bike and a new saddle and felt really confident out there!