Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man do Monday's suck!

Anyway my GF is on an interview for a full time teaching position next year. So that rocks but other than that Monday's suck!

How was everybody's weekend? I got to meet MMcG which totally rocked!

I got some work to do so I have to keep it short.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Man do Monday's suck!

Anyway my GF is on an interview for a full time teaching position next year. So that rocks but other than that Monday's suck!

I agree mondays suck, my Sunday kinda sucked too

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Stosh,

Hey great to meet you and your GF on Saturday.

For all you monkeys out there - Stosh is a cool guy, and also Phil - who posts in the buy and sell primarily - is also a top notch Monkey. I picked up my new (used) frame from him on Saturday and he spent a good couple of hours building my bike up for me and getting everything dialed in for me.

Yesterday I did a 50 mile road ride for MS with IAB and MBC and that was awesome. Felt good to push myself hard at the end of the ride - last 7 or 8 miles or so.

Looking forward to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight. Go Calgary!!! :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Saturday morning I replaced my hot water heater. The section of the carpet that got wet started to smell so I had to rip it out. Saturday night some old friends from college were travelling through town and stopped for the night, good times.

There has been way too much rain and trails were probably too wet to ride. Trying to get in some last minute training for the 24 hours of Dalton. Went on a very hard 5 hour road up and down the blue ridge mountains. We were either climbing up really steep roads or screaming down at 50mph+.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG, did you get to see inside Stosh's girlfriend's purse?! :devil:

"When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?"

"No.. No, man. Sh*t, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man."

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning :monkey:s!

Had an AWESOME weekend! Friday night went for a very short ride (shifting issues) and then Echo, Instigator, Deyv & Isabel arrived for the weekend. Saturday, went to solo competition with a few students in the morning and then I was off to meet Echo, Instigator, Deyv, Isabel, Squirrel, Tweek & Stuntmatty at Plattekill for some DH riding. Overall, a fun time...a little sore from a couple o' nice wipe-outs, but good times were had. :D

Sunday we rode XC at Spier Falls for quite some time (a little over 4 hours) and beat ourselves up quite nicely. Managed to see some tiny baby turkeys and a not-so-happy momma turkey guarding nearby.

Then it was get cleaned up, cook up some more speedies n' slaw and our guests were off!

We really had a blast and can't wait to do it again!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Saturday morning I replaced my hot water heater. The section of the carpet that got wet started to smell so I had to rip it out. Saturday night some old friends from college were travelling through town and stopped for the night, good times.

There has been way too much rain and trails were probably too wet to ride. Trying to get in some last minute training for the 24 hours of Dalton. Went on a very hard 5 hour road up and down the blue ridge mountains. We were either climbing up really steep roads or screaming down at 50mph+.

Yeah I'm hoping to get on my bike a few times this week and this weekend. It rained most of the weekend but I'm going to get my butt handed to me at MBW I can see it coming.

That sucks about your carpet getting wet. Glad to hear you got your HW heater fixed though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
Man do Monday's suck!

Good luck to your GF. What school district is she interviewing in?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i just now dried up from my two weekend rides and have a day off from the weather. i should rest up, but i'm contemplating going for a spin in the mountains. :dancing:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Yeah I'm hoping to get on my bike a few times this week and this weekend. It rained most of the weekend but I'm going to get my butt handed to me at MBW I can see it coming.

That sucks about your carpet getting wet. Glad to hear you got your HW heater fixed though.
If things are too wet try jogging. It sucks but 20-30 minutes here and there can do a lot of good.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
I picked up my new (used) frame from him on Saturday and he spent a good couple of hours building my bike up for me and getting everything dialed in for me.
PICTURES PLEASE! :monkey:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Good luck to your GF. What school district is she interviewing in?
Pine Bush (blah blah blah blah blah bl ah blah = The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters)

I hate the new RM formatt.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
If things are too wet try jogging. It sucks but 20-30 minutes here and there can do a lot of good.

My knees/shins can't support jogging thanks to years of skateboarding

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
same thing here... knees kill me. but also shins. I get shin splints really easily..

weekend sucked. at least it rained... I was on the couch all weekend with something that felt like the flu

can't wait for MBW stosh. got my ticket friday I'm with you stosh, I'm going to get my as$ kicked since I haven't been able to ride in almost a month...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. I had a great weekend. On Sat I meet up with my usual riding crew for a 4.5 hour ride down at Buffalo Creek. Weather was awesome. Trail was a lot more sandy than the last time I was there, but I needed the workout. Went to bed early, then spent a good part of Sun working on the yard. Killed lots of weeds and put down over 1500 sq ft of weed barrier in preparation for putting down rock. Hopefully that'll happen next weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin all. I had a great weekend. On Sat I meet up with my usual riding crew for a 4.5 hour ride down at Buffalo Creek. Weather was awesome. Trail was a lot more sandy than the last time I was there, but I needed the workout. Went to bed early, then spent a good part of Sun working on the yard. Killed lots of weeds and put down over 1500 sq ft of weed barrier in preparation for putting down rock. Hopefully that'll happen next weekend.

Hey did you get that file I sent you the other day?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
same thing here... knees kill me. but also shins. I get shin splints really easily..

weekend sucked. at least it rained... I was on the couch all weekend with something that felt like the flu

can't wait for MBW stosh. got my ticket friday I'm with you stosh, I'm going to get my as$ kicked since I haven't been able to ride in almost a month...

I'm going to need to do some serious last minute training this week for what it's worth.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
yea I heard you on that one...

maybe if I can get home before the sun drops I'll get a few minutes in. I need to do a tuning first though. something has been squeeking lately

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Whats happenin Stosh?!

My weekend ROCKED!

Saturday was my first DH race ever. I was pretty nervous but knew it was going to be fun.

I decided to enter sport class instead of expert because the experts wanted to do two laps on the new course that was made and take the best time of the runs. I wanted to do a run on the old course and new and best combined times win. that way you have to do well on each and no second tries.

I was about the 4th person to go out of 6 people i believe. My time was a 1:48 which was the 1st place time but another guy there ran a 1:52. I had the choice to go last so i did. I really thought he was going to beat my time but got a 1:49. I decided not to take my second run because i thought they were going to let me run it with the experts and time me but not include me in the standings, turns out they were just gonna let me ride the course and thats it. I woulda tried to better my time if i knew that. oh well! It was a sweet weekend!

oh yeh, i also met up with someone new that lives close to where i work that has land and we are going to build INSANE northshore. I know you guys love pics so here they come! sorry 56k....

The first pic is the only one i have from the race i have so far. I'll have more later. Its the last jump on the sport course. I think its 30' to the transition or something.

the rest are of the new land we have to build on. It has a couple things already built that either need rebuilt or have some serious structural work done to them.

enjoy!

Attachments

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
yea I heard you on that one...

maybe if I can get home before the sun drops I'll get a few minutes in. I need to do a tuning first though. something has been squeeking lately

Ditto, I need to do some serious tuning on my rear Der. this week as well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
yellowfox said:
Whats happenin Stosh?!

My weekend ROCKED!

Saturday was my first DH race ever. I was pretty nervous but knew it was going to be fun.

I decided to enter sport class instead of expert because the experts wanted to do two laps on the new course that was made and take the best time of the runs. I wanted to do a run on the old course and new and best combined times win. that way you have to do well on each and no second tries.

I was about! (snip)

Congradulations!!!
That first pic is sweet!!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
My weekend Fvcking sucked. This hot as hell girl and i work together so afterwork on friday we decide to go out to happy hour. All is well and we end up getting pretty drunk on dos Equis :thumb: she asks me if i want to go help her pick out a skirt at the nearby mall so we could go out later that night. Well we go to the mall pick out the skirt, and proceed to leave the mall. I am just about to open the passenger door for her when i put my key in and the whole lock core comes out of the door. (i forgot to add that the driver side lock was busted) so now I am looking real slick totally unable to get into my car. She ends up having a freind pick her up and i call the police and AAA. After 3 hours of being unable to open my car AAA finally gets me in and i start the car only to find out that the security system cant be disabled becuase there is no working locks in order to disengage this ****. So i Call a freind to pick me and we go out to the bars to meet the chick i went out with earlier. All is well and we are having fun until she takes off and i have no idea where she is. After a few drunk calls i relize she is "spending the night somewhere else" so i go home. Saturday i had my car towed to the dealership and go out to another club to meet the same chick. Only to find her all over everyone, and in her drunken words she told me "i had slept with someone else last night". So now im all pissed off and i decide to leave after about 10 beers. I get outiside of the club and relize now that a man was fatally shot right outside...this weekend keeps getting better. Well anyway to end this novel i had a huge hangover on sunday and now im sitting here on this glorius monday morn in my cubical while the sun shines outstide. Just got off the phone with the VW dealership $300 for the car. FVCK!..and all my riding gear is in the trunk. yeah my weekend was awesome.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
My weekend Fvcking sucked. This hot as hell girl and i work together so afterwork on friday we decide to go out to happy hour. All is well and we end up getting pretty drunk on dos Equis :thumb: she asks me if i want to go help her pick out a skirt at the nearby mall so we could go out later that night. Well we go to the mall pick out the skirt, and proceed to leave the mall. I am just about to open the passenger door for her when i put my key in and the whole lock core comes out of the door. (i forgot to add that the driver side lock was busted) so now I am looking real slick totally unable to get into my car. She ends up having a freind pick her up and i call the police and AAA. After 3 hours of being unable to open my car AAA finally gets me in and i start the car only to find out that the security system cant be disabled becuase there is no working locks in order to disengage this ****. So i Call a freind to pick me and we go out to the bars to meet the chick i went out with earlier. All is well and we are having fun until she takes off and i have no idea where she is. After a few drunk calls i relize she is "spending the night somewhere else" so i go home. Saturday i had my car towed to the dealership and go out to another club to meet the same chick. Only to find her all over everyone, and in her drunken words she told me "i had slept with someone else last night". So now im all pissed off and i decide to leave after about 10 beers. I get outiside of the club and relize now that a man was fatally shot right outside...this weekend keeps getting better. Well anyway to end this novel i had a huge hangover on sunday and now im sitting here on this glorius monday morn in my cubical while the sun shines outstide. Just got off the phone with the VW dealership $300 for the car. FVCK!..and all my riding gear is in the trunk. yeah my weekend was awesome.

Bwahhhhhhhh I remember when that stuff used to happen in college sometimes... thank god I'm older now.... minus the shooting....

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
stosh said:
Congradulations!!!
That first pic is sweet!!
Thanks! hopefully someone got a pic of this boulder drop we have. You ride up about 6' to the top then it slopes down pretty steep to a drop. Well i was goin to fast up the entrance part to it and caught air over top of the rock and almost landed towards the bottom. My tire had to be really close to just falling off the backside. It was scary. I just hope someone snapped a pic!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Im still in college i guess that is why it is still happening, usually i work something out ;) but i guess i just couldnt pull it this time. I dunno, its not over yet...hopefully there will be some tail down at snowshoe.. :dancing:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yellowfox said:
Thanks! hopefully someone got a pic of this boulder drop we have. You ride up about 6' to the top then it slopes down pretty steep to a drop. Well i was goin to fast up the entrance part to it and caught air over top of the rock and almost landed towards the bottom. My tire had to be really close to just falling off the backside. It was scary. I just hope someone snapped a pic!

are you talking about snowshoe?

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh!

Got to try snorkeling this weekend...it rocked!

This morning walked into work to find the place flooded because the hot water heater decided to leak....should be a fun day! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh!

Got to try snorkeling this weekend...it rocked!

This morning walked into work to find the place flooded because the hot water heater decided to leak....should be a fun day! :)

Westy can fix that for ya. See his post earlier in this thread.