Quantcast

~~~Good Monday Morning!!!~~~

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
How was everyone's weekend?

Sorry couldn't wait any longer.

I mainly was on the road all day Saturday and moved into my place on Sunday to yes I am here and settled.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Morning

Congrats on being in the new house. Lots of unpacking to do, or are you pretty well settled in?

Had a good weekend. Saturday was spent getting things unpacked (I swear, the unpacking is never going to end). Sunday had a 25th wedding anniversary party for my aunt/uncle. Then squeezed in a quick ride before it got dark.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good morning.

Had a great weekend... Basically, didn't do very much! Spent much of it on my porch, out and about in town, and at a nice cookout on Saturday night.

Came in this morning to find out that my coworkers had baked me a cake and made me a card for my birthday tomorrow - very nice of them.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning.

Didnt do much over here, went on a nice 10mi ride on my newly built Titan on saturday, then went car shopping that afternoon. Got to test drive a suby:D:D:D

Then just kinda sat around yesterday till I couldnt procrastinate homework anymore.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Friday night I visited the local watering hole only to find out that my old roomate's ex-girlfiend was tending bar. Free IPA all night!! WooHoo!!!

Sat. I worked, Sun. I worked. At least Friday rocked!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
After a few weeks of slacking because of rain and/or back pain, I finally had a good weekend with 2 decent rides. Yesterday I rode my Blur for the first time in forever, and it's official that I'm faster on my singlespeed now. Apparently I get lazy with gears, I gotta step it up :mumble:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Ugh...back to getting up early and rush hour commutes...:dead: :p

Had a good weekend. Rode both days at Big Bear and tried some new sections that I had not been able to do before and cleared them. :D

Have a good day!

J

JRB

Howdy - had some good rides and took one big ass nap yesterday afternoon. I want to quit my job and sleep all day.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
mornin everyone.
i was supposed to go race at Pkill this weekend, but a dirt jumping crash gave me a nasty shoulder seperation. no riding for me for a few weeks :angry:
friday night- partied hardy with a 12 pack of long trail and a bottle of Knob Creek. was at a party and ran into all these people i haven't seen in a long time. good times...
saturday- cleaned my room and passed out at 10. since i got back to school it's been a wild party for the past week. i needed some rest.
classes started on wednesday, but today is the first real day of classes. luckily i've got myself an awesome schedule. no classes before 11! woohoo!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Howdy every one,

Had a good weekend. went for a 35 mile road ride, and of course, it was friggen hot outside. I'm doing a cenutry in feburary and im counting down the days. :thumb:

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Had an "eh..." weekend... took the g/f out to dinner Friday night... Sunday we did a miniature show in north Jersey... Can't remember what I did Saturday, so it must not have been very exciting... :dead:

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
chicodude01 said:
Had a good weekend. went for a 35 mile road ride, and of course, it was friggen hot outside. I'm doing a cenutry in feburary and im counting down the days. :thumb:
Centuries seem to be more psychological than anything else, IMO. Every organized one I've ridden I did with minimal prep; "hey, there's a century ride this w/e - you going?" "Umm... Sure!" Just eat and drink a lot at the stops. If you can do a 60 mile ride solo, a 100 in a group is cake.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I Worked at school on the Show I am designing all day Saturday, watched football and then went BACK to school from 5-11 Yesterday. Now I have class.

In theatre, its like you dont even have weekends.........

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. No riding again for me this weekend. Did nothing but work on the fence I'm building around my front yard. The hardest part of digging all the post holes (19) and setting the posts in concrete is done. Hanging the pickets is cake and I decided that a paint sprayer is definitely needed to paint the darn thing. It's starting to come together. Here's the northeast corner with a coat of primer on it:

Edit: Oh yeah, I did watch a bit of football also. Florida State sucks. Arkansas sucks. Missouri sucks. Nebraska sucks. Everyone sucks. Colorado State...ok, they had an excuse for losing, but they still suck.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
just a word of advice, i know this may sound stupid but the company next to where i work hired a bunch of goons with a spayer to paint their fence. At lunch we walked out to find white specs of paint all over our cars!
After many a threatened lawsuits, they paid each of us 150 to get our cars detailed.
It wasn't coming off with soap and water, it needed to be buffed out and scraped off the windows etc.
It was a mess of course the goons with the sprayer were most likely not exactly legal workers and took off. So we had to get the company to pay.

anyway.....

another slow monday..........

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
DVNT said:
just a word of advice, i know this may sound stupid but the company next to where i work hired a bunch of goons with a spayer to paint their fence. At lunch we walked out to find white specs of paint all over our cars!
Thanks for the heads-up. I live on a corner and people do park their cars along the south side of my house. I have a couple of drop clothes and I'll use these if needed to cover their cars when I spray.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I tore something in my right knee during an erbon ride on Friday night... so I am injured (again :think: )for a bit... I swear - its been the worst season for me injury wise... If it was a broken arm or something, that would be a different story, but these little tendon tears or old injuries that need physical therapy... yadda yadda... starting to drive me nuts...

so, I just futzed around the house most of the weekend - made a trellis for my front porch for some vines to grow on next year... and finally put the first coat of poly on my resurfaced hardwood floors...

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
pixelninja said:
Missouri sucks.
<sarcasm>
What do you mean Missouri sucks? In the olden days they would have blown that game by 20 points instead of just 10. That was damn near a victory.
</sarcasm>

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
....oh yeah... I watched the end of the Eagles/Giants game yesterday. Eagles win! Woo hoo! Although their run-defense leaves much to be desired... :think:

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
mo-nin!

no riding for me: worked at REI all weekend. we're getting ready for some high muck e muck from corporate, so I got to retag all the bikes. we have quite a few! my neck hurts now.

packing up the appt today- the gf and i move into our new place tomorrow!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all! Hit the trails on Friday night and the usual watering hole afterward...good times! Saturday I played with my new car and did house stuff. Sunday I hung out with my younger brother and did school stuff. Maybe tonight I will buy some parts for my new vehicle :D or go for a ride ;)

Schools hectic so I haven't had much time to post, but I am hoping that changes soon!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
slowSSer said:
packing up the appt today- the gf and i move into our new place tomorrow!!!!
I'm probably just late hearing this news, but congrats :thumb: - new residences are always fun...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
pixelninja said:
Mornin all. No riding again for me this weekend. Did nothing but work on the fence I'm building around my front yard. The hardest part of digging all the post holes (19) and setting the posts in concrete is done. Hanging the pickets is cake and I decided that a paint sprayer is definitely needed to paint the darn thing. It's starting to come together. Here's the northeast corner with a coat of primer on it:

white picket fence...nice!