Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm going to make an assumption that some people aren't going to be here today what with the US holiday and all. It's nice when there isn't traffic in the morning.

So how was everybody's weekend. I had an awesome fall weekend. I had an awesome German dinner at Mountain Brauhaus just outside of New Paltz NY on the way up into the Gunks.

What did everybody else do?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a great weekend. Did a 4+ hour solo ride Saturday morning, worked around the house Sat afternoon, spent Sunday at Paragon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had a great weekend. Did a 4+ hour solo ride Saturday morning, worked around the house Sat afternoon, spent Sunday at Paragon.
Nice!! How was paragon? Got pics?
4hrs is pretty kick ass.
I think I sent you PM on Friday.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I had a good weekend. Had beers with friends Friday night, painted a room in the office sat. AM, went to the Greek Festival Sat. PM with the family and enjoyed good food and some beers, Sun AM went for my first ride in a long time, Sun PM had beers and good food with the family at a new Pub within walking distance to my house.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I don't see why more employers make C-Day a holiday.
OK so it's not top on the Holiday list but that's not what matters anymore. Just like labor day, WE NEED A BREAK. It's just a small holiday break to help make it all the way to Thanksgiving.
Either that or Halloween should be a national holiday, d@mn christians running this country would sh!t if that happened. So give us our Columbus day so that we may celebrate the europeans that came over and killed all indians for us.

Didn't do much this weekend. Had a nice wreck trying to clear a switchback yesterday, OTB into a ninja roll! Full camelbacks are good for soft landings!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DVNT said:
I don't see why more employers make C-Day a holiday.
OK so it's not top on the Holiday list but that's not what matters anymore. Just like labor day, WE NEED A BREAK. It's just a small holiday break to help make it all the way to Thanksgiving.
Either that or Halloween should be a national holiday, d@mn christians running this country would sh!t if that happened. So give us our Columbus day so that we may celebrate the europeans that came over and killed all indians for us.

Didn't do much this weekend. Had a nice wreck trying to clear a switchback yesterday, OTB into a ninja roll! Full camelbacks are good for soft landings!
you make a good point.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
stosh said:
I had an awesome German dinner at Mountain Brauhaus just outside of New Paltz NY on the way up into the Gunks.

What did everybody else do?
My Dad used to take me there when I was a little kid. Awesome place. I am without a bike currently. So no riding for me. Went to see a country band on saturday, it was OK. The women were hot but all had boyfriends?? ......jdcamb

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdcamb said:
My Dad used to take me there when I was a little kid. Awesome place. I am without a bike currently. So no riding for me. Went to see a country band on saturday, it was OK. The women were hot but all had boyfriends?? ......jdcamb
Wow thats crazy that you've been there!!!

They had 1'6" tall glasses of Spatten Octoberfest!! KICK ASSSSSS!!!!
I've driven past the place about 300 times going up to the mtns. Never realised how great it was!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Nice!! How was paragon? Got pics?
4hrs is pretty kick ass.
I think I sent you PM on Friday.
Paragon was good - we had a great group - 4 trucks and an ATV. We ran some good trails, though we were a bit limited by the stock Wrangler that was with us. Because the group was so small, we didn't stop very often for pictures... we just kept on rolling. I have a few, and I'm hoping to get some more from other people in the group. I'll probably post them this afternoon or tomorrow.

4+ hours is kick ass, but it also kicked my ass. I'm not sure what I was thinking... but somehow what started out as a moderate pace with a 4+ hour goal turned into a moderate pace but all the hardest lines/climbs with a 4+ hour goal. I did 2 climbs that I've never made before... one was relatively short but insanely steep, the other never seemed to end but the grade was much more reasonable.

I got a couple of PMs from you about the shock/hardware... did you send any others? I'd like to come down and get that shock from you as soon as I can find some time. I know I'm busy Sunday, but Saturday might be a possibility? You free Satruday?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Paragon was good - we had a great group - 4 trucks and an ATV. We ran some good trails, though we were a bit limited by the stock Wrangler that was with us. Because the group was so small, we didn't stop very often for pictures... we just kept on rolling. I have a few, and I'm hoping to get some more from other people in the group. I'll probably post them this afternoon or tomorrow.

4+ hours is kick ass, but it also kicked my ass. I'm not sure what I was thinking... but somehow what started out as a moderate pace with a 4+ hour goal turned into a moderate pace but all the hardest lines/climbs with a 4+ hour goal. I did 2 climbs that I've never made before... one was relatively short but insanely steep, the other never seemed to end but the grade was much more reasonable.

I got a couple of PMs from you about the shock/hardware... did you send any others? I'd like to come down and get that shock from you as soon as I can find some time. I know I'm busy Sunday, but Saturday might be a possibility? You free Satruday?
Cool, I sent ya another PM.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Well if it make you feel any better I have to take the trash to the dump and likely cut the grass (1.5 acres of grass). But after that I still plan to get some nice single track miles in, high of only 70F today in the dirty south!! :)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
stosh said:
Wow thats crazy that you've been there!!!

They had 1'6" tall glasses of Spatten Octoberfest!! KICK ASSSSSS!!!!
I've driven past the place about 300 times going up to the mtns. Never realised how great it was!!
Somehow, some way, they are friends of my Family. Not sure how though. Cool place though.....jdcamb

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
I had an awesome German dinner at Mountain Brauhaus just outside of New Paltz NY on the way up into the Gunks.
Yeah, but what was up with all of that traffic in New Paltz - those damn New York City folks with their leaf-peeping and apple-picking! :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;) ;)

I drove right by the Brahaus on the way up to Minewaska. Hiked around with the wife & kid. At 30 days old, she's not quite old enough for the bike trailer yet. It was beautiful up there though...... Anyway, we at greek food at Yannis, in town.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdcamb said:
Somehow, some way, they are friends of my Family. Not sure how though. Cool place though.....jdcamb
Oh... yeah they had some kick butt beer

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
Yeah, but what was up with all of that traffic in New Paltz - those damn New York City folks with their leaf-peeping and apple-picking! :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;) ;)

I drove right by the Brahaus on the way up to Minewaska. Hiked around with the wife & kid. At 30 days old, she's not quite old enough for the bike trailer yet. It was beautiful up there though...... Anyway, we at greek food at Yannis, in town.
I don't go into NP this time of year. They are a pain up in the Mtns though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:

you get some Bakalava?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
we used to have c-day off, but then they replaced it w/ teh day after thanksgiving, which most people took off anyway.

this weekend was kids' weekend. had friends over saturday and they brought their two boys over (same age as ours). then yesterday we drove up to maine and visited a work friend of ours who was in ireland and hung out w/ his wife and kid. good times. oh yeah, go sox!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
we used to have c-day off, but then they replaced it w/ teh day after thanksgiving, which most people took off anyway.

this weekend was kids' weekend. had friends over saturday and they brought their two boys over (same age as ours). then yesterday we drove up to maine and visited a work friend of ours who was in ireland and hung out w/ his wife and kid. good times. oh yeah, go sox!
where did you go in Maine. I had no idea you were in the US.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Sorry for the Rant on Columbus day. Looks like I was mistaken, instead of giving us a day off, my bosses wife (whom I believe is now wearing the pants) planned a C-Day cook out. And because I don't eat meat - I was instructed to run to the grocery store to get something to grill.

I hate myself.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DVNT said:
Sorry for the Rant on Columbus day. Looks like I was mistaken, instead of giving us a day off, my bosses wife (whom I believe is now wearing the pants) planned a C-Day cook out. And because I don't eat meat - I was instructed to run to the grocery store to get something to grill.

I hate myself.
pics' fo bosses wife?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
stosh said:
pics' fo bosses wife?

I wouldn't do that to you. It would just be cruel, she makes Bigginsis's Boss look like a Supa Model.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
where did you go in Maine. I had no idea you were in the US.
up to York. not too far from where we live. as a kid we used to spend a week each summer at york, and i think we might go up next summer. pretty cool beach town, and ogunquit/old orchard beach is just up the road too.

check my location under my avatar...i've been back since late august.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DVNT said:
I wouldn't do that to you. It would just be cruel, she makes Bigginsis's Boss look like a Supa Model.
bwahhhhhhhh I still haven't seen a pic of bigginsis.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DVNT said:
So does that mean you won?

I lost track of that thread.
ha no I told biggins he won in a PM I couldn't find my older pics. I think they were on Film too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Wumpus said:
What a beautiful morning. The sun is out for the first time in 10 days, and no rain in the forecast.QUOTE]

I should've kept my mouth shut. F'in clouds.

And man it's cold. Temps hovering at 65*F.
sorry man that sucks!!

splat

Nam I am
J

JRB

Wumpus said:
I should've kept my mouth shut. F'in clouds.

And man it's cold. Temps hovering at 65*F.

Quit bitching - it was dry for our ride yesterday. Weird dry even. You acted like a kicked dog and didn't want to drive 45 minutes for a ride. Stop complaining and go jog or something. ;) When can you ride??? We are going to Waco Saturday if it is dry.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Got back from Vegas last night. I think the best part of the weekend was on Saturday when we when sightseeing at Hoover Dam and the Valley of Fire. :)

Now I have to go catch up on all of my work :(

Have a good day! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Got back from Vegas last night. I think the best part of the weekend was on Saturday when we when sightseeing at Hoover Dam and the Valley of Fire. :)

Now I have to go catch up on all of my work :(

Have a good day! :)
nice pic! Got any damn bait?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. Weekend was decent. Started out badly - Friday night Evy had a temp of 102*, but by Sat she was feeling much better. This was good because we had her first birthday party that day. Had a great time and Evy got lots of fun toys. Sunday was a lazy day. Went and looked at some property we've invested in, then chilled at home and watched football. Go Rams!

Mmmmmmm. Cake is good...