Quantcast

Good Ole Microsoft

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Ok so this is a lil off the topic but its got me heated and I wanted to share this with all Ya'll.
We moved a year ago (WA) and before that I bought a MS Works Suite package. Well recently I reloaded my comp to clean it up and get it running better, in the process of reloading I noticed I didn't save the yellow sticker from the MS works box that had my product key on it. (How convienent of a place to put a product sticker) Anyhow, I go to call Microsoft and they proceed to tell me that it's a $10 fee to look up my product key number. Can you believe this $hit!? What a crock of horse dung!

Well, I just thought I'd post this up here to share this lesson with you all and also so you know to watch out for Microsoft and their jacking fees!

Keep it real!
Josh

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by WARider
Ok so this is a lil off the topic but its got me heated and I wanted to share this with all Ya'll.
We moved a year ago (WA) and before that I bought a MS Works Suite package. Well recently I reloaded my comp to clean it up and get it running better, in the process of reloading I noticed I didn't save the yellow sticker from the MS works box that had my product key on it. (How convienent of a place to put a product sticker) Anyhow, I go to call Microsoft and they proceed to tell me that it's a $10 fee to look up my product key number. Can you believe this $hit!? What a crock of horse dung!

Well, I just thought I'd post this up here to share this lesson with you all and also so you know to watch out for Microsoft and their jacking fees!

Keep it real!
Josh
hmm...

Kazaa

strack

Chimp
Jan 14, 2002
Houston, TX
Kazaa is the answer to your $10 problem. Although, I'd recommend KazaaLite, so that you don't end up with the spyware that's part of the full-blown Kazaa.

Kazaa = P2P file-sharing software (ala Napster, Morpheus, Grokster, etc--only better)

...um, or so I hear...of course, I would never do that myself
:cool: :D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by strack
Kazaa is the answer to your $10 problem. Although, I'd recommend KazaaLite, so that you don't end up with the spyware that's part of the full-blown Kazaa.

Kazaa = P2P file-sharing software (ala Napster, Morpheus, Grokster, etc--only better)

...um, or so I hear...of course, I would never do that myself
:cool: :D
Is kazza still up? I was trying to get connected last night to do some research ( ;) ) and couldn't...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
ack!

I fvckin' hate KaZaa... all those little punks renaming files thinking that's somehow funny ?!?!?:confused: :monkey: :mad: :angry:

Bearshare's network is a little better.

I've heard better things about limewire, guess i'll check 'em out.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Someone in your predicament who is looking for information might do a search in Google for "MS Works Suite serialz" or "MS Works serialz"... :monkey: