Quantcast

Good or bad deal?

wetsponge007

Monkey
Jan 2, 2006
Camarillo
I called a bike shop asking about a Xam 1.0 and the shop owner told me he had this for $1500:

2007 Dakar Xam 2.0 frame
Fork:, 1st time he said it was like an 888(now he just told me Marz built it for him, he's good friends with them, it's a single crown, air, 4 to 6 inch, with lockout, and rebound control.
Rear Shock: Roco Air
Bars,stem, and seat post: Easton Havoc
Shifters: XT
Rear D:xtr
Front D: xt
Wheels: Sun Ringle
Brakes: Avid bb5

I forgot to ask about the cranks

Do you think it's a good or bad deal? He told me he gets a new bike every 6 months, I haven't actually seen it in person.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sorry for the derail. That picture was posted in a "custom motivational poster" thread and it makes me laugh every time I see it.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Probably should go in to the shop and check it out. Good price, but all the people i know with jamis's have cracked them

wetsponge007

Monkey
Jan 2, 2006
Camarillo
Probably should go in to the shop and check it out. Good price, but all the people i know with jamis's have cracked them

Oh that's no good. I was looking at some other bikes like the SC Nomad, Yeti 575, Specialized SX and Enduro, Intense 5.5 and 6.6, and think one of those may be a better bet. Have any of you had a major problem with any of those, besides a decrease in wallet thickness?