Quantcast

Good places to eat around Diablo!

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
I figured it would be nice to start a thread with crazy places to/from/around Diablo, that people have eaten at. Im not talking about Arby's or a pizza place either. Im looking for those hidden gems that are not too talked about.

If you have ever passed, or stopped at a sweet place before of after riding, throw it up in this thread...

Ill start out with the:

Falls View grill, right down 94S. Their hod dogs are awsome (no Rutts hut, or Callahans but good) I have never tried the ribs, but they look osm.

Also, I keep passing this BBQ joint on 94 in Blairstown, I need to stop in sometime, real BBQ is osm!
Winners Circle BBQ

So.. what else is good?

...edit... Im going to add everyones suggestions to this post.

Savannah's Restaurant - Fine dining, country breakfast(coming soon)

Lil Anthony's - Pizzeria/Restaurant

The Mixing Bowl Deli - deli snacks

The George Inn - Good appetizers, all kinds of food.

Wok N' Sushi - Specialty sushi.

Granny's Pancace House & Grill - Breakfast

Yesterdays - Fine food & Spirits

Back Yard Grille - homestyle cooking

Cafe a La Mode - breakfast

Last edited:

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
While doing the overnight deal this past weekend a group of us went to "lil anthony's" i think it was called, its in the plaza of the AP grocery store. Little italian place with HUGE portions on the cheap. Probably the best thing after a day of riding. But i'm also partial to something like that vs. a bbq joint as i'm a veg.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
While doing the overnight deal this past weekend a group of us went to "lil anthony's" i think it was called, its in the plaza of the AP grocery store. Little italian place with HUGE portions on the cheap. Probably the best thing after a day of riding. But i'm also partial to something like that vs. a bbq joint as i'm a veg.
Hey, ill have to check that out... Italian is great!

nickfjields

Chimp
Jun 6, 2008
New York
little anthony's is especially good on tuesdays, $6.99 all you can eat pizza and soda. the only problem is the pizza is always kinda soggy and the soda too syrupy. but its all you can eat

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
I figured it would be nice to start a thread with crazy places to/from/around Diablo, that people have eaten at. Im not talking about Arby's or a pizza place either. Im looking for those hidden gems that are not too talked about.

If you have ever passed, or stopped at a sweet place before of after riding, throw it up in this thread...

Ill start out with the:

Falls View grill, right down 94S. Their hod dogs are awsome (no Rutts hut, or Callahans but good) I have never tried the ribs, but they look osm.

Also, I keep passing this BBQ joint on 94 in Blairstown, I need to stop in sometime, real BBQ is osm!
Winners Circle BBQ

So.. what else is good?

...edit... Im going to add everyones suggestions to this post.

Savannah's Restaurant Fine dining, country breakfast(coming soon)

Lil Anthony's Pizzeria/Restaurant

warwick has a lot to offer if you do no mind a 15 minute drive. for dinner the Back Yard Grille is fantastic. home style cooking, ample portions and fair prices.

for breakfast the Cafe a La Mode can not be beat.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I'd recommend Frank's Pizzeria/Restaurant over Little Anothony's, the only thing better about Little Anthony's is that it's about 5 minutes closer then Frank's, but then again I thought this thread didn't include pizza parlors.:huh:

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2008
Anyone ever eat at Taco of the Town? (sussex)

Gots mad good reviews!
Ha! We went there a few weeks ago. The food was OK. Decent, generic mexican food. It was completely empty when we got there and the waitress was playing Morrissey, then half way through eating it switched to really loud Mexican music.

Weird experience all around, but solid.

Pizza Pro's was all right. Hard to screw up sandwiches and pizza,though.

Also, I'm infinitely more qualified to respond to threads about food than I am threads about riding bikes.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Man... I haven't been to the Coyote in years, yet I could prob. walk there (or ride my bike) I guess the people that wrote the reviews on Taco of the Town never ate at El Coyote.

Personally I like places like Qudoba or Pancheros Mexican grill.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Wok N' Sushi up on Rt 23 has great sushi (ask for the specialty sushi menu)& there's a really good Mexican place next to it that just opened, but I can't remember the name offhand.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
I just wonder if there is any less talked about places like,
Rutts Hut
Jimmy Buffs
White Mana
Clinton Diner (Mt Olympus 50lb. hamburger) <-not a typo
NY Milkshake company (before they moved off of St.Marks)
Crif Dogs
Famous Daves BBQ
ect.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
List some broad locations (Not your Ex). For instance, is there anything on Rt.23?
Granny's is THE joint for breakfast, go past Diablo make a left onto 517 then a right onto Rt 23 & it's on your right about 100 yards up.

There's two good diners on 23 also if you take 94 to 23 & make a right, go a couple of miles, one is on your left (can't remember the name, but it's really good) & the Sussex Queen diner is on your right shortly afterwards.

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I go to Hooters on Rt23 in Little Falls. The food is terrible and the beer is piss warm.