Quantcast

good riding in Israel?

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Anyone know of any good riding in Israel? It looks like I may be there for some time so am wondering if its worth taking my bike with me or not.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
the was a tv show on Rush HD a few years ago that followed Cedric Gracia riding some lift access park in Israel. cant remember the name though...

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
There are a few Israeli monkeys on here that can probably give you some good information. I'll let them know about this thread.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
There is somebody posting some good DH shots from Israel on one of the photography forums that I'm on. He said the trails aren't long but it looked like the guys are serious about it.

Here's a link.

Last edited:

DHDror

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Israel
Hey there,
I am in Israel and I'ill be happy to answer all your questions , just shoot me a mail to drorhs@lubinski.co.il .

Basicly the scene in Israel is mostly all mountain and that is the more practical way to go here but if you really want to do DH , there is one big mountain called Manara cliff - it is not a ski resort but it has a cable car that carries riders to the top almost everyday.
The best time to visit there is Dec.-Apr. , the rest of the year is too hot and too loose (but possible...)
There are about 4 trails there and the terrain is very demanding and not the of the groomed bike-park type.
the rest of the DH trails are around 2 min. long and you have to join other riders for shuttling.
Overall, there are plenty of places to ride all year long .

I've added 2 clips from Manara cliff and another one from one of the short trails.

Don't hesitate to write me.
Dror

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Thanks for the help guys. It all looks like good fun there Dror thanks for the videos. I am probably a bit more in to the all mountain thing these days anyhow as I have not raced for years. I just love getting out on the bike. I will hopefully know soon when and where I will be travelling so I will drop you a email when I know a little more. Thanks again all :)