Quantcast

Good shop in SoCal (I mean GOOD)

MadDHer

Monkey
Mar 8, 2006
Hi guys, as Fontana is around the corner I'm looking for a good record shop in SoCal where I can get some good techno music to pump me up for the race season.
I used to listen to hard core rock, but that's too american, and unfortunatelly Americans aren't the fastest out there.
Fabian Barrel is french, he listens to techno. Do you guys know a good place to get some good tunes?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
MadDHer said:
Hi guys, as Fontana is around the corner I'm looking for a good record shop in SoCal where I can get some good techno music to pump me up for the race season.
I used to listen to hard core rock, but that's too american, and unfortunatelly Americans aren't the fastest out there.
Fabian Barrel is french, he listens to techno. Do you guys know a good place to get some good tunes?
Well Rabie is not really American but he is pretty fast although he won't race and I know he listens to a lot of techno and Goth and wears a lot of black. If it's working for Barrel and Rabie there's got to be something to it..hit him up.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
MadDHer said:
That was awesome logic. What would you do if Fabian was gay? :rofl:

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
If you're looking towards music to make you faster, what would you do if I said I drank all night, woke up drunk, raced and got 5th in pro?

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
MadDHer said:
I think you need to just download some techno and make the ULTIMATE mix C.D. Just make sure you get "Call on me", "Around the world" and of course "Sandstorm".

When on the freeway at 70mph, hit the little reflective things and it will create a perfect beat to "headbang" to the techno...That'll get you waaay pumped.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
amateur said:
If you're looking towards music to make you faster, what would you do if I said I drank all night, woke up drunk, raced and got 5th in pro?
Raid your CD collection so that I could be just as fast?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Fonzie18 said:
I think you need to just download some techno and make the ULTIMATE mix C.D. Just make sure you get "Call on me", "Around the world" and of course "Sandstorm".

When on the freeway at 70mph, hit the little reflective things and it will create a perfect beat to "headbang" to the techno...That'll get you waaay pumped.
Sandstorm is classic.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
i went amoeba for the first time a few weeks ago. They have so much music. I got L-sides (Lexicon) 2000 fold (Styles of Beyond) a mountain cd, poison, and I think another.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
if you're in Fontana, CD World in Riverside is likely your best option. They have a great selection of just about everything for dirt-cheap. Plus it's fairly close to the course (<15 minutes)