Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

The weather sucks... I'm really hoping on going to the US OPEN this weekend but it's stupposed to be crappy.
The one thing I can say positive while it's been very overcast and cold we haven't gotten a heck of a lot of rain. So anybody who's going to be racing while it will be wet it won't be nearly as wet had it been raining this entire week.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Morning Stosh.

Switched my cycloputer over to the new bike last night. Woke up this morning to a BEAUTIFUL clear, warm, sunny morning. Not supposed to last though. But if the rain holds off, I've got a 25mile road ride for ice cream planned for tonight. Only 1 real climb, and it's on the way home, so it should be a good route for me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Morning Stosh.

Switched my cycloputer over to the new bike last night. Woke up this morning to a BEAUTIFUL clear, warm, sunny morning. Not supposed to last though. But if the rain holds off, I've got a 25mile road ride for ice cream planned for tonight. Only 1 real climb, and it's on the way home, so it should be a good route for me.
wait... did you say "sun"?
WTF

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's FRIDAY!!!! Well, it is for me. Four day weekend ahead. WOO HOO!

Tomorrow: Lots of running around to do, getting ready to throw my mom a 60th birthday party. Hopefully I can squeeze a ride in sometime tomorrow.
Saturday: Have a wedding to attend. Blah.
Sunday: Mom's party.
Monday: Nothing planned, but I am sure a ride of some sort will occur.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
The weather sucks... I'm really hoping on going to the US OPEN this weekend but it's stupposed to be crappy.

CT weather the next four days is going to be partly coudy, low 70's, just a slight chance of late day rain all four days.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Hey everyone, just graduated college, now im back into the work force...you know what that means....more involvement in the good morning threads... ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
CT weather the next four days is going to be partly coudy, low 70's, just a slight chance of late day rain all four days.
that seems to be the forcast for around here as well.

Man if I go I'll make sure to get some ROCKIN pics of the pro riders.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Hey everyone, just graduated college, now im back into the work force...you know what that means....more involvement in the good morning threads... ;)
Congrats! What were you going to college for?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Friday for me too!!! :) Supposed to rain on and off right through to monday around here. Tomorrow is supposed to be the best of the bunch though. I've got a ride planned with my neighbor (& Dalton 24-hour Teammate) for tomorrow at 7:30am and another one in the works for late morning/early afternoon with Treesaw. Sat. is my daughter's first dance recital. 20 four-year-olds in tap shoes....yikes! :eek: Sunday, if the weather permits, will be another ride day. Monday is up in the air right now...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mrbigisbudgood said:
  • Friday - work on house
  • Saturday - work on house
  • Sunday - work on house
  • Monday - work on house
  • :dead:
You get the pump installed in your basement?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stosh said:
Congrats! What were you going to college for?

Management Information Systems with a minor in business admin...

So now Im working at Bayer Corp...and talking on the monkey. But it isnt my first choice job wanna get a web design job...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning all.

Leave for the Burn 24 tommorrow. I'm nervous as hell, not in the condition I want to be. It's gonna hurt.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Morning all.

Leave for the Burn 24 tommorrow. I'm nervous as hell, not in the condition I want to be. It's gonna hurt.
Gonna come to MBW?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Gonna come to MBW?
Can't do it. I'll be in California. Not to mention my brother just had his first baby and I need to find some time to visit him. On that note he lives in White plains so I'll have to bring my bike and see if I can get a ride or beer in with all y'all Yankee types.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Westy said:
Morning all.

You mean, it's gonna burn :rolleyes: Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Good luck man!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Westy said:
Where do you do your riding?
For a quick ride, I can see Accotink from my house and Wakefield is only a couple of minutes ride away, and Fountainhead is a 15-20 minute drive. When I have more time, Schaeffer Farms, Patapsco, and the Shed are relatively close. With some planning I head out to Elizabeth Furnace or Rothrock State Forest in PA. If the rain holds off or stays light on Saturday, all should be rideable this weekend. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BikeGeek said:
For a quick ride, I can see Accotink from my house and Wakefield is only a couple of minutes ride away, and Fountainhead is a 15-20 minute drive. When I have more time, Schaeffer Farms, Patapsco, and the Shed are relatively close. With some planning I head out to Elizabeth Furnace or Rothrock State Forest in PA. If the rain holds off or stays light on Saturday, all should be rideable this weekend. :D
How is elizabeth furnace. I've heard about it but know little of it, is it worth a trip from central Va?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Westy said:
How is elizabeth furnace. I've heard about it but know little of it, is it worth a trip from central Va?
I totally think it's worth it, given what we have to ride in the immediate area. I don't know how it compares to stuff down your way.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin...last day at work this week for me..heading down to Smith for some Rock Climbing. Had the WEIRDEST dreams last night...should have written them down...there was even a big samoan lady that I called Mo cuz I couldn't pronounce her name (yes, in my dream), two coworkers who were eating mac n cheese. Mo was from Hawaii and started speaking to me when I was walking home from someone's house cuz I forgot something, so I made her tag along - she was from Hawaii (wtf - I've never been to HI) from a place called pui pui...hahaha - my head is so messed..

Oh - and a dood that looked like a cross between Fabio and the hot dude in Last of the Mohicans (big nose guy) taught my yoga class last night...and he had no sympathy...hahahah...hello - just call me Ms. Pretzel....

J

JRB

Good morning. I am here today and tomorrow and leaving for Comfort Saturday morning for the weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Can't do it. I'll be in California. Not to mention my brother just had his first baby and I need to find some time to visit him. On that note he lives in White plains so I'll have to bring my bike and see if I can get a ride or beer in with all y'all Yankee types.
Dude, let me know when you're gonna be up. White Plains is about 45min from me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
Heather Mosley will be there, remember her from Old Pueblo?

she won female solo and it was her Hubby that toke 10 minutes to find pliers to get the cactus out of Gee Spot's hand/arm
Hasn't TreeSaw been riding with her? I'll be 24 hour event stalking her.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Good Morning.

Taking a break from trying to decipher this F'n Glatt Fluid Bed Dryer for electrical requirements... :dead:

Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will hold for Sat & Sun...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Im heading out to NJ from PA to get my new car this weekend:

Loaded black VW Jetta GLI 6 speed...ahhh enjoying the fruits of my college years...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Im heading out to NJ from PA to get my new car this weekend:

Loaded black VW Jetta GLI 6 speed...ahhh enjoying the fruits of my college years...
Where in NJ?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Good Morning.

Taking a break from trying to decipher this F'n Glatt Fluid Bed Dryer for electrical requirements... :dead:

Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will hold for Sat & Sun...
you racing or just hanging?