Quantcast

++ Good Thursday Morning ++

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good morning :monkey:s. Stosh seems to be absent thus far, so I thought I'd kick it off.

Went to an awesome baseball game last night. Jenn's brother's team was in the semi-finals.

Their pitcher had a spectacularly crappy first inning and basically walked in 4 runs. The next five innings went without a run scored. Then, after the sixth inning, the skies opened up, the wind and lightning started going. It was unbelievable - the rain was going sideways.

After about 2 hours, it let up, and they spent an hour fixing the field, then went ahead with the last inning. Our team managed to tie it up and send it into extra innings, then got 3 more runs in the 9th to make it 7-4 final score! It was a crazy, crazy game - I'm all hoarse today from screaming for hours. The entire team really stepped up, I don't think there was a single person without a major play. They were all (deservedly) walking around with ludicrous grins on their faces afterwards. Finals are the Saturday and I'm going to miss it :( - but I'm going whitewater rafting, so that should be fun.

Anyhow, great game, Jeff (Jenn's brother) kicked ass :D. Got tomorrow off from work and rafting on Saturday!

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
G'morning!

Another day in the office with broken a/c for me... :rolleyes:

Stumbled across the new Santa Cruz Nomad... Mmm... think I may have found my next frame! :sneaky:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ian F said:
Stumbled across the new Santa Cruz Nomad... Mmm... think I may have found my next frame! :sneaky:
There was a gray one posted on MTBR - which I thought looked a thousand times better than that hideous polished one that was originally posted.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's FRIDAY!!! Well, for me anyway. Tomorrow morning I am off to Kingdom Trails. :) This is supposed to be a training weekend, so I am sure I'll come home a sore man Sunday.

:dancing:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Back in the office today, had a killer business trip the past 3 days, got to lay on the beach (of lake erie) :rolleyes: but it was actually really cool, beats sitting in my cubicle.

Also went for a ride last night in horrid heat, 90+ humid. Yuck, but it was actually a really fun ride :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
got up early and did a road ride for about an hour - not sure how far I rode but it was nice to be out on the bike. I need a new rear deraileur cable for my Jamis.

Tonight I'll head out to Bolton, CT to watch Liam's baseball game. I've named his team the Bad News Bears as they haven't won a game yet all season. But they seem to be having a lot of fun still so it's all good.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
binary visions said:
There was a gray one posted on MTBR - which I thought looked a thousand times better than that hideous polished one that was originally posted.
I'd probably go with some sort of black (powder coat or anodized), but I'm more interested in the idea behind the bike: 6.5" of travel, 180mm dual crown fork capable, takes a front derailluer, 135mm rear hub. If they made one with a 12mm t/a and has a mounting boss for an E-type front derailleur, I'd be at my LBS putting a deposit down right now (as then I could just move the entire kit from my aged Yeti ;) ).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wrapping things up at work. Have tommorow off, traveling to Asheville NC for a friends wedding. Short of the wedding invitation I have not seen or spoken to this guy in 6 years. It's going to be weird.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG said:
Tonight I'll head out to Bolton, CT to watch Liam's baseball game. I've named his team the Bad News Bears as they haven't won a game yet all season. But they seem to be having a lot of fun still so it's all good.
Haha.. Oh well, as long as they're enjoying themselves.

I've taken quite a liking to baseball in the past year. Never really had the occasion to watch it, since most of my friends don't do anything but go to the occasional Sox game, but the more I watch it, the more I like it.

Still not as good as watching football, though :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! NYS 8th grade science testing today so the building is quiet for a change. I am giving a few finals and deciding which light I am going to get for my birthday. :D Finished some housework last night and weeded through a pile of junk mail.

Other than that, not too much else going on. I think I am going out for chinese today so that I am definately looking forward to!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
I've taken quite a liking to baseball in the past year. Never really had the occasion to watch it, since most of my friends don't do anything but go to the occasional Sox game, but the more I watch it, the more I like it.
:thumb:

I'm a huge baseball fan. I do agree that football is more fun to watch.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I went to a really crappy game last night. Made the 2 1/2 hour drive to St. Louis with a buddy (who is a Red Sox fan), wiated through a 3-hour rain delay and then a recap of any of last year's World Series games ... the Cardinals just mailed it in. I got back home at 3 in the morning.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Trying to decide which group ride I am doing tonight (road vs Mtn) ???

Albany does "Alive at 5" all summer, free outdoor concert every Thursday, then most of the downtown bars have a "Live after 5" show, I was asked to go but I'm not really in the mood.......plus I plan on hitting happy hour on Friday

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:

Albany does "Alive at 5" all summer, free outdoor concert every Thursday, then most of the downtown bars have a "Live after 5" show, I was asked to go but I'm not really in the mood.......plus I plan on hitting happy hour on Friday
Hmmm...tough choice. I am riding at home tonight :( No "Pitts" for me.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Tried to ride last night, but got rained out. Nothing going on today. Planning on riding tomorrow night.
What are you afraid to melt? I was rockin' the SMBA trails last night when the T-storms arrived. Certainly did away with some bugs and was quite fun :p

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
What are you afraid to melt? I was rockin' the SMBA trails last night when the T-storms arrived. Certainly did away with some bugs and was quite fun :p
We got through the first rock garden section of the northwoods, and then the sky opened up. So as we sat at the top of the second rockgarden, watching the ledges get more and more slippery, and then looked at the bridge you cross at the bottom also rain soaked and slick as hell, we said screw it. All I need is to break an arm before Dalton...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
We got through the first rock garden section of the northwoods, and then the sky opened up. So as we sat at the top of the second rockgarden, watching the ledges get more and more slippery, and then looked at the bridge you cross at the bottom also rain soaked and slick as hell, we said screw it. All I need is to break an arm before Dalton...
Nice! There were a few moments when I questioned my sanity last night as I was bombing along the slippery rocks-n-roots. Made for a fun ending to a good ride though :dancing:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning everybody.
I need to round up all my money and go get a cashier's check for my new fork. :D I'm getting an 04 Boxxer Team courtesy of mobius, I'm so excited to get it. :D Then... I might take my AC out for an XC ride but I need to get some new grips for it so I dunno if I have enough money. :p If not I suppose I could take the hardtail, lol. Anyways, I'll probably sit at the computer most of the day, maybe go pick up something for lunch and then ride the trainer for a while.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
binary visions said:

I agree! It's so much nicer to see color on that frame, the polished just brings out all its weird curves and makes them flamboyant on the frame.

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
'lo all. Picked up four old Singletracks for free today from the LBS, and booked the hardtail in for a free service now I have my new Whyte to ride :D

In the downside, the old bike I was looking to flog cheaply has a dented rim, which would cost about as much to fix as I was hoping to get for it :( I need to find an old wheel from somewhere...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:

Ooh those are great concerts. I'm going to try to hit up the bluesfest in July up there.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Good morning, I am about to kill myself with a #2 pencil,because it's finals week and I have no finals to take today, Just three hours of sitting doing NOTHING.