Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
Where do you usually ride and what type or riding do you usually do?
In Massachusetts, primarily do freeriding though I am open to trail rides so long as they are slow paced. I only have a big bike, so be kind. Frequent Nam and Lynn Woods, so if anyone is going either place let me know and I will see if I can work something out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
In Massachusetts, primarily do freeriding though I am open to trail rides so long as they are slow paced. I only have a big bike, so be kind. Frequent Nam and Lynn Woods, so if anyone is going either place let me know and I will see if I can work something out.
Do know Splat?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning!

Still a bit fuzzy from last night.....went to the Dave Matthews show. Err.......that is, we went to the second set of the Dave Matthews show. Some girl had flipped her car on one of the main roads leading into the ampitheater, and it backed up traffic for nearly two hours!!! Holy crap.......it seemed like it took forever. A large percentage of the parking lot was still filling up halfway into the show because of the delay.

Still....I hadn't had high expectations for what I was going to hear. Figured mostly new stuff that I haven't taken the time to listen to yet and would be unfamiliar with. Instead, they devoted the second set to all of the old-school DMB tunes. Particularly of interest was a haunting version of "Typical Situation" a ripping version of "All Along the Watchtower" with a latin bass intro by Stephan Lessard later joined by Dave--- and the crowd favorite, during the encore of "Ants Marching". The band was extremely tight---everything falling on cue everytime. LeRoi and Boyd were locked in together and were playing off of each other several times during short jams sessions. They've definately cooled out on some of the streched out jams they used to be known for, but with the amount of material they have to cover each night, it's probably just not a good idea. I was impressed with the crowd----well not the fact that myself and our party was quite older than your typical DMB listener, but the fact that they were really into it. Gave me a shred of hope that all youth had not been lost to bubblegum punk music quite just yet. Tickets were high, though......one of the highest priced shows all summer. 50 bones per ticket----lawn seats, at that. :eek:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
Do know Splat?
Nope, never had the pleasure. I hesitate to ride with him though, I know for a fact I would hold him, and everyone else up. My bike (I blame the bike on my lack of fitness) is big, heavy, and doesn't roll fast. Maybe I will put the SC sherman back on along with some lighter tires and clips and see if I can get down there for a ride sometime.

J

JRB

Good morning. I need a haircut too, but I likely won't post up about it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
Nope, never had the pleasure. I hesitate to ride with him though, I know for a fact I would hold him, and everyone else up. My bike (I blame the bike on my lack of fitness) is big, heavy, and doesn't roll fast. Maybe I will put the SC sherman back on along with some lighter tires and clips and see if I can get down there for a ride sometime.
I dont' think Splat would mind but I can't speak for him.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
TreeSaw said:
Morning all. Had a nice relaxing evening watching the T-storms. I had my first bowl of ice cream in ages and boy was it tastey...:D Today I am off to the post office and to get some groceries...we're out of fresh fruit and veggies :eek:
Don't forget the bacon!!

Morning all, uneventful night last night. Went to a friend's house and cooked some girls some dinner, nothing fancy just a little chicken and broccolli in a garlic sauce with angel hair pasta. Simple but really good. I've got class tonight and it's raining, so no ride until tomorrow or saturday. Oh yeah, I have to work all weekend from 11-11. Guess I'll just need to get up early to go on my rides.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
morning, apes.

not much is going on. had a (free) work dinner last night. striped bass and lobster. :drool:

gotta install my dvd burner tonight. that is all.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Busy morning. I'm stoked about getting my bike back into shape!!!

I'm shopping for body armor. I came up with the 661, but was wondering how their sizes run. Probably gonna order it tomorrow morning.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Boo Hoo! You were sooo slow without it... :rolleyes: :p
:D

it would have been more of a "less stress" difference - being I'd not be worried about my bike falling apart, or having to fix something between every lap

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stinkyboy said:
I just bought an Assault Pressure Suit, and have nothing but praise for it.

I have heard great things about it. I found the '05 pressure suite for $129.00, so I think thats the route I'll go.

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
and a good morning it is... slept in an hour extra after a long night ride last night (saw two scorpions on the trail too, unusual for the bay area) and arrived at work to find free coffee, bagels and donuts in the breakroom.

nothing but strawberry and maple cream cheese though :angry: